The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Seeing my ass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
Everybody likes to sell something that's different and preferably one's own creation.
And so it came that I decided to make up my own pitchnumber, a trick with Jumbo cards made up for me in India.
Needless to say it's been a disaster............Im happy with the quality of the cards etc but unless youre busy doing something as the people pass you by, they aint gonna stop. Dismal sales as a result.

An expensive lesson, back to the drawing board. And only have myself to blame.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I have also tried to pitch different items like the Money Maker, Ball Vase and Buddha Papers. With the possible exception of the Money Paddle, which runs a distant third, nothing even came close to the Svengali Deck and the Magic Worm.

These two items are proven moneymakers and will likely continue to be so for quite some time to come. I don't know exactly this is so, but I do know that they attract attention easily, demo quickly (for those limited attention spans), pack small but play big, reset in a flash, and are inexpensive to stock and sell.

There probably are a few other magic tricks that would make good pitch material, but I don't have the time, patience or money to find out what they might be! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Most of you listen to everything my 30 years pitching have taught me that I teach on my DVD,except "don't try to pitch other magic or don't open up a magic shop".( even pitching stripper decks,that a few of you think would do good)I just don't understand this at all.Several of you have tried and you have all failed.WHY ????? Because it dosen't work!

DON'T TRY TO FIX IT IF IT AN'T BROKE...

Don
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
At my recent fair it has been so busy that I shortened my pitch by droping out the Svengali deck and thumb tip, the results have been great just pitching the floating card (aka float this), with the splat ball as a jam item. Doing it as a $20 package.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thumbs Tips shouldn't be pitched to the plubic in the first place.Its way too good a magic accessory for the plubic to know about.Some magicians just don't have any morals and will do anything to make a buck.Its kinda of sad don't you all think ?

"with the splat ball as a jam item" either you have no idea what the word jam means in the pitch world or you are even more discussing than I thought.Jamming kids...more than likely a bit of both.

Don
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Don't hold back, Don. Tell us what you REALLY think! Smile

Jon
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
Don,
We will once again agree to disagree.
Will
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of iugefu
There is no denying that floating card catches people's attention and makes them stop.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Seeing my ass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL