The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dolly Darko and the Theatre of Souls Released Today! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Nice, if I can talk Wayne into coming back by on his way home I'll take some pics of it set up in my magic room. I was very, very impressed with it and would LOVE to be able to see it in action!
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Mine will be here in June or there abouts.

Would love to see some pics of Dolly in your magic room Chad.
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
I received my Dolly yesterday. Stunning. So much care and attention to detail. I love having my very own spirit cabinet. The doll is horrible - in a very creepy way.
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
I received my Dolly yesterday. Stunning. So much care and attention to detail. I love having my very own spirit cabinet. The doll is horrible - in a very creepy way.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks for the pics RCP.Are those things included in the package? I see a ghost light,a chalkboard and a bell plus other little things.Are they working props? If so,then it's reall a lot of effects in one!
I am glad I ordered one! Now I just have to be patient and wait for june to arrived.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
The music box and the bell are the only "spirit items" that come with it. But I understand a tamborine and spirit slates may become available seperatly.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Necroloid is correct, sorry if I misled anyone. There are other items, not pictured, included that work behind the scenes.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Ok got it! Thanks for clearing up. I did ordered his Spirit Slates as well.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
Wow amazing pic's RCP! Terribly envious
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I had the opportunity to perform Dolly last night and it killed (pun intended). When I revealed Dolly after showing the video, one of the girls watching squealed. Also, when the spirit bell went off and I was 5 feet away, a couple girls jumped out of their seats. Let me tell you, this thing is spooky!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Spooky? Horrible? Creepy? Sure is. I was floored when I saw it and the reaction of the ladies during the performance was priceless.

Great job Wayne!

Mark. Smile
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Great feedback from the front line of magic! The response to Dolly has been amazing, the waiting list continues to grow!
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
More Dolly Darko feedback for you all -

"Excellent work man. It's a beautiful piece. A revolutionary improvement over the original Stewart creation but still so practical. And I really geeked out during the DVD. The thinking behind everything you presented is as cool as the prop itself. Very thorough but engaging. Honestly man, it was the first instructional magic video I've ever watched that I didn't fall asleep the first time through. Ever. You should be very proud of yourself. Thanks for this."
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Right on Dan, right on!!!

I look at the Dolly section of your website every single day in anticipation. You are breeding your own brand of seance nerds Smile
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I so hope this is still in production down the road when I have the funds saved up. Way too many cool things coming down the pipe that I miss out on. I had my eyes on the elite cuss cards and missed out on those. I think I need to set up a magic fund where I automatically set aside X amount of dollars a month for things like this.

Hopefully there will be enough advance notice of discontinuation.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Don't miss out on this one if you can help it. I have performed mine a hand full of times and every time it gets an unreal reaction. This really freaks people out. It is not just a spooky effect, we are talking nightmares!
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I do not think you have to worry. I believe that Dan will keep these available for a while.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Dolly Darko will continue to be produced as long as possible, there is lots planned for her including other additions to the family and 'toys'.

For those querying the perfomance of Dolly Darko at Doomsday I'm afraid that there is no video recording available asu I also revealed certain aspects of the method to the lucky few there.

The feedback has been unreal, I've been told it's probably the scariest effect there is and from you folk have been telling me I'm beginning to belive you're right!

Thanks again to everyone supporting Lebanon Circle.

Dan

Lebanon Circle
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
229 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
I tried to sell my soul to get one of these last night and when I woke up this morning there was a burned note on my pillow that read,

"Dear Douglas, As we appreciate your generous offer for your soul we feel (at this time) it is not worth more than the cost of a jelly filled donut. We will unfortunately have to pass on your soul and wish you more heart break and depression in the future."
Yours Truly,
Lou C. Fer

Now I'm really bummed!
Viano2
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Viano2
I was there at Doomsday. I am an old fart and an engineer. I have known of Dolly as she evolved. I was cyanical, because that is who I am. I was blown away. She was in a large room and I deliberately walk round to hear the sounds at a distance. This is the best prop of this type I have ever seen. She is very expensive. If she fiyts your show, she is wirht it (and more).

Viano
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dolly Darko and the Theatre of Souls Released Today! (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL