The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Alaskan Zibit! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thank you Jim. Sincerity appreciated. In all other corners and wide expanse of American Sideshow but my tiny fragment, I defer to your knowledge and experience.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Group Hug!!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Too old...you go ahead...
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2010-07-13 14:46, Harley Newman wrote:
How do conservatives feel?

with their hands.

Conservatives feel quite pleased at the moment!!

As they got in to govenment despite not having a straight majority. I know our simple ways are nothing compared to your american elections ..... but simple works .... oh wait a minute!
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Quote:
On 2010-07-14 10:11, Chance wrote:
Group Hug!!!

As the group prepares for a group Hug...Doug and The Curator duck out the back door..head to the corner Tavern...Have a Beverage and cut-up jackpots...

Later when told.."Hey, you Guys shoulda been at the Group Hug today..Todd R. revealed his new Bearded Dragon w/2-heads, Brett L. swallowed a Dagger, and the Canadian SS performers treated everyone to Tim Horton's donuts..." Doug and The Curator just smiled politely...

Moral of the Story...
No matter how Big the Attraction, How daring the Entertainment, or How tasty the Refreshments..Doug and The Curator "Don't Do Group Hugs!"....
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
But WE DO EAT DONUTS and partake of Beverages! (don't we?)
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Quote:
On 2010-07-14 21:17, Doug Higley wrote:
But WE DO EAT DONUTS and partake of Beverages! (don't we?)

We like most* everything...Except..."Group Hugs"....

*note: most
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Frankly I can't handle 'individual' hugs either.

pass the waffles...
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
MMM Dough nuts. .....

.... oh even better soft pretzels! MMMMM have not had any of them for years! If I thought they would get through customs I would get you all to send me a food parcel! We just don’t have them over here!!! See you have all the best stuff…….

First black president, Best junk food, best doughnuts …. Best doughnut holes, best army, best death penalty, best funny painted 1980s singer (ir Boy George) and well I am sure I am missing something?

Did we manage to fob you off with (err I mean kindly donate) Tony Blaire as well? He has not been seen over here for quite some time (thank goodness) ……… is he missing or is he just stuck up Mr Bushes arse? I guess not now that GWB is no longer president!

But really do feel free to send pretzel parcels ….cinnamon and raisin and or other interesting mixes.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Dave...off your meds again?
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1190 Posts

Profile of reese
Dave... breath o' fresh air?

yes'm, to us'm.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4435 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin

My ...... Wife made me take them again.....

so I am back "down to earth" for a few hours at least! Well she cant watch me all day when she is at work ....

Till tomorrow....

:)
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Corn dogs , Dave ,believe me you havent lived until you try a corn dog.Asda did them years ago and stopped ....I yearn for corn dogs.....................
E.O.I
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Loyal user
Scottsdale, AZ
249 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Yeehaw, I picked up Myron today from the mailbox place. He'll be shown by this time Saturday (maybe Friday). =:)

Jay Jennings
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
Hi Jay,

Saw your post and picture in the Step right up section. Here's a picture of my Zibit set-up:

http://s1033.photobucket.com/albums/a420......0333.jpg

I used 3/4 inch electrical conduit for the frame to attach the banners to. It's available at home improvement and hardware stores, it's inexpensive, cuts easily with a hack saw, and is more sturdy than plastic PVC. No sagging. The fittings and connectors are available here:

http://www.ysbw.com/3-4-Canopy-Fittings-s/6.htm (Many thanks to Don Driver for originally posting this link!)
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Loyal user
Scottsdale, AZ
249 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Thanks, Bill. I was wondering about conduit, I think I'll go that way. Thanks for the picture and the link to the connectors.

Jay Jennings
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
I have been stoppin by Yuma Bargain warehouse for years when I do the Yuma County fair. I think I gave out that link some time back..Anyway they and PTM out of LA (Los Angeles) are pretty good..

Regarding the above posted picture. Here is just one minor change that I would do. Its simple, just create a banner, screen or whatever so that from the outside, folks have no comprehension or pre-conceived notion as to the size of the exhibit. Already folks know its a certain size because of the ten foot front---But hey, that's me--your mileage may vary. Heck, one year I walled off the exhibits with a ten foot plywood wall and cut peep holes in it---

My next project plans to be even more audacious and be-fitting the title of America's Smallest Travelling Museum.

I will clue you all in around the end of the year when the units are assembled and ready to go!

ciao

the professor
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
The screen is a good and logical suggestion, but Zibet Mastermind Doug Higley suggests a wide open front so parents have no qualms about letting Jr. go inside as they see everything from the outside. It's just a table and a box to look into. Nothing threatening.

Doug also suggests that most women do not like surprises either so you get more of them because they can see what they are getting into.

Another advantage is folks outside see their inside friends' reaction which peaks their curiosity as well. People inside often encourage their outside friends to come in sayiing "you gotta see this!"

And finally, in today's world everyone is in a hurry, they can see there is no time investment.

So for flea markets and small festivals or street fairs this simple setup works well for me.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Bill. For the Fleas, the 'plan' works as is for reasons stated.
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
When I do my Zibit at the flea market, I tell people who go in that they can take phone pix of the thing. They then show it to the people who didn't wanna spend the buck. Phone pix are really pretty bad, plus the sunlight washes out the pix. Makes 'em hard to see. So the pix pique the enterest of the others and they then wanna go see it. I've found allowing pix really makes a difference.

By the way, I have my signs EXACTLY as Doug recommends. But I do have a "story" rigged up on the wall of the EZ Up and the front of my fish tank, "telling" where the "thing" came from. Smile My fish tank is much bigger than Doug suggests because I got it for only $5 at a 2nd hand store. Its size has not really been a prob.

I do not bally, like David Walker does with his "Chupacabra" but I do answer questions and tell 'em they can read the "story" on the wall of the EZ Up. This "story" is 9 pages in page protectors stuck to the inside wall by Velcro. They can't really read it all from outside because the pages extend nearly to the rear wall. I figure it's one more way to make 'em wanna come inside

Jon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Alaskan Zibit! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL