We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for downloads (legal) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

konradz
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of konradz
Hi all,
I've been really out of magic for a while, being a full time student and working at the same time. I was hoping to pick it up a little bit. I am looking for a good source of magic related downloads (for purchase). I'm looking for downloads of a single "thing" (trick, sleight, flourish, etc.) not a DVD download.
Sorry that I'm being vague, I'm still nto sure what I want exactly. I just want to look through some stuff and start practising without being overwhelmed by a full book/DVD.
minusthebear
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of minusthebear
PenguinMagic.com has some stuff for sale that you might like. It has single downloads, as well as DVD downloads. I believe Sankey Magic has some stuff too. A trick that's really cool(imo) is Clutch by Oz Pearlman though it's expensive for one trick, it's really good and something that even I can perform and I've only been in magic for like a month.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Konradz,

Take thy mouse device to this land of wonder: http://www.peterduffie.com

See thou the menu on the left of the digital parchment inscribed with the words Free Trick? Clicketh it I say to thee scoundrel!! Returneth hence to the front page and lookest thou with wonder at the words Trick Archive. Thou shouldst clicketh upon it as thou would caress the cheek of a maiden faire. Therein shalt thou find MANY treasure to slake thy thirst for the arcane.

*Ahem...

Okay, ALSO, check out http://www.full52.com

That is Dave Forrest's site and you will find VERY strong free magic there.

Now, on each of those sites are GREAT downloads for mere pennies.

Also, check out Cameron Francis' web site for PILES of GREAT e-books and DVDs.

Aldo Colombini has TONS of stuff at his site, and the BEST part? EVERY item is 10.00 USD!!

The redoubtable ne'er do well Scott Guinn has TREASURES just waiting for you too!!

Now we come to nirvana Smile

THIS ONE has killed my bank account: http://www.lybrary.com

Chris Wasshuber has an insane amount of great literature for sale there.

Todd Karr's Miracle Factory also has some killer downloads as well.

So, while Penguin IS cool, the sites and magicians I have mentioned above have LIFETIMES of material for you to purchase, download, and study!

I am a graduate student, a magician, artist, and musician, so I feel your pain brother.

Go to these sites and be happy Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Peter Nardi has some free downloads at alakazam.co.uk. I believe you need to sign up to his mail list to access them.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
octave
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of octave
You can check Theory11, Vanishinginc and Penguin for downloads. But do not be overwhelmed by a Book. Just start by practising one sleight/trick.

-octave
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-07-13 21:06, Vick wrote:
One down load $5 to $20 for one effect

any volume of Tarbell $20 to $30 HUNDREDS OF EFFECTS

What is the better investment?

Vick,

While I agree to an extent with your assertion, consider this (and bear in mind I have a very large working library and prefer hard bound books):

One of the BEST investments I have ever made in magic - which at this point I am guessing is out of the OP's range financially, is the digital Sphinx. Finding complete print runs of this is virtually impossible. Yet, now I have access to one of THE most important journals in magic.

From Peter Duffie, two wonderful e-books that spring to mind are Mind Blasters and Mind Blasters II. Both affordable and both JAMMED with VERY hard hitting material. What's more, these are not available in any other format.

I DO agree in MOST cases that a one trick pony DVD is NOT the wisest way to go. There are a few exceptions. This year I bought Hole Surprise. It is one of the most beautiful moving hole effects I have ever seen. I do not regret buying it.

Ahh but books!! I LOVE THEM. And yes, Tarbell SHOULD be in EVERY magician's library. I would also include Apocalypse, Greater Magic, AoA, The Card Magic of Nick Trost, and thousands of others.

Books, whether they be hard copy or digital provide the best bang for the buck. I hope the OP will turn or return to books.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for downloads (legal) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL