The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Enardo Color Changing Knives (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Is there a source for the old Enardo Color Changing Knives? Every magic store stocks the Empire brand black and white knives and run the copy that says they are identical to the old Enardo knives, but they aren't. Specifically the old Enardo knives had a 'mother-of-pearl' finish for the white side and the Empire knives are just plain white plastic. It's the 'mother-of-pearl' knives I'm looking for.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Joe Moggar supplies mother of pearl color changing knives
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5368 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Joe Mogar does indeed have the mother of pearl color changing knives. He can make them with "stag" or smooth plastic as the contrasting side.

The one feature that the old Enadro knives had that no other knife made has is that it has a gravety safety lock. If you didn't know about it you couldn't open the knife. It was often used for in card stab routine to add a bit of comedy. The spectator couldn't open the knife (that was a Billy McComb bit).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
An elegant contrast for mother of pearl is Ebony wood which is the hardest wood you can dream of: it has a dull aspect and no transparency which increase the contrast but also expresses that it's not some cheap stuff.

Just an opinion (and sorry for the misspelling in Joe Mogar's name)
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You want to be "WITH IT" ???

Forget CC KNIVES.

GET CHAD LONG'S COLOR CHANGING COMPUTER JUMP DRIVES.

Mine just arrived and they are beautifully made and a dream to handle.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
... and you can pass Chad Long's computer jump drives through the safety control at airports which you can no longer do with color changing knives
atkinsod
View Profile
Regular user
VA
174 Posts

Profile of atkinsod
Ah, but one day flash drives will be passe', while knives will always hold a place in a man's repertoire!

Not that I'm against Chad's great set, by the way, I'm thinking of ordering a set myself!
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
315 Posts

Profile of A.J.
How to find Chad Long's new offering? Is there a website?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Not to be rude... but google finds this...

http://www.chadlongmagic.com/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22891 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-07-08 16:45, Randwill wrote:
Is there a source for the old Enardo Color Changing Knives? Every magic store stocks the Empire brand black and white knives and run the copy that says they are identical to the old Enardo knives, but they aren't. Specifically the old Enardo knives had a 'mother-of-pearl' finish for the white side and the Empire knives are just plain white plastic. It's the 'mother-of-pearl' knives I'm looking for.

I own an original set of Enardo CC Knives and the Empire product is the same replication of the original. The Original did not have a mother of pearl type of effect on the what section. That was how my knives were as the 1958. These are the best handling cc knives for the effect, and just $10. What more can you need.

I think it was a man by the name of Sanderson that made a cc kivers with a carved finish and one of the sides could be removed. They were a 3 knife set.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8858 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Love Chad Long's version of this with jump drives. Now that's good thinking. Beautiful effect from a really good magician. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Loved it as well. I think it's a great idea opening a new potential for our old beloved color changing knives. Already exchanged emails with Chad about this to congratulate him and offered suggestions to enrich his idea further. How about all of us doing a bit of brainstorming and offering him our brainchildren to make his idea grow further faster...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I found it is super easy to do my roll down move published in Tarbell 7. Basically you have the drive crossways in you open hand and by lowering your hand the drive (used to be knife) rolls down rapidly toward your fingertips. With a bit of practice you learn to stop it so the same side, ex; black, shows at start and finish of roll. It goes so quick the red side is not noticed. When I showed to Dean Dill he said he did something like this in reverse.

The feel and texture of Chad's props make the paddle move soooo easy.

And the KICKER ENDING KILLED 'EM AT THE SHOPPE.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-07-15 04:15, wmhegbli wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-07-08 16:45, Randwill wrote:

The Enardo set may not have been mother of pearl at first but in the early 70's all the way too at least the early 80's those sets did indeed have white mother of pearl handles.

I own an original set of Enardo CC Knives and the Empire product is the same replication of the original. The Original did not have a mother of pearl type of effect on the what section. That was how my knives were as the 1958. These are the best handling cc knives for the effect, and just $10. What more can you need.

I think it was a man by the name of Sanderson that made a cc kivers with a carved finish and one of the sides could be removed. They were a 3 knife set.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Jose de la Torre had a knife side with a split between the contrasting colors (the ones on each side) for a visually progressive color change. Thus one side was red and the other one was white for three quarter of its length and white for the last quarter.

The cap on most jump drives allows to replicate this very easily simply by painting the cap (except for the edges) with the same color on both sides. Now if the part where the cap and the shaft of the jump drive join are at an steep angle (a few of them do), there are original moves to be found for a progressive color change: The small odd color of the cap can be initially hidden under the thumb which is then slid forward before performing the classic rotary paddle move.

Ask Chad for he may help you with this.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Good thinking "O" BTW books posted today.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Thanks Pete
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Enardo Color Changing Knives (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL