The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » For how long does a mentalist "own" their ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2267 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Entity responded:
Quote:
... I think that trying to cite earliest sources is a very useful exercise. It also avoids finger-pointing and accusations from more recent authors who claim ownership of a principle or idea, if you can show the earliest source in print.

Fair enough. I was trying more to suggest what I consider necessary, as opposed to what-might-be-a-good-idea-to-cover-your-butt-as-much-as-possible.

But I would far rather see overenthusiastic crediting than a complete lack of same, which unfortunately occurs all too often in our field!
"Calculated Thoughts" now available at The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27141 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Doug, the work in print item was about harm due to diminished sales when something is no longer only available in its original - a dilution of value.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » For how long does a mentalist "own" their ideas? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL