The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Magic Podcasts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
I started to dabble in magic a few years ago, but left it behind when things got really busy. I am started to jump back into it and was wondering if anyone could suggest a few good magic related podcasts? Right now, I have started to listen to iTricks again.

A few years ago, I was a HUGE fan of Go Magic Go. However, I have found that they never came back after their hiatus after episode 96.

Also, is Street Magic Magazine still around under a different name?

Thanks.
- C
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
As you say, iTricks is still rolling along. There's also the Magic Newswire, which features a series of interviews as part of its "Spirit of Magic" podcast and then a conversational (as in very conversational) "This Week in Magic" series of long (as in very long) talks with a group of magicians hanging out and discussing the week's events.

There's also the Wizard Product Review, which is a video podcast that's short, punchy and entertaining. But yes, my two favorites are no longer here. GoMagicGo just drifted out of existence. Andrew and Keith never came back from the break they were taking, and they just let their forum die a slow death. (It's still up and still in its death throes.) You get the impression they just got tired of magic. The other podcast I really liked was Pepka and Scott Sullivan's "The Magic Lantern." Back episodes are still up on iTunes and reelsinmotion.tv. Those guys are still around, so here's hoping that they resume them some day.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I would also suggest the Magic Newswire...it's a good place to hear from the best of the best in the business. I'm not super crazy about the lengthy ads at the beginning of each podcast (I would spread them out if it were me,) but when you consider the site and the episodes are free, it's an excellent place for information and interviews.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
I loved GO MAGIC GO!!!!! By far my favorite! Aarron Fischers (Sorry to ruin the name) podcast is nice along with the magic Newswire. The majority of the rest that I have found just aren't that consistant with putting out solid material.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I also have a podcast called TSC Sessions..you can find it on my youtube channel enduremiller
JM
MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
I just started http://www.magicradionews.com It is still in the new phase so as we add segments and people it will grow.
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
Cool, thanks. I'll check it out.
- C
Eric Johnson
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Eric Johnson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Magic Podcasts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL