The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » My Wife thinks it's a midlife thing! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
156 Posts

Profile of joe faro
First of all this is my first post and I'm not great with the keyboard.
I've been watching this site for awhile and it has got me collecting strange things.I also have learned some new things to entertain my friends and family. Last Thanksgiving after dinner I brought out a bed of nails that I made but hadn't told my Wife about. I did get her to stand on my chest while I layed on it but she wouldn't come out side to see my son break cinder blocks on me. Next I did the stunt at our new years day party for friends. I bought a Mur Zibit and started showing it at our local indoor flea market. It was fun and I made beer money. In the spring I did the blockhead stunt at the flea market without showing or telling my Wife first. Now I'm in the dog house and banned from doing the blockhead in public. I've been married 33 years and don't want to scare her off now. Any advice on how to convince her I'm not getting crazy?

Sound like a letter for Dear Abby.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Joe,
Tell Her to look at the Bright side...It ended your Affair with the Neighbor...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
"Now I'm in the dog house and banned from doing the blockhead in public" I would BAN her!

33 year and she still dosen't believe in you...I say if she don't sare off than run her off.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
What interests has she developed, in that time? Do they all meet with your approval?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2010-07-23 23:04, joe faro wrote:
I did get her to stand on my chest while I layed on it but she wouldn't come out side to see my son break cinder blocks on me.

So you take the cinder blocks and the boy in to the lounge for her to see it in there!

that's that one sorted......

Doing block head in public..... just do it for her in private LOTS then and then she will get fed up with you and leave or you could just say you will never show her again as long as you are allowed to perform in public.

Your not mad .... are you?

My wife does not like blocke head at all (so I don't do it for her and warn her when I will be doing it in a show so that she can stay away if she wants.

But I will NEVER forget the look on her face when she truned up to see me perform at a festival ( I was not expecting her). She got there to my side show area just as I got the body bag out - what a picture her face was really funny! She was clearly not too impressed. But it was dead funny in hind sight! We laugh about it now .... well I do anyway!

All the best and you can always lie like someone elses said and have an affair.
joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
156 Posts

Profile of joe faro
You guys are so kind and sensitive. I don't know if the knife throwing site is for me or her. Relay my wife is great and has put up with all my interest and hobbies over the years.
She doesn't mind me showing the Zibit I bought from Doug.[by the way Doug makes a great Mur if you need one]And I think she is getting use to the bed of nails,I'm working on getting her to break the cinder blocks.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Get her to try the BON. It could change her perspective.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
156 Posts

Profile of joe faro
Try the BON?
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
BON = Bed Of Nails...
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I think the issue here is trust and honesty rather than the actual stunt itself. You've indulged yourself in a world completely different and alien to her. Mostly in a covert style, if the sideshow were a woman (which it is.... in MANY ways), you'd be accused of cheating. Open up to her about your interests, AND the intentions around the interests. Then you can try to include her into it. If it's not her bag so be it, but at least you'd have been honest and on the level. I've already lost a marriage, happy with my second and it's all about be honest. (No offense to the women here) but ANY personal interest a man has will eventually p!$$ off their other half. The usual *femminine hygiene product* bag has the football and beer with the guys as their "interests"... at least YOUR interests are interesting!

TGN
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Doctor Mythsonian
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Doctor Mythsonian
No answers, just commiseration. Nipp put it best. It could be far, far worse things you've done to incur her ire. IMHO, BON + Blockhead + Zibit > blowing your savings on a sports car or having an affair.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Yes but the thing is Dr Mythsonian (great name by the way ... did you buy your Phd or did you do it properly and work for it?) .......you made me loose my track with your great name......

Oh yes.... the thing is ..... at least he's not got the BON, blockhead bits (presumably made by nipps) and the Zib in a trailer and hes towing it behind a sports car with an interesting looking young woman next to him when he goes to "gigs". Now that really would annoy the wife!

Nipps the paper in your area shoudl sign you up ... wonderful words of wisdom!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » My Wife thinks it's a midlife thing! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL