The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Ace Assembly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dai Hard
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Dai Hard
The plot I'm working on:

-Aces are produced one at a time and seen front and back
-The standard 3 cards are dealt onto each Ace
-The 3 cards for the "leader" Ace are turned FACE UP and covered by the Ace
-The other three Aces are changed to indifferent cards as per most handlings
-The "leader" Ace packet is slowly spread on the table using only one finger. The 3 cards under the leader are now the other three Aces. All are shown front and back, then casually dropped on the table.
-A minor touch for anyone actually paying attention, the 3 indifferent cards originally dealt with the leader Ace are the same indifferent cards that appear in place of the other Aces as they vanish; a true transposition.
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27060 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
? and the use of a few double faced cards and double stick tape just does not get the job done for you?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2010-07-18 23:12, Dai Hard wrote:
[...]
-A minor touch for anyone actually paying attention, the 3 indifferent cards originally dealt with the leader Ace are the same indifferent cards that appear in place of the other Aces as they vanish; a true transposition.

As you know, I've watched your version of the Ace Assembly plot. As it turns out, I also tend to be "actually paying attention".

It would only be a "true transposition" if the card that each Ace apparently turns into matched the original leader-pack "X" cards - which is not the case. In your handling the "X" cards from the leader pack match the card faces adjacent (so to speak) to each Ace, but those are not the "X" cards the Aces apparently become (or transpose with).

For example, in the last Ace vanish (Ace-of-diamonds), the "X" card apparently changes into the 8-of-hearts. However, in the leader pack the only red "X" card is the 7-of-hearts - the "X" card that is actually "adjacent" to the Ace-of-diamonds.

I know- details, details... perhaps I pay attention a little more closely than you would prefer.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Dai Hard
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Dai Hard
You know what, you're absolutely right. I retract the statement.
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2010-07-22 19:15, Dai Hard wrote:
You know what, you're absolutely right. I retract the statement.

Better yet, change your duplicates and retain the fine point you favored to begin with.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Ace Assembly (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL