The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring Scape by Fantasma Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
Is there a lot of heat on the shoe string at the end of the effect? The DVD mention's a way to hand the shoe string out. Have any performers of of this effect found that most people want to inspect the string when your done?
Thanks
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
In a box of magic passed down in my family, I have received Soft Shoe Lace which is a version of the effect noted above. I am wondering if sound is an issue when using the Fantasma version. I am getting some sound with Soft Shoe Lace, but that could be due to needing more practice. Thanks for your help.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I've never had a sound problem with RingScape. Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Thank you for the input. I am going to upgrade today.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
This is a fooler for kids and adults! Must agree with the consensus- this is super for walk around. Fools 99.9% of the people I have performed this for- the only problem I have with it is- the ring that comes with it seems to fade or almost tarnish to a cruddy color. One time I saw a post somewhere that was selling rings (chrome) so this wouldn't happen anymore. Anybody know where I can find these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RNK
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
742 Posts

Profile of Roki
I don't have this but I agree it looks great . Can the props really be handed out ? Together ? I am guessing how it works but If I am right they might "link " if the spec starts playing with them . I am assuming there is a gimmick .
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I have worked out a way to gimmick any shoe lace without cutting the shoe lace and having to sew it back together and the shoe lace will still have the plastic ends.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5863 Posts

Profile of motown
What type of shoe lace are you using, solid or stripe?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I'm using solid black.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I posted under Secret Sessions my method for up-grading your Ring Scape shoe lace to any shoe lace you choose to use. Once done, there will be no cuts in the lace.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Oh, if any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5863 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks for doing that.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
My pleasure!
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I found the Fantasma version with the DVD online for $21 shipped. I've been wanting this effect for awhile so I ordered it.
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5863 Posts

Profile of motown
– Karl Germain
tryphon
View Profile
New user
Florida, USA
46 Posts

Profile of tryphon
Quote:
On 2011-01-26 21:05, whiteoakcanyon wrote:
In a box of magic passed down in my family, I have received Soft Shoe Lace which is a version of the effect noted above. I am wondering if sound is an issue when using the Fantasma version. I am getting some sound with Soft Shoe Lace, but that could be due to needing more practice. Thanks for your help.

I have the Fantasma version, it's a great trick, but I am also getting a sound, unless I am very careful with the handling.
I also think that it's best not to belabor the effect: I only do the initial removal of the ring from the shoelace, the drop penetration and the knot trick. Any more and I fear the working would be too easy to spot.
magidude68
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magidude68
Hi all, this is my very first post and I hate to say it but it is not a happy one..
My fantasma ring escape arrived last week from amazon u.s. (i live in u.k. so had to wait a while) and I couldn`t wait to open it up and have a look.
So the laces I have are 9mm wide which look a lot thinner than the one on the dvd, I can`t swing the ring and the gravity move is impossible. because...well i`m sure you can guess.
I emailed fantasma telling them this and have had no reply.Thanks a lot.
Anyone else had a duff pair? The ones on the dvd look so soft whereas mine are stiff.
Sorry about the negative post but i`m sooo annoyed and you guys are all I got.
Cheers.
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
I also ordered mine from Amazon, and when I first got this I wasn't able to do the gravity move, nor swing the ring around at all. However, after practicing with it, I've learned how to handle the string, and am able to do it much better. I'm still missing on the gravity move from time to time, but think that this is my fault on my aim perhaps.

Not saying you don't have a bad string, but when I first got mine, I thought the exact same thing. I also wondered if one of my strings was "better" than the other one, but again, after practicing, I think it is more me than the string. I will say that my strings are on the stiff side as well. I haven't measured them though, they appear to be like the one's on the DVD.

I absolutely love this little routine, it still sort of fools me when I watch it in the mirror.

Doug
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5863 Posts

Profile of motown
I would expect the laces to be some what stiff because they haven't been used.
– Karl Germain
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
I agree, they do soften up after some usage.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring Scape by Fantasma Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL