The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » DVD Writers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
I've been recording my practice sessions, and my performance, for review and improvement; I'd like to be able to burn them to a DVD for ease and portability. Anyone have a dvd burner for their computer? I'm just looking for some folks that know more about them than I do (which isn't much, lol) to maybe give me some recommendations. It seems there are some compatibility issues and I'd obviously like to burn the most compatible DVD's possible, as I may (in the future) look at doing promotional DVD's and such...

Can anyone help?
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Just be sure to get a +,- DVD R/RW writer and you can burn all the different kinds.

Also try burning your stuff to Super Video CD's(SVCD) for now, you can play them in DVD players and they hold a decent amount of video.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I have (and really like) the Sony DRU-500AX. It reads and writes all of the typical formats (DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW and has really been a good purchase for me.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Moffmo
View Profile
Regular user
Castleford
143 Posts

Profile of Moffmo
i have the pioneer 105.. but i think it only does dvd-r (which are faster) but apart from that NO problems with it whatsoever

Matt
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
553 Posts

Profile of debaser
I would agree with vcd over dvd - its alot cheaper and faster and just requires cds and a cd burner.

about the same quality as vhs.

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » DVD Writers? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL