The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Etiquette Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hey Folks,

I'm just wondering what the correct etiquette is for this situation. I have an item for sale and a person stated "I'll take it, send me your PayPal address". I did but he has not read his pm since Friday morning. I have sent another pm as well and an email to him. No word yet.

The problem is, I have another great guy waiting patiently to buy this for a few days now. Do I continue to wait (maybe he's on vacation) and chance losing a sale? I also do not want to take the item away from the other guy either. OIY... what do you think?

Thanks so much!

Mike Smile
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Since it's weekend and holiday, if I were you, I would wait for another day or two. I'm sure the other great guy who is waiting patiently would understand this. Just tell him if nothing happen or heard by Tuesday from the first buyer, you will sell to him (the second buyer).

I think it's quite fair if we give buyers couple of days (a week usually, which is 7 to 8 days). Not everyone has the privilege to check the forum every 6 hours Smile Some even have to go out of town where they can't access their e-mail, forum, etc.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Unless a potential buyer specifically states that he might not make payment for a couple of days, I always specify that payment must arrive in X amount of time (usually 24 hours,) otherwise the item is off the table. That solves all problems and assures you won't lose a sale if you have a second interested party.

In this particular case, however, I would email him one more time asking for payment and then if it doesn't show up by tomorrow, I would let the second party have it. It is a Holiday weekend, so people might be busy but everyone should make an effort to check their PM's or emails once a day, especially if you have initiated a purchase offer.

Good luck
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2398 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Sell it now, to the other guy, he is willing to step up to the plate, unless buyer #1, stated he would be unavailable or expresses some kind of extenuating circumstance, this kind of thing happens. You could look to see if buyer #1 has had any post's since you PM'd him, if he has posted and not read his PM, then you could sell it to another person.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Thanks guys. I will wait as I never did give a pay by date. I'm pretty sure the other guy will come through but no payment by Tuesday then it makes sense to give it to the other person!

You're the best and thanks for the help. Smile
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Quote:
On 2010-07-04 15:44, dave wrote:
Sell it now, to the other guy, he is willing to step up to the plate, unless buyer #1, stated he would be unavailable or expresses some kind of extenuating circumstance, this kind of thing happens. You could look to see if buyer #1 has had any post's since you PM'd him, if he has posted and not read his PM, then you could sell it to another person.

GREAT idea! Thanks Dave. Nit sure why I didn't think that. Smile
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I checked it out and no posts since July 1. Obviously, he's on vacation.

Thanks again!

Mike Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Etiquette Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL