The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Altered States - Review Needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
What can you tell me about the effect "Altered States" by David Regal? Good? Bad?
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Hi there Mark,

if you perform for real people, go buy it

if you perform at your magic club...dont

oh BTW buy refills...

very highly recommended Smile Smile Smile Smile
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
If you have read the effect and it interests you then buy it! The reason I say that is that this effect is not for everyone, but I can tell you that it is not hard to do and it kills the lay audience!
Smile
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 85: Altered States – David Regal

AD:

An easy-to-do, offbeat card routine that never fails to impress. A card, selected from a blue-backed deck and signed across its face by a spectator is torn in half. One half is placed in a blue card box and the other in a red card box. The spectator's partial signature is on the face of both halves. The card boxes are shaken and the cards dumped out. The half that came out of the blue box still has a blue back, but the card out of the red box now has a red back. The two halves fit together and so do the two parts of the signature. Everything can be immediately examined and the two half-cards can be given to spectators as souvenirs.
Comes with a dozen custom Bicycle cards which were specially printed by the U.S. Playing Card Co. and four pages of clear instructions with 17 photographs. Can be repeated three times with different cards. Easy.

REVIEW:

Altered states… This brings back wonderful memories… This trick was part of a Christmas gift (“I liked the name”, she said). Amongst the thousands of books, videos and gimmicks commercially available, I had to receive a ******* card trick from Meir Yedid!!

Anyway, you get basic instructions for the effect described, a few specially printed Bicycle cards (half red, half blue) and the picture of Mr. Yedid smiling back at you.

Overall rating: useless card trick

H.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Harvey, have you actually performed this on a layperson?

Mr Regal performs and explains this on vol 2 of his Premise, Power and Participation series. It was the first time I'd seen this effect and while it won't fool magicians, it is clearly very strong for a lay audience. Regal also explains how to make the gimmicks yourself quite easily.
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
LoL that’s a good one Iain!

The original overall rating was “******* card trick”, but then I thought about our Grammar Host.

H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Altered States - Review Needed (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL