The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Ultimate Gig Case Series II (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
What do you get when you put a custom illusion builder and a full time performer together? The answer is: THE ULTIMATE GIG CASE SERIES II by Doug Ries and Todd McKinney.

Our tables make performing so easy! You'll never bend down to get another prop. You'll never walk behind the table to grab a prop. And you'll setup your show so quick it's crazy.

Check out http://www.toddmckinneypro.com for more information on the last case you'll ever buy.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
BTW: I'll be introducing these cases at this years KIDabra conference.
wonderbob
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of wonderbob
Where is it on your site I don't see it
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Neither do I.

Todd, I think you need to add a web designer to your little group Smile
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Profile of TravisRobertson
Here's the correct link:

http://www.toddmckinneyproducts.com/

It looks like he simply didn't type the complete url.
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Oooops...I gave you my main website.

Check out http://www.toddmckinneyproducts.com

Sorry about that!
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Todd,

I ordered an ultimate gig case, and here's my review...I love it!

I started performing with it over a month ago, and it's so much better than anything else I've every used. If you thought suitcase tables were great, this thing is even better! It's like a combination of the Laflin table and a suitcase table (but still even better!)

The table has a side table built into it, so you automatically have a side table, plus the performing surface that's on the main table. The performing surface on the main table can be used as a flat surface, or angled to become an easel.

Your props are kept closer to waist level, which means no more bending down to get stuff. Underneath, you have a ditch area which also has a shelf, so depending on your show needs, you can have a ditch area, an extra shelf, or both, like my case!

The greatest thing is how easy it is to setup/take down. If you're just taking a break, you just close the lid of the case, if you're all done, just close the lid, and take the upper part of table (this is hard to explain!) and put it back into the case. Throw in the legs, snap on the lid, and you're set to go!

I seriously recommend this prop to anyone who's doing lots of shows. It's a dream to work out of for birthday parties, schools, libraries, and I've even used mine at a fair! Because the case is higher than a suitcase table and has better casters, it rolls much easier!

The best thing about Todd's table?
* Very fast setup and take down!
* No more bending over to get stuff out of the suitcase table!
* Much easier to transport (two side handles, and it rolls

I am not associated with Todd or this table, but I've been telling everyone about it because I love it! I highly recommend it!

Kevin
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
That is one sweet looking gig case...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Wow! Thanks for the VERY kind words Kevin.

I am thrilled that you love the case so much. Everyone that has one loves it. It's hard
make folks understand how easy this case really makes performing. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Ooooooh. I love it.

I just need another 10K or so windfall ton drop in my lap so I can tell mty wife "honey Im spending another $500 on my hobby" Smile

It looks easily worth it and, were I even doing charity gigs more then I am now, Id get one in heart beat. I'm drooling over that well.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I realize that $599 is quite a bit of money for some to spend. This case is an investment! Rather than spending money of the latest and greatest magic trick to hit the market, this is an investment in how you transport and setup / pack up your show. They are not cheap by any means but they will last a lifetime.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Looks like a unique design. How much does it weight empty?
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
It's 44 lbs empty BUT wait...

A suitcase table has one handle in the middle that you have to pick it up with. Our case has ATA handles (one on each side) that are very heavy duty. With a handle on each side, it makes transporting very easy. Once you get it out of your car it will roll over virtually anything due to heavy duty casters. If you arrive at a show with lots of steps, no problem. Most folks will ask if you need help. In a situation like this, I ask for one man to lift one handle while I loft the other. Problem solved!

44 lbs. seems like a lot but when you see the way the case
is built and the materials that we use, you quickly understand why it's 44 lbs. After doing shows for 25 years, I have a bad back and one bad leg. This case literally makes
everything so mic easier.

I can fit 2 additional side tables, my sound system and my backdrop all in one trip with this case and it all sets up in under 5 minutes.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Todd,
You said it! It actually doesn't seem to weigh much more than my suitcase table, just a little more. But, being able to lift it with two hand (using the handles) out of my vehicle, that's what makes the difference. I've hurt my back too many times lifting my packed suitcase table out of the car or up the stairs. Now, I'm lifting it the right way, with two hands, instead of out to one side. The two handles is a BIG plus when it comes to lifting this thing.

In addition, I have to bend too far down to roll my suitcase table, so I end up carrying it sometimes. The gig case is higher, so I roll it much
more!

The $599 was an investment, but even my wife is trying to find ways to get another one (or two!) here in the next few weeks! For guys who perform lots of shows (birthdays, libraries, etc.) and have been working out of a suitcase table, this thing really is incredible! I still think one of the biggest pros about this case is not having to bend down in front of your audience to get props out, how unprofessional! I do bend down slightly to ditch them in the ultimate gig case, but not near as far!

Best Wishes!

Kevin
uncleperry
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of uncleperry
Todd,
Great case! The only complaint I've ever had with the Lefler style is the handle arrangement. I even built my own adaptation with handles on the side. The design looks great. Thanks for sharing.
'unc
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and that's usually good enough to make a decent living.
'unc.
ades888
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of ades888
Website not loading..is your server down or the URL still wrong? Tried Google and the same problem
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
It is working now...
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I have a used but in excellent condition case for sale. PM me if you are interested and I'll make you a deal.
MagicPS
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MagicPS
Todd, the first reviews are excellent, but is there a chance you could post a few more, better lit, pictures of the ultimate gig case II? The two that you have on the site are pretty dark and I can't really tell much about the physicality of the table.

Thanks.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I am limited at what I can put on the site as I don't want people trying to rip the case off by building one with cheaper material and trying to sell them. There are several magic dealers who are famous for ripping everyone off.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Ultimate Gig Case Series II (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL