The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The House of Mouse (Disney)!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

barmybella
View Profile
New user
Sheffield
65 Posts

Profile of barmybella
Hi everyone

In October this year I will be taking my 8yr old niece to Orlando in Florida. She has never been to America before and is so excited. I was wondering if anyone knew of any cool places to take her to see some magic? I know about the "Outa Control Magic Dinner Show" and will definately be paying it a visit as it has some rave reviews and I just love comedy magic Smile
Do any of you have any other ideas? We are staying on Disney property so it would be great to get out and visit some magic shops or family friendly magic show places Smile
Thanks x
www.barmybella.com

If they ain't laughing you ain't doin it right!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Medieval Times, a dinner theater, with good and evil knights battling it out, is great for this age. I've been to it numerous time, with my kids and scouts.

As for magic shops, none I can think of. The ones that were in Disney were more novelty stores.

Disney itself is pure Magic.
Dennis Michael
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Universal Orlando has(had) a fairly decent magic shop and mini theatre. Also Daytona Magic is not to far away from Orlando. If you want to go to the Ocean for a day, it's about an hour and a half drive straight up the 4 to Daytona. Very easy in and out.

John
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
There used to be a magician doing street magic at Sea World. I don't know if he's still there and I don't remember his name, but I'm sure the Sea World folks would know. Sea World is very close to Disney World and is great for that age group (and adults).
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I love Disney World - a people trap operated by a mouse!
;)
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
Where are you staying on the disney property Tamar? I love the place. Over the years I have found Disney World far more of an inspiration than every magic convention I've been to put together!

Don't miss the street performers in epcot center - usually in Italy and UK pavillions. They don't do magic but they are great!
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
barmybella
View Profile
New user
Sheffield
65 Posts

Profile of barmybella
Hi John, I'm staying at the Walt Disney world swan, looks very posh! You're right about it being an inspiration and I'm hoping to pick up loads of ideas and have a little bit of that magic injected into my routines.

KIDabra is coming up soon isn't it? Are you going to be joining Jimmy on another Pigeon Forge adventure this year?

Lotsa love x
www.barmybella.com

barmybella
View Profile
New user
Sheffield
65 Posts

Profile of barmybella
Thanks for the suggestions guys, really appreciate it!! Smile

Tamar x
www.barmybella.com

Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Terry Ward performs as Jack Diamond, agent to the stars, at Hollywood Studios at Disney. He works as a "Citizen of Hollywood". They come out and perform 15-20 minute sets 4 or 5 times daily. If you go to Hollywood Studios, check the daily flier for showtimes. The fliers are handed out with the maps. Terry's very polished and has a great character, but the other "citizens" are definitely worth checking out. (singers, dancers, jugglers). They usually perform at the corner of Hoolywood and Vine. Terry was in front of the jewelery store when we saw him. If you go on Facebook (add me as a friend), I just posted a small portion of his show. Very entertaining and funny.

Ken
wonderbob
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of wonderbob
Last time I went to disney there was a magic shop in downtown disney I don't rember the name
barmybella
View Profile
New user
Sheffield
65 Posts

Profile of barmybella
Oh wow, I didn't realise there was a magic shop at downtown disney, that's great news, thanks Smile
www.barmybella.com

wonderbob
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of wonderbob
It's called magic masters
barmybella
View Profile
New user
Sheffield
65 Posts

Profile of barmybella
Hey ken, I had a look at your videos on facebook. I'm really looking forward to seeing jack diamond at disney studios. I loved your other video too, especially turtle chat with crush! Thanks for pointing me to them you and your family looked like you had a wonderful time and I'm so excited to be visiting again in october. Its been 12 years since I was last there so I imagine a lot has changed.

Also thanks to the above poster for the tip about magic masters at DTD can't wait to see what they've got Smile

cheers guys!
www.barmybella.com

Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Barmybella...

We had a great time. Make sure you look for the little magical things that happen at Disney. The Pixar lamp that dances is across from the cue line for the ride Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios. No sign, no hoopla, all of a sudden music starts and when you look up, the lamp is dancing and interacting with the lights around it. Quick, 3-4 minute show...and you'd never know it's going to happen unless you pay attention..that's just one of the reasons we'll keep going back to Disney..(the lamp is in our video around 3:47).

The interactive Crush the turtle is in Epcot...do not miss that show, or my all time favorite, the Laugh Floor at the Magic Kingdom. A comedy club for families, interactive animation at it's best...

Ken
The Great Stevini
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of The Great Stevini
From what I understand, there are performers on the Boardwalk each day, including magicians. We stayed at the Beach Club, but unfortunately we routinely got back too late to check them out. The Swan is right there.

If you don't mind going off Disney property, I highly recommend Wizardz Magic Theatre in Kissemee on a Monday night. Check their website.

Have fun...wish I was there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The House of Mouse (Disney)!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL