The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Have you ever used GREED this way... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I was curious if anyone had made up Greed so that the dollar bill
changes into different international currencies, instead of other US bills?
And of course altered the ending with the 50 cent piece and the
"don't get greedy line".

If you have, how did it play for you.?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Greed. Are you referring to the effect by Jay Sankey?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I'm thinking its the Danny Garcia trick where a $1 turns into a $5 into a $10 into a $20 then into a 50 cents... (I may be wrong!).

Regarding the OP, no, but I have been thinking of other possibilities as I am in the UK. The US green, same size currency helps a lot with the gimmick.
Charlie
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I think I know what you mean but I have Foriegn Exchange that does that already... I believe Greg Wilson released it...
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Greed is by Daniel Garcia.
Sammy J. Teague
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2010-07-28 22:59, Sammy J. wrote:
Greed is by Daniel Garcia.

No no I know that I was refering to the original topic, I was telling him that I think what he was thinking about doing with greed is similar to Greg Wilsons Foreign Exchange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kusUcKW_CB8

Sorry Affair.
Jboeskin
View Profile
New user
Yuma, AZ
81 Posts

Profile of Jboeskin
Yeah Paisa I see what you mean. Doing greed with foreign currency would have the same sort of effect as foreign exchange. Except you end up with less money (50 cent peice) than what you started out with as opposed to more in foreign exchange. If anyone has tried it please let us know how it went Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I can see that, also you can talk aboutthe value of a dollar in refrence to other countries, but when you come back and exchange it back to us currency the value might just be a bit lower....
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Yes I was referring to Garcia's Greed.

I have and do Wilson's Foreign Exchange.

My thought with the Greed approach is that you would see more of the foreign
currencies as they changed. And because of how the gimmick is made it wouldn't
matter if the bills you use to make it are different sizes.

Paisa23, good thought on the US currency being less. Bad exchange rate.

I've been buying some different foreign bills on Ebay and plan to give this a try.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Jboeskin
View Profile
New user
Yuma, AZ
81 Posts

Profile of Jboeskin
Paisa, yeah I didn't even think of that! I'm starting to like this more and more. I live pretty close to the border of Mexico and deal with exchange rates occasionally, I think it would be interesting to use it in this manner Smile Good luck with it motown... I think I will too!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
David Acer has a routine where a bill changes to other currencies.
It's called Around the World in $80 and is worth checking out.
– Karl Germain
Jboeskin
View Profile
New user
Yuma, AZ
81 Posts

Profile of Jboeskin
I tried to find a video preview of the David Acer routine you mentioned, motown, but I could not find it
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Jboeskin,

I don't know if there's a Youtube video. The routine can be found in Natural Selections book and his Extreme Close-up DVD, both of wich I have. He uses a more traditional bill switch approach.

Craig
– Karl Germain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm gonna check it out. I love all of Danny's stuff.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jboeskin
View Profile
New user
Yuma, AZ
81 Posts

Profile of Jboeskin
Oh ok, thanks a lot motown I will look into It!
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Slightly off-topic here, but talking about foreign-bill-switch-approach, have a look at the "professional repertoire of Etienne Pradier" DVD set (is that the exact name?).
He displays a bill, ask for a destination, and he changes it to the bill that match the required destination.

Jonathan.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Jonathan how's Berlin?

That's interesting about Eteinne's routine. In the October 2004 issue of Magic, Jorg Alexander has a routine called The Bill Change Challenge in the Flicking Fingers column. His idea is some what similar.
It's based on the idea of someone having an obscure bill and asking you to change it as a challenge after you've done a normal bill switch.

I'll have to check that one out. Thanks!

Craig
– Karl Germain
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
This is nice idea to use different currencies for the Greed. In my country the smallest bill nominal is 10 so it makes it quite expensive to create a gimmick and using different currencies solved this problem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Have you ever used GREED this way... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL