The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Relay for Life Advice. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
I have been asked to set up and run a booth at our local Relay For Life, an organization that raises funds to support the search for a cure for cancer. I was told that the ideal booth should raise as much money as possible for the cause through selling things or the like. Instantly to my mind I thought of carnival games and cons.

So I am looking for various games and rigs to set up to help with this cause. Due to the fact that any money put into these rigs will not be returned so they need to be cheap to set up. I also need a source of prizes if possible. Not something that I would need to buy in bulk but any ideas of something that is desirable as a prize is very interesting to me.

I already have a couple things in the works. I am making a punchboard and have a ball in milk can set up. I am just looking for the most effective way we can raise some cash with very little chance of losing any.

As always,
Dylan
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Dylan, our local Fraternal Order of Police set up some games for the people to play at our Relay for Life recently. We had many come in and attempt to scale an incline and ring the bell, balloon bust (similar to the water game with balloons) and a high striker. No prizes were awarded, they just attempted each of the games for a nominal fee. We also had other items for sale such as a revolving blue light, Crime Scene bubble gum, shirts, etc.

We came in second with the most raised during the event. Of course, we also had a concession stand selling hot dogs, chips, soda and other food. It is a task to get started and you will need the help of several people to make it a success. You will have to stop at times during certain ceremonial events that are going on, so that can hinder your booth during that time.

Best to you on this. We do this every year and it is a fun event. My dad died of this disease, so that is the reason I am at it.

Glenn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Relay for Life Advice. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL