The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tattoo convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Just been booked to do a tattoo convention, I'm going to do 99% of my normal close up set as it's a busy event but can anyone recommend any tattoo effects worth learning? I don't have any tattoos of my own and its a fully lit building if it needs to be taken into consideration,
cheers guys
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
That's an interesting gig. I wonder if you could do a variation on the old "ashes" routine using a small rubber stamp glued on your thumb.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Quite possible, 1 of 2 strange gigs, got an extreme sports festival a month after!
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I would hit the Creative Magic web site and see if you can still get Bruised. It would be cool to perform at this gig.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Andrew Mayne has an effect called Ghost ink. He makes a tattoo appear and vanish from his arm.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
John Bannon's tattoo you
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Get real tattoos.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Try "TATOO JOE". Works pretty cool. I googled tatoos and downloaded the ones I liked. You can make various tatoos that appear and disappear on your forearm.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Borodin and Ted Lesley each had variants of the rubber stamp idea. Look in Sheherazade.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Don't think I will be getting real tattoos, not my thing at this moment in my life, 1 day but not yet.

I will check out the suggestions given, thank you
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Tabman - that trick already exists! It's called Stars and Hexes by Reed McClintock. It's basically his take on the old Sugar Cube/Ashes on the Arm trick. Look that up!
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I second Bruised.

Another to think aboout looking into would be "Tagged" from Rich Ferguson.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
What about having some tempory henna tattoos for reveals, seques etc.?

Perhaps get some tattoo designs put on playing cards / business cards and doing a routine with them (mentalism / card etc)
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-07-22 10:15, twistedace wrote:
Tabman - that trick already exists! It's called Stars and Hexes by Reed McClintock. It's basically his take on the old Sugar Cube/Ashes on the Arm trick. Look that up!

Not surprised. There's only so many good ideas to go around. Smile We used the idea in a Kozak show 20 years ago involving a tattoo and a fake arm.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I had Stars and Hexes, but the handling was so difficult as far as prop management was concerned. It might be easier if you're not carrying a lot of stuff.
Mentalist Sam
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Mentalist Sam
X-Con from Reed McClintock is a simpler version of Stars & Hexes. Much easier handling. Also Ellusionist has a bunch of temporary tattoos. They look real and will last several days if you want. In fact if you apply them a couple of days before the show, they will look better. I would skip the DVD and just buy the sampler pack.

Ellusionist - Stained Skin - http://www.ellusionist.com/stained-skin-tattoos.html
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Needle through arm as a throw away -- this crowd would probably love it.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Any fake tattoos are going to be noticed at a tattoo convention, best go with effects that do not involve them. Nathan Kranzo had a great effect where you move your tan from your wristwatch to your upper arm..that might be fun to do. Oliver Meech had a great idea where you have a card revelation on your arm that is written on by ball point..the premise being you are thinking of getting one and testing it out first. Just a few ideas....

Charlie
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Just a thought....draw a replica of a tattoo (using frixtion marker) of an old girlfriend, for example LUWANDA, on the back of your biz card. Talk about how much you regretted having her name on your body. Remove the name (lighter) to reveal a different message( REMOVE THE "L", A PORTION OF THE "U", A PORTION OF THE "A", AND THE "D" AND THE LAST "A". This will leave you with "I WIN" as the new tattoo.
patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tattoo convention (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL