We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Hurt finger, and two days till showtime. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Waldorf
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
132 Posts

Profile of David Waldorf
Yesterday (Wednesday) I cut my left thumb near the second joint. For those of you who have read my thread in the juggling forum, it was NOT while doing the knife trick. It wasn't that bad of a cut either, but since it was almost on the joint, every time I moved my thumb it would pop open again and bleed like crazy.
Well, I have a show on Friday and wanted to be as healed as possible for that, so I went in to the Dr. to have it glued. One of the nurse practitioners was looking at it, and he said that he could put in one stitch, or glue it, and asked me which one I wanted.
I told him I did magic, and that I needed to be able to use my hands on Friday, so what did he think? He kind of leaned in confidentially, and said "Hey, not to knock magic or anything . . ."
And I thought "great, what's he going to say now?"
" . . . but isn't there something you can DO to make this better?"
That was a great joke, and I walked right into it. Smile
Didn't your mother ever tell you not to believe anything you hear and only half of what you see?

From a Roy Rogers movie
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Well great, doctor.... then is magic is curing my thumb, who should I send the bill to?
David Waldorf
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
132 Posts

Profile of David Waldorf
Quote:
On 2010-07-22 17:08, jay leslie wrote:
Well great, doctor.... then is magic is curing my thumb, who should I send the bill to?

Wish I'd said that.
Didn't your mother ever tell you not to believe anything you hear and only half of what you see?

From a Roy Rogers movie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Hurt finger, and two days till showtime. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL