The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New mind magic website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
I'd welcome feedback on my new website on mind magic.

http://www.mindmagician.org

I have lots of stuff on the site, including interactive tricks, videos, illusions, games and guides.

I also have interactive training for Day for any Date, Knight's Tour, and Magic Square.

Just today I uploaded my latest interactive trick, "Psycho Detector" - specially for film buffs - and I would particularly welcome feedback on that (bug reports, usability, design and interface suggestions, etc.)

I hope it's OK to ask for this - I'm new to The Magic Café, and I had been warned not to post my own website address in posts, but it seems that this forum at least permits it.

Mike
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
It's hard to find a menu with so much Google Ad$ense...
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hello Michael:I have been using your trainer for Day for any Date for a while now.It really helps to keep me sharp.I love it.
Thanks.

Rich
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
A great info resource!
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Thanks Rich and insight. I'm glad you are finding it useful.

Quote:
On 2010-07-11 12:30, OnTiltSoon wrote:
It's hard to find a menu with so much Google Ad$ense...

I have tried to make the main menu pretty obvious, and as neat and simple to use as I can. I know that the Google ads can annoy some people, but they are, I think, easy to ignore, especially when you get used to the page design. As a 100% free-to-use website (I'm not selling anything) this is the way I prefer to help pay some of my hosting and development costs.

I am hoping to develop the site much further and if anyone has any ideas for the kind of thing that would be good to add, I'd like to hear from you (either here or by PM). As you will see, I particularly enjoy writing interactive web apps and any ideas for these would be welcome.

Mike
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Mike,

I also posted the message below in the Mentalist's Forum as I am not sure you monitor both of them.

Mike,
First off, thank you for sharing this website with us! I am enjoying it.

That being said, I am puzzled by the instruction steps to the Square Root Calculation System. Specifically Step 2, Paragraph 4. The results in your example and/or the way the paragraph is worded, indicates that the second sentence should be "more than" rather then "less than". Am I missing something?

Thanks again,
John
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Many thanks, John for pointing out this error!

I'm confused how I let this one slip through (though square roots are fiddly to explain). The page has been live for several months and no-one else had reported the error.

I have now corrected the instructions.

I'm glad you are enjoying the site - thanks.

Mike
s3rg3
View Profile
New user
Belgium
72 Posts

Profile of s3rg3
There is a lot of info on this site.

It should be password protected !

Rgds
Serge
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-07-12 14:05, s3rg3 wrote:
There is a lot of info on this site.

It should be password protected !

Rgds
Serge

Serge, I have posted a reply to this on the mentalism forum

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=15&7

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

I see that the thread on the mentalists forum has been taken down, so the link given above is now dead.

An update on the site - I have added a security key on my Ultimate Magic Square effect so that only those who can demonstrate a good knowledge of magic can access the tutorial.

I will consider doing this for some of the other material on the site.

Mike
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Even for a 100 free site, the website looks like a giant google ad sense. Ive never understood why people mention costs. As a web designer and magician I find it hard that cost really come into it. Time maybe, but cost? I maintain many sites on my server which is 129 per year! This includes unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth, unlimited domain add ons (which means I can host as many websites as I want) and just about every feature and more you could imagine with a company that been around for over 10 years (so no cheap webhost that going to disappear in a year).

If for some reason your cost is more then around a 150 bucks a year for a website, then your paying way to much. This is of course if your doing your website yourself ( which I wish magicians wouldnt do..it very rarely end up being a good design.)

also can I ask what you use to design the website as it really just looks like text on a white page... not a lot of structure or design.

If you need any help please just ask, and of course in case others havent seen I always have a magician special for $500 complete web page design and a year of free hosting.

Just so you know Im not giving advice just talking out my ***, here's my latest work. http://ravenmaddaze.com

No matter what the content on the site is very useful and I hope you keep it up!
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Michal,

Thanks for the thumbs up regarding content of the site. The content is the thing I am aiming for and is what, I think, most users are looking for. The format of the site suits the complex menu structure fairly well, though, when I have time, I will look into improving the look of the site.

Of course development and maintenance costs don't just mean web hosting charges (which are in the ball park you mention).

Mike
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Hey No problem just for me it was hard to go through all the content. As I said, ever want help Im more then glad to help (yes at no cost,when I offer my help!)

Keep it coming though,as you can see we all love the content!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New mind magic website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL