The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What was your first card trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
For me, it was a trick with the aces where you put them in different piles, cut a few times, and they appear in one stack. I'm not sure what it's called...I just call it the 4 Aces. I still use that trick...and it gets a lot of people suprisingly.
Bobbert
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
152 Posts

Profile of Bobbert
Something from Royal Road... I forget which one ahaha I think mine was a 4 ace as well actually!
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Deland's 2 Card Monte which was in a magic set I received as a child on Christmas many moons ago in the last millenium...

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Deland's 2 Card Monte which was in a magic set I received as a child on Christmas many moons ago in the last millenium...

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
mtoth2008
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of mtoth2008
A jumbo card trick similar to "FOOLED/FOOLED AGAIN" from a Christmas present magic set I received in the 1950s.

First store bought card trick: A Svengali Deck......I still have it 50+ years later.

Mike
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Do As I Do ...

And I still do it, albeit modified to delay the punch thus making it harder. As much as the principle behind this effect has been abused and exposed, somehow, it STILL amazes.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Sometimes we'd do it over and over again just to watch it come out right... Man, I was a dumb kid.
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
The first trick I ever learned was doing a Triumph of sorts, except the move was done behind your back, and there was no "mixing" of the cards, so it was really easy, lol.
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Do as I Do.

It was also the first card trick that I was able to adapt to my style of speaking.
In my own very unschooled and naive way, I "made it my own" all those many years ago.

And in such seemingly innocent moments, a life-time of passion is born.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17128 Posts

Profile of joseph
I believe it was Out of this World..That's the one that hooked me...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Dewmz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Dewmz
I'm not even sure my first card trick has a name.. or was even a card trick. Someone picked a card.. then the magician put the cards behind his back, and flipped over the bottom card, and rotated the deck. The spec put the card back, magician went behind his back and returned it to normal.. to show he found the spectators card behind his back and turned it face up in the deck o.O
MrBadGuy
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of MrBadGuy
Mine was Sam the Bellhop and Reformation. I started the wrong way and had to work backwards to the simpler stuff. But that's ok, I guess. It was like running with weights on.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-07-24 16:43, MrBadGuy wrote:
Mine was Sam the Bellhop and Reformation. I started the wrong way and had to work backwards to the simpler stuff. But that's ok, I guess. It was like running with weights on.

Keep running.
We have all prematurely embraced foolhardy yet utterly worthy challenges like these!
Onwards, MrBadGuy!
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
MrBadGuy
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of MrBadGuy
Cheers, panlives! This was years and years ago. So I'm all caught up now, haha. But yeah, I was the kid who could perform Sam and Reformation flawlessly but you could still have fooled me with a DL or a stripper deck at that time. Good times!
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
My Uncle taught me my first trick which had something in it where the spec got to pick whether the magician would slap, chop or pound his chosen card through the table. When asking the question the demonstration of the slap was used to secretly put another on top of the chosen.
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
543 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
That's funny nlokers. My Grade 11 Chemistry teacher did the same effect and we all had no clue.
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
543 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
My oldest brother showed me a trick that involved the Plunger Principle. I still remember it to this day (but do not perform it)
PostalElf
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of PostalElf
Man, did nobody else learn the Key Card trick as a child? That's one of the first tricks I learnt, and I quickly developed it into a number of different reveals to hide the fact that I was constantly using the same method to perform "different tricks". From putting three cards into three piles and Magician Forcing their selected card on them, to flipping the key card and spreading it so that it would count backwards to their selected card, and so on.
danmarimba123
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of danmarimba123
Not sure what its called - secretly turn the bottom card over, have the spec select a card, return to the deck, TAH DAH their card is turned over in the deck....
signal2noise
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of signal2noise
Quote:
On 2010-10-02 20:46, danmarimba123 wrote:
Not sure what its called - secretly turn the bottom card over, have the spec select a card, return to the deck, TAH DAH their card is turned over in the deck....

Mine was either this one, or the one where one thumbed through the deck asking the spectator to say "when" to stop and show the card at the break, then controlling the card (badly) to the bottom of the deck. The thumbing through the deck was repeated and when the spectator said to stop again the bottom card was pulled with the top packet to reveal that they had stopped at the same card.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What was your first card trick? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL