The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Any news on the Trilby Connection DVDs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Ha! Can you get a date a little earlier then that?
HypnoDan
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of HypnoDan
I was going to comment on this as well. It can be heartening to a fledgling hypnotist to see even experienced hypnotists not getting the phenomena they want and soldiering on without faltering. A valuable lesson. Something else to notice (and I note that either Bobser or dmkraig reminded me of this at one point) is seeing the hypnotists actually instruct their subjects how to react to the phenomena ("you will be completely amazed that you can't move your feet" or "it will be hysterically funny when you realize you can't remember your name.")

Quote:
On 2010-11-09 11:48, Siddharta wrote:
You also see that some suggestions with some people are not working 100% and how the hypnotist handles this flawlessly.
Congratulations on this production.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
It is an important point Dan. Leave a response to chance and it can go astray. Point it in a general direction but allowing the space to express themselves and refining from there is the best way forward for me.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Just wanted to hop in here and let everyone know that I've received a replacement Bonus disc (my original one refused to play in my systems and players) and that I've also finished watching the disc last week. One word: BRILLIANT.

The Bonus disc works in two ways. The first and most obvious way it works as a teaching tool is that you get to watch the various performers perform a mini-show from introduction all the way through the full proper wake up. You'll see and learn how Anthony's approach which he taught originally from Reality is Plastic all the way to the current Trilby Connection works from start to finish multiple times via multiple styles of the various performers. There's no better way to learning something with as many nuances as hypnosis than to just see the experts perform it in real life and this is as close to real life that you will be able to study the material without going to a training course or finding a full on hypnosis show (which in the NY metro area of the USA, is not that easy of a task).

The second way that the material on the Bonus disc works is that you will see that hypnosis is not some super secret skill that works a 100% of the time. Anthony actually ends up with a "dud" of a subject in which at the end, doesn't get very far with the hypnosis. This is ABSOLUTELY GOLD. You'll learn from watching this that even if you get the least amount of responses you can still push forward and count it as a success. Basically that it's ok for one to not be able to take a performance as far as one had originally hoped. Anthony handled the situation quite well and I think many folks, especially the newbies and novice alike are going to be inspired from this,

Excellent job all around to the Head Hacking crew! From speaking to Kev while they were in NYC, there is plenty more to look forward to in the future!
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Yes indeed. A long time ago when I still thought that there must be some big secret to hypnosis that all the books, videos and people just were not disclosing, it was seeing a hypnotist from about 3 feet away not get the response he wanted. He 'put them under' again and deepened and reinforced the suggestion and it was a better response than the first time but not perfect. He repeated and reinforce yet again and finally got the response that the subject really couldn't remember the number 3.

This was a real Eureka! moment for me as this wasn't acting or playing along this was real and hypnosis exposed as not just some magic trick with a secret. It was something that you had to work on.

That one moment taught me more and set me in the right direction more than anything else ever did. It got me over that big area of doubt as to there being a secret that I didn't know and also taught me that results are variable and most importantly that you can fail and still carry on!

Watching a perfect show is very entertaining but teaches those beginning in hypnosis very little.

So well done Ant for not editing out the teaching process just to make a slick video.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Amit Badiani
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Amit Badiani
Hi Guys,

Glad you have all enjoyed watching the Trilby Connection DVD's and thank you for the reviews its been great reading them, on a extra note we have our last Trilby Connection Training Course for the year in Edinburgh on 11 & 12th December (Scotland) Be great to see you there. 2011 Dates are also available on the site now.

Many Thanks
Amit Badiani - Headhacking.
amit@headhacking.com
http://www.headhacking.com
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I am going to be there too and I'm looking forward to meeting up with some old friends and making new ones. I live about 90 mins north of Edinburgh and I can tell you it's bl**dy freezing up here. Bring long johns and whiskey. Anyone else from here going to be there?

Bob
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Colin McLeod is hosting it. Few old boys from Ireland are joining us too.

It is going to be a blast and a real pleasure sharing the ideas we have developed on our travels in the last few months with you Bob.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

dannyboy4
View Profile
New user
Canada
16 Posts

Profile of dannyboy4
Hey everyone,

Any idea of the shipping costs/time for a Canada order? I recently sparked an interest in hypnosis (predominantly impromptu style) and this box set seems to gear very well towards that!

~Dan

P.S.: The Euro to Canadian dollar exchange rate is outrageous Smile. Though I'm sure the information within the videos are priceless.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

HI dannyboy4

The post office here suggest 5 to 7 working days. Sometimes it takes 7 to 14 to get to Canada.

Either way your order will be processed within 24hrs if it comes through Head Hacking.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

MrPrestoHypno
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MrPrestoHypno
Still waiting and looking forward to my replacement of Trilby Connection DVDs Smile
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

PM'd you Mr P.
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

MrPrestoHypno
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MrPrestoHypno
Thanks
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I must say that this collecting is fabulous! I've only watched about an hour of the material, and I have learned so much (I had not known any before)! The lessons are fantastic and not too long. I think that this is a must have for any beginner.

-Mahucharn
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Refining and repeating a suggestion reaction off stage or for a lecture is okay but you couldn't do that in a real show. If you don't get the reaction you are looking for you haven't put the suggestion in properly, or checked whether they understood it, or you are not controlling the reaction.

In a real stage show we do that as well. But repeating a diuff routine isn't on sadly.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Many thanks Mahucharn. If you liked the first hour of Trilby Connection I guarantee you will love the rest. Stay in touch with any questions.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

HypnoDan
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of HypnoDan
Hi Anthony. Any word on the Headhacking forum?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Any news on the Trilby Connection DVDs? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL