We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blue Dragon announces the launch of their all new flash paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
The USPS is not Fed-ex Steve. (Thank god). Now, I realize that Fed-ex only employs the less educated that USPS will not take... But as you said, Ignorance is no excuse.

Please show me the regulation that specifically says that "Flash Paper" or "Nitrocellulose" is not allowed to be shipped by USPS. Not Fed-ex... USPS. USPS has a list of goods that can not be shipped using their service. Please show me where on that list "Flash paper" is listed.

Yes I've seen the list at the post office. I don't see flash paper anywhere on it. And I don't see a "Picture" of flash paper anywhere on it.

Whatever you think I guess. I'll choose to believe the people who actually ship the stuff everyday. One of which was kind enough to reply to an e-mail when I inquired about this subject. I did post that reply here but perhaps part of your head was blocking the screen or something and you did not see it.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Quote:
On 2010-07-20 21:31, daffydoug wrote:
Great idea who's time has come! And maybe in the future you will offer green, red and other colors?

We can supply normal red, green, blue, yellow and black coloured flash paper and we'll also be bringing out cheap flash pad's too soon Smile

Neil.
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
It could be nice to see demo wideo with this new paper.
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 15:23, iluzjonista wrote:
It could be nice to see demo wideo with this new paper.

Sure, we'll upload some video's of our new product's in action in the up and comming week's Smile

Neil.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Voldemort,

Don't know what you do for a living, but knowledge of such matters are my job. Also, it took 15 seconds to find the listing under "Hazard Classes" where the restricted items and materials are listed on the http://www.usps.com website. Also, since you know everything, you already know that LOTS of postal mail ends up in FedEx hands.

http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub52/pub52c3_010.htm

Nitrocellulose is a 4.1 Flammable Solid, just like matches. Guess you didn't have time to actually check.

Steve
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Quote:
On 2010-07-28 18:47, Stevethomas wrote:
Voldemort,

Don't know what you do for a living, but knowledge of such matters are my job. Also, it took 15 seconds to find the listing under "Hazard Classes" where the restricted items and materials are listed on the http://www.usps.com website. Also, since you know everything, you already know that LOTS of postal mail ends up in FedEx hands.

http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub52/pub52c3_010.htm

Nitrocellulose is a 4.1 Flammable Solid, just like matches. Guess you didn't have time to actually check.

Steve

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your post Smile
Just to clarify, are you saying that we can't ship our flash product's to the State's? We alway's ship our flash paper in a wet state and it's impossible for our flash paper to ignite whilst in transit, please let us know asap Smile Also, if this is prohibited in the US, then how are magic dealer's over there getting away with it?
Neil.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
People do it the same way people do lots of things that are illegal or grey areas of the law. They don't get caught doing it. With most things, that's not a problem, but in these days of higher security, being caught shipping prohibited things carries a large fine. You (dealers) might ship it fine. Ask Voldemort on the correct shipping procedures. He might know. Seriously, just give the postal service a call and inquire about it. There may be a loophole that permits this to be shipped in a wet state as ORM (Other Regulated Material) C or D.

Steve
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Quote:
On 2010-07-29 05:26, Stevethomas wrote:
People do it the same way people do lots of things that are illegal or grey areas of the law. They don't get caught doing it. With most things, that's not a problem, but in these days of higher security, being caught shipping prohibited things carries a large fine. You (dealers) might ship it fine. Ask Voldemort on the correct shipping procedures. He might know. Seriously, just give the postal service a call and inquire about it. There may be a loophole that permits this to be shipped in a wet state as ORM (Other Regulated Material) C or D.

Steve

OK, thanks Steve Smile
Neil.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Steve,

Stick to Fed-ex.

It says nothing about Nitrocellulose on that site. Please show me the name "Nitrocellulose". Matches are also shipped by USPS on a daily bases. I know you see, because I've gotten them delivered to me when I was looking for a white matchbook to go with the effect "Lit".

Neil,

Magic dealers ship it because they know they CAN ship it in the US by USPS. They do it every day and if there were a problem in doing so, You would think they they simply would not do it at all instead of facing fines and such as Steve says they can be hit with for shipping it. Steve does NOT ship it. Steve Does not work for the USPS and Steve likes to think he knows everything about it because he works for Fed-ex. Fed-ex is not the USPS so I would recommend talking to someone who actually knows about it. Like someone at the USPS.

I CAN tell you that I get it shipped to me quite often and so do many others. In a previous post I also shared a reply from the shop I order mine from when I inquired about the subject. They CLEARLY state that they can ship it and do. I would think that they have inquired about the matter instead of just shipping it out without knowing what they are doing.

In short, Don't listen to me and defiantly don't listen to a guy whose trying to prove that he knows more than he actually does just because hes a grunt at Fed-ex. If nothing else, call around to various magic shops that sell and ship flash paper and ask them their opinion.

Here is another company, Non-magic this time that also ships flash paper. http://www.skylighter.com/mall/special_effects.asp

Look down the page and you will see all sorts of flash products that can be shipped and it says so expressly.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I don't come to your job and tell you which side of the patty to put the cheese on. Listen to Voldemort. He knows. Nitrocellulose is a 4.1 flammable solid, which is listed in the prohibited list.

Steve
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Steve,
That is exactly what you are doing.
You are not some post office policeman. Just go to work and mind your own business.
We will continue to order flashpaper wet and light it and have fun.
Actually, you make me want to buy tons more.
James

Quote:
On 2010-07-30 00:48, Stevethomas wrote:
I don't come to your job and tell you which side of the patty to put the cheese on. Listen to Voldemort. He knows. Nitrocellulose is a 4.1 flammable solid, which is listed in the prohibited list.

Steve
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
"Actually, you make me want to buy tons more."

Great! We do offer big discount's on larger order's Smile

Neil.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2010-07-30 00:48, Stevethomas wrote:
I don't come to your job and tell you which side of the patty to put the cheese on. Listen to Voldemort. He knows. Nitrocellulose is a 4.1 flammable solid, which is listed in the prohibited list.

Steve


Well Steve,

Some more prominent than others I guess. If you would like to compare jobs and incomes, Just let me know.

By the way, I'm not telling you YOUR job. I'm talking about the USPS. Not Fed-ex. You know, The USPS... The place that you wish you worked. I never said anything about the sorry organization known as Fed-ex. So I'm not telling you your job. I'm telling you how it is outside your little world.

Speaking of which. One of the members here has been with the USPS for over 30 years. I shot him a PM about this and got this response:

"I really think it is a non issue. The only time shipping anything may possibly be of any concern is when you must declare what is in the package, which is very rare unless you are shipping overseas. I would definitely say that it is NOT illegal to ship flash paper via USPS".

So there you go. Straight from someone who actually works for the USPS.

Go get 'um Steve.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3007 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Guys - let's try to get this thread back to discussing "blue" flash paper. The creator deserves a little focus, here.

So, are the shipping regulations different for blue flash paper?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2010-08-05 11:05, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:

So, are the shipping regulations different for blue flash paper?


Yes, Blue, Red and yellow all have separate classifications... At Fed-ex.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
This is a really cool product.
Now if you can just talk your associates into making some blue flame cotton for my Viper.

I will be in heaven.

Great stuff.

Nicholas
The world we live in is even a greater illusion than magic.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I would postulate that flash paper in a wet state is, in fact, not a flammable solid at all.

In a wet state, it's actually, and utterly impossible to get said flash paper to ignite under any circumstances.

Remembering (as I'm sure we all do) that flash paper simply burns (it doesn't explode), if you remove the ability for it to burn, then you have nothing more than wet paper.

Actually, the envelope it's mailed in is actually 100% more a flammable solid than the wet flash paper it might contain.
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
Quote:
On 2010-08-07 14:11, silverking wrote:
I would postulate that flash paper in a wet state is, in fact, not a flammable solid at all.

In a wet state, it's actually, and utterly impossible to get said flash paper to ignite under any circumstances.

Remembering (as I'm sure we all do) that flash paper simply burns (it doesn't explode), if you remove the ability for it to burn, then you have nothing more than wet paper.

Actually, the envelope it's mailed in is actually 100% more a flammable solid than the wet flash paper it might contain.

I 100% agree with this.

We will push to get the blue flames flash cotton, I can't see it being impossible but we'll see Smile

By the way, we're getting our shipment into the United Kingdom hopefully by next Thursday - Friday of next week and we'll be shipping the pack's out within 24hrs.

Kind regards,

Neil.
bluedragon
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of bluedragon
A few of you have been in touch recently regarding the shipment of flash paper product's to the US. We'll soon be advising whether or not we'll be able to ship to the US, we'll let you know asap. On the other hand, we can say that UK customer's are welcome to place an order.

Thank you,

Neil.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
What about your "postulation" about the fingers becoming too muscular from hypertrophy when using the steel deck trainer?

You need to know there are no muscles in the fingers, only tendons. The fingers are controlled by muscles in the palm and forearm. No way a tiny steel deck could hypertrophy the palm or forearm. NOT POSSIBLE.

I use this example only to show that you rarely base your posts on facts, only armchair "postulations"
James


Quote:
On 2010-08-07 14:11, silverking wrote:
I would postulate that flash paper in a wet state is, in fact, not a flammable solid at all.

In a wet state, it's actually, and utterly impossible to get said flash paper to ignite under any circumstances.

Remembering (as I'm sure we all do) that flash paper simply burns (it doesn't explode), if you remove the ability for it to burn, then you have nothing more than wet paper.

Actually, the envelope it's mailed in is actually 100% more a flammable solid than the wet flash paper it might contain.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blue Dragon announces the launch of their all new flash paper (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL