The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves In Washington/Oregon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
Hi there guys. I have been in the process of trying to get doves for a LONG TIME! I was supposed to get some last friday specially delivered from Conneticut but a few things went wrong and didn't work out. I live near Portland, OR and I thought with all the people on this forum that at least one of you has to raise doves in my general area. If any of you guys in Washington or Oregon raise doves I would be very interested in talking to you. Thanks a lot!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5075 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Brian, I don't know of anyone in the Oregon area that raises doves but you may want to check out the American Dove Association on the net. They have a listing of all breeders across the US. I've shipped doves all over the US however right now, I don't have any available.
Where the magic begins
Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
Thanks Dave, I did a web search and sent someone in the association an e-mail. I Appreciate it!
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
Hermiston, Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
I don't know if you have already found a dove breeder or not, but I do still have a few suggestions.

Don't just look for DOVE breeders! Try and find some pigeon breeders as well, they may also breed doves. If you would like, I could talk to a friend of mine and see what she can turn up. She has dozens (and I'm willing to even say hundreds) of pigeons. She's also a member of a local pigeon club, and I'm fairly certain she could find someone for you. (And we live in Oregon, but on the other side of the state -- near Pendleton).

Also, you might want to try and get a hold of some local 4-H groups in your area. A lot of 4-H groups may be able to help you find some birds, as they show pigeons and doves. If you need any help with that, I can help you there too, as I am in 4-H.

So, if you would like me to see what I can do, just send me an e-mail at: Ripley877@aol.com

Ty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves In Washington/Oregon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL