The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Four by Daniel Madison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I just picked up Four by Daniel Madison today. I literally read through it just a couple of hours ago but thought it would be helpful to give you my first thoughts. I hope to do a more detailed review in the next few days.

First, I love the commentary by Daniel. Prior to most effects he talks in general about his approach to what he does. Some of it I found fascinating. If he just wrote about his style, his approach and his thoughts on magic (or sleight of hand) I would gladly purchase such a work. I wish there was more of this---nevertheless I think most of you will find his comments thought provoking.

As for the effects, I will probably use 2 or 3 of the ten effects described. Some of the effects involve slight of hand that I simply am not confident enough to attempt. Others involve effects that are not my style (poker effects, etc). A couple of effects look intriging. Stranger---four cards are placed face down on a table. The particpant is invited to cover any one card with their hand. The other 3 cards are turned over to reveal 3 aces--the covered card is a king. This effect is my style and has a lot of promise. I also like the look of 46. Particpant shuffles cards and particpant inserts the joker in the deck. The deck is cut and the particpant is asked to deal 46 cards face up quickly during which time the performer will memorize the cards. Once the 46 cards are dealt, the performer can name the 6 remaing cards that have not been dealt.

I rate the commentary as a 10. The effects are a mixed bag (which goes for all books and ebooks). Usually if one makes it as a "go to" effect, I am happy. I think that is possible here. If you like Daniel Madison, you will like this ebook. If you hate is previous stuff, you won't like this either. I am glad I bought it.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Daniel is a different guy (in a good way). I have really enjoyed his material and just performed "Angle Zero" yesterday. In my opinion, it is a near perfect effect (hey if David Berglas could do some magic, surely I can too). I am truly impressed with his ideas and routines. Thanks for the review.

Regards,

Sean
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Brehaut,

Where would I find Daniel's book for purchase? I don't remember seeing it on Lybrary.com, but then again, I get EASILY distracted there Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
http://www.danielmadison.co.uk

...by the way, the routine I mentioned is in another of his works (and DVDs). I do not yet own "four"; I am sure I will eventually so. I would highly recommend geeting his "Inside" special edition (if it is still available). It includes a physical book and the PDFs of each of the works, of which, it was comprised.

I hope that helps.

Sean
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1240 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
I also recommend his Anthology ebook compilation...in Inside the ebooks were "edited"
With Anthology you get them uncut...
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Yet another great ebook from the master of dark arts

I love the way he has gone back to his roots of crooked gambling....

Fair play

All the best

R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Four by Daniel Madison (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL