The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Old Folks Homes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Quote:
On 2010-07-24 18:03, jlibby wrote:
I really enjoy working the senior market. All of the tips above have been spot on.

I know it's been mentioned here before, but for anyone interested in pursuing this market, this marketing e-course is very good and priced way too cheap:

http://www.louiefoxx.com/perform4seniors/

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
http://www.joelibby.net

Joe, based on your recommendation I checked out this link and purchased this product. It's great and is certainly worth the investment. I've some regular Retirement Center customers that I got from cold calling and referrals, but this course will really help me to get a good mailing campaign off to generate more mid-week business. I don't get many calls for birthday shows in the middle of the week. Many thanks for the link.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-07-24 18:03, jlibby wrote:
I really enjoy working the senior market. All of the tips above have been spot on.

I know it's been mentioned here before, but for anyone interested in pursuing this market, this marketing e-course is very good and priced way too cheap:

http://www.louiefoxx.com/perform4seniors/

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
http://www.joelibby.net

Joe, based on your recommendation I checked out this link and purchased this product. It's great and is certainly worth the investment. I've some regular Retirement Center customers that I got from cold calling and referrals, but this course will really help me to get a good mailing campaign off to generate more mid-week business. I don't get many calls for birthday shows in the middle of the week. Many thanks for the link.
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
I bought the Louie Foxx "Perform for Seniors" program a couple of years ago. While I don't do a large number of these shows, Isaac Louie's program has certainly helped me generate some additional shows and income that I likely would not have realized had I not purchased and digested his course materials. I'd give it a "BUY" recommendation to anyone who might like to add some shows and income in typically "slow" time slots/periods of the week. I don't get rich with these shows, but every show is one more opportunity.....and who knows where they might lead. The worst case is you perform a little more and make a few extra bucks...and who could argue with that?
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
You can get a ton of full price spin off shows from doing these senior gigs. I've booked many festivals, schools, Bdays, and a week or so ago I booked 3 libraries off a senior gig.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that for special occasions like 4th of July the manage to find more money. It's true, but it's not hidden, it's right there in the marketing budget not the activity budget. In my ebook I talk about offering a discounted rate for "their residents only" and how to set it up so there is no "sticker shock" when they go to book you for their Easter Brunch at full price. Oh, if you do senior shows your schedule on 4/23/11 can be full of full price Easter Events at places that you've already performed (my schedule is that day).

Another overlooked part of doing senior shows is that you are getting paid to audition for their company holiday party and summer picnic.

Here's one of the ways I use senior gigs now: Piggy Back Booking

Let's say you are booked to do a double header at an elementary school in the morning. Why not book the Assisted Living facility that's three blocks away before or after it? You are already out the door, stay out another hour and a half and bang out the senior gig. You are already dressed, you are already in the area, you already have your props with you...why not?

The more shows you do the better you get...as Jeff McBride says in his lecture, "Whoever performs the most wins".

Isaac Louie
P.S. for more info on my ebook visit http://www.perform4seniors.com or shoot me a PM with questions.
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Isaac Louie's senior magic product is well worth what he's charging. In fact it's too cheap. The only reason you're not going to make money from it is because you didn't take action. It's as simple as that. I've seen a lot of marketing courses for magicians and most are over-hyped, over-priced, rehashed information that you already know. This is less than $50 and all you have to do is follow what he says. In my first mailing I booked over a dozen shows and several years later still get calls from that mailing.

There's a magic marketing forum elsewhere on the web where this product is discussed and someone in my area bought the product, before I did, but he didn't get any bookings and that was for a simple reason - he didn't do anything about it. In my area, I basically own this market. I'm the only magician booking these shows. That guy could be taking gigs from me, but he's content not to make the little effort to compile a mailing list and put the promo out there.

Sorry to sound like marketing-hype in my post. I don't know him and get nothing from recommending the product. This is just one "no brainer" situation where if you want to make some extra cash during slow times, there's no excuse. It's all right there for you, for less than $50! You'll make at least twice that on your first gig.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

I'll put in another plug for Isaac Louie's senior magic product. I purchased it recently and it's great. I need to get to work with this material to help fill the holes in my calendar.
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
Thanks for all the praise about my How To Perform For Seniors ebook...now you've got it in my head to raise my price...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Old Folks Homes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL