The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Suggestions for Magic in New York - September 2010 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

midnight
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of midnight
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I will be in an Upper East Side apartment in New York from 2 Sep to 7 Sep 2010 and I'd really like to make the most of our short stay by getting to a live magic event.

We're actually travelling from the southern hemisphere and I don't know when we're going to be back to New York, if ever.

I am interested in mentalism - a huge fan of Derren Brown. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a typically "New York" magic experience that we won't forget?

A quick google search suggested that Sam Eaton's Quantum Eye might be a good candidate. Secondary to catching a show, I am hoping to head into one of the magic shops to pick up a few books as I'm an avid reader.

Thanks in advance,

Midnight
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Monday Night Magic at the Sullivan Theater.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
I second the recommend for Monday Night Magic...

Ken
midnight
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of midnight
Thanks for the pointers guys we'll definitely check it out. It sounds, from reading the MNM site, like it was previously at the Sullivan Theatre but has now moved to the Bleecker Street Theatre.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Yup...Bleecker Street Theater...went last month when I was in NYC....on a Monday night...
Heres Tony
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando
259 Posts

Profile of Heres Tony
Monday Night Magic for sure and Magical Nights which is also produced by Michael Chaut and runs on Sunday nights.

Visit:
http://www.magicalnights.com
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I'd go to Steve Cohen's "Chamber Magic" show at the Waldorf, for which you need to reserve tickets in advance. Not so much mentalism, but definitely something unique to New York.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Suggestions for Magic in New York - September 2010 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL