The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Alakazam! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SilvaAce
View Profile
Regular user
Fargo, ND
156 Posts

Profile of SilvaAce
I just had one of the greatest sponge ball experiences ever!
Last Friday I showed three kids a quick sponge routine. I live in Fargo, North Dakota, and it is one of the biggest relocations for New Americans. Anyway, the three kids were from somewhere in Africa, and spoke very little english.

They had caught the end(cups & balls) of my 20 min. show. So as I was putting away my stuff they came over and asked if I could do the trick(cups & balls)for them again. They kept asking me if the balls really didn't fit inside the cups!

So instead of showing them the cups & balls, I whipped out some of the sponge balls. I handed the boys some magic wands and told them if they say "Alakazam" that the balls would do some tricks. Their eyes lit up when they started seeing the balls jump from my hand into thiers. I even made some come out of their shoes. They could not believe it!!!

The little dudes then told me that they had never seen magic. NONE!
One of them even thought that the wand was where the magic was coming from. He started waving it over everything saying "ALAKAZAM,ALAKAZAM"!!!

I am really glad my wife got this on video, because it made me remember the sheer wonder of what magic can have on people.

Short video clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8LG3MB6zVE
All you have to do to change your life, is to change your daily habits!

Carlos Silva
adamferrucci
View Profile
Regular user
Newfield, NJ
169 Posts

Profile of adamferrucci
I think you just summed up the reason most of us like performing magic in that video.
Thanks for sharing that video.
Making Birthdays Magical!
www.adamferrucci.com

www.adamsmagicstore.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
These boys will remember you forever. Bravo! Thanks for taking the time to bring a bit of magic into their lives and for sharing this.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
That was great,
Thanks gor sharing it

Don
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Great clip!

Jim
SilvaAce
View Profile
Regular user
Fargo, ND
156 Posts

Profile of SilvaAce
Quote:
On 2010-07-15 07:05, adamferrucci wrote:
I think you just summed up the reason most of us like performing magic in that video.
Thanks for sharing that video.

Thanks guys for your comments!

What made this so unforgetable for me, was the rawness of it. These kids had no idea what magic was, I had to teach them how to say Alakazam! They spoke a little bit of english, but were having trouble understanding me sometimes. This is why if you listen closely you can hear me say "Ok watch this" so often. Very few words were needed, it was all visual.

I had just done a 20 min. show for about 40 people(great crowd to) but the magic I did for these kids was the highlight of my day! We spent about 15 minutes together. My wife only recorded about 4 minutes of it. The magic was basic, but their reactions were priceless.

I will never forget these little dudes!
All you have to do to change your life, is to change your daily habits!

Carlos Silva
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Alakazam! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL