The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from San Diego (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jovar
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Jovar
Just checking out the Café.

I'm just a hobbyist and I've been studying magic, off and on, for a couple of years. Lack of focus has kept me from really excelling.

Currently I'm just working on a simple card routine. I think focusing on only a few tricks and practicing the whole routine have really been paying off.

I still get the itch to learn new stuff and recently purchased the TUC. Very cool gaffed coin.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Jovar,

I used to live in San Diego, I really miss the weather and family as well. Lots of good Magicians in San Diego.

Visit the Time after Time Forum towards the bottom. It's a forum about practice.

Simple Card routines can have great impact if performed well.

- Mary Mowder
WadBolf
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of WadBolf
Quote:
On 2010-07-15 01:13, Jovar wrote:
Just checking out the Café.

I'm just a hobbyist and I've been studying magic, off and on, for a couple of years. Lack of focus has kept me from really excelling.

Currently I'm just working on a simple card routine. I think focusing on only a few tricks and practicing the whole routine have really been paying off.

I still get the itch to learn new stuff and recently purchased the TUC. Very cool gaffed coin.

Hia Jovar from another new forum member (That's me that is),

I like your ethos that practising a whole routine to perfection is a very good thing. I also think that (especially for card magic) practising not only a routine, but individual elements such as shuffles, cuts etc will stand you in good stead as this helps you to think on your feet. What I do is keep practising things like false shuffles, double lifts and card control while watching TV or when bored, it really helps you to become fluent and you end up automatically doing things without having to think about it, leaving the brain to work on the routine.

Anyway I digress, WELCOME to the forums Smile

TTFN,
Clare.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi from San Diego (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL