The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » (Trade Shows) how to weave the message into the performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

toddplaster
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of toddplaster
First I would like to say in advance thanks to all my magician friends for all your patronage! My name is Todd Plaster and many of you know me for the high quality jumbo coins and other products I make.

I currently live in China and have been here for several years as some of you may know. As well as producing magic product I also perform. I am currently making a move into the tradeshow industry of China and have a few questions. Before I state my question I would like to let you know I have done my due diligence and have purchased much material i.e. ( Seth Kramer¡¯s trade show hand book ) on this subject. What I am trying to say is that I am not just asking for you to hand it over to me without having done any leg work what-so-ever!

My questions are;

1.How do you weave in the company¡¯s message into the performance?

2.Are there some examples I can see anywhere?

3.What are some of the tricks being used?

4.Can anybody introduce me to someone who might be able to help me?

5.Any tips or advice that you may have that I would not have picked up from existing materials Such as those I have previously mentioned?

6.The company produces heavy equipment machinery for road construction, mining etc.
One of the items they would like me to intro is the (teeth) on one of their machines. Imagine a giant rolling pin with metal cones protruding out all over. Apparently these (teeth)are the strongest and best quality in the whole industry.

Any ideas on tricks I could use to present this and how I might weave in the message?

Again, as I mentioned above I have done lots of research on this, and I am still researching. I still have 3 months before this show and I want to do the best job possible for my client. Sometimes when you don¡¯t know something you don¡¯t know. Therefore what I am really try to do here is learn and see what other have done or are doing so I can then adapt it to my own style! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Todd Plaster
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9528 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Look into Anton Zellman. That can answer all of your questions.
jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Amen on that!
toddplaster
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of toddplaster
Mindpro,

thanks for your help here. As you mentioned, I have purchased mr. Zellmans course and I did get some good things out of there. I have also spoken with him on the phone on more than 1 occasion. As far as I can tell unless I missed something his course does not teach you how to weave a message in to the presentation.
If you are sure that this info is located in his materials could you please let me know where exactly I should look.

Thanks for your help!

Todd
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Spending time with someone who's very experienced in the field is a great approach.
(In fact there is a swing back to this style of teaching now, to counter the "everything is available" climate that the internet has produced. Witness the small group sessions that Alain Nu, Bob Cassidy and others now offer.)

I'm not sure what package Anton is offering at the moment but he is the real deal and a great teacher. I know several guys he has mentored into the field. On the face of it, the package that he sells looks expensive, but the first day you get booked at a Trade Show will cover it all. But you might want to consider just buying some consultation time.

I mentioned another source a few days ago and that is Barry Friedman of the Raspyni Brothers. They do a lot of trade show work, reinforcing their clients message. This info is available as part of his subscription program or cut to the chase and buy some of his time. I've never met Barry but have had several long consultations about different projects with him in the past. If you're serious about fasttracking into this industry he has my highest recommendation.

http://www.magiccoach.com/GMCG.htm

I've also heard great things about Seths book, but as this is not really a field I'm pursuing at the moment, I have never read it myself.

Timothy
toddplaster
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of toddplaster
Timothy,

thanks for all the info! I new of nobody you mentioned here! I will follow up on all the info you gave me and keep you posted!
I totally agree with you on spending time with someone who has experience, unfortunately I live in China and this field of magic is pretty much nonexistant. Not only do I need to learn about how to perform in this field effectively put I have have to educate this industry at the same time! I have my work cut out for me that I can tell you! Thanks again and if there is anyhting I can ever do for you please do not hesitate to ask!

sincerely,
Todd
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1653 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Checkout Joel Bauer
The trade show King
toddplaster
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of toddplaster
Thanks brent for your input! I have however checked out joel s books as well, and he also does not teach how to weave the message in to the act. If I am mistaking could you please be more specific.

Thanks again!

Todd
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1653 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Todd-

Working many corporate trade shows myself, when mentioning Joel Bauer above as you see by his books,
He is a master at aggressive marketing for the stall he works for!

His job is to attract a crowd to the booth regardless who is opposite him or beside him and his
amazing ability to use noise & promotion to dominate his clients area is 1 of his methods to
then pass on the crowd to the sales teams, he truely is an amazing worker & I guess his large fees are worth it!!

In trade shows I work-I attract crowds to the booths with magic and talk of the product the client is pushing then let the sales teams
take over-they are the experts-let them do the selling but it wont work unless theres a crowd to sell to
-Thats your job!!-Get the crowd but learn a few basics of the product to drop into the routine your doing

I use everything from fun interactive card routines to comedy gags of magic designed in the clients logos
and colours-think about altering some magic you have to talk about the clients products but do it in a professional fun way-then get the sales guys to take over while the crowds there

1 show I did I had clients logo photocopied paper- bill switched to a free gift voucher
that the sales guys gave them as they spoke to them etc... anything to get a crowd!! Do it!

read Joels Book again-its all there between the lines........

Cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » (Trade Shows) how to weave the message into the performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL