The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » floating/blooming rose proposal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dwagner
View Profile
New user
Jacsonville, Florida
14 Posts

Profile of dwagner
Hello Everyone!
I'm not a professional magician, I mainly only do magic for my loved ones and friends. I'm currently working on trying to set up something bigger than I have ever done before in an attempt to propose to my girlfriend. The setting is going to be at an empty baseball field, video taping a trick (floating rose) I've done for her before on the premise of emailing the video to my mom who has never seen me do this trick. But instead of a real rose I produce a blooming rose with the ring inside, at the same time the words "Will you marry me" appear on the scoreboard.
The main snag I've had so far has been finding a blooming rose gimmick. Does it go by another name? Or does DC have the exclusive rights to it? If anyone can help please let me know. I will also welcome any and all other romantic magic ideas (proposals or other). Thank you for time and consideration.
Smile
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
i like the rose ring box, looks good, and plays well..
have you seen these ring boxes before?
dwagner
View Profile
New user
Jacsonville, Florida
14 Posts

Profile of dwagner
I talked to Howie at the trickery about it the other day, he said he's been searhing for a long time for the blooming rose with no luck yet, he also mentioned the rose box, which I might go with if I can't find what I'm looking for. How realistic do they look?
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Normally, I'd advise against using magic to propose to your loved one.

But in this case it sounds like you have your bases covered (no pun intended.)

Good luck.

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » floating/blooming rose proposal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL