The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Raven » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidSak
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of DavidSak
I am curious - where can I find the Raven really cheap? I mean, I know exactly what it consists of, I just need the material and I am not willing to pay $10-20 for it.
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
You'll be hard pressed to find the contents for under $10. Ickle Pickle, will get part way there.

Smile
F. Zandura
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
There's no way that you can make something nearly as good on your own. And if you did, it would cost a lot. The Raven is very good quality everything. And you get all of the instructions and tips for the with sleeves version and the without sleeves version.
DavidSak
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of DavidSak
Yah, but the best price I found it for was $23. I think that's way too expensive for the material supplied.
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
If you think you can do just as good a job, then go for it. I really second Redstreak's comments though. The Raven is very well made, and I got mine for under $19.50. To duplicate it for much under that, and have it be a quality piece would be hard to do.
You say you know what Raven is, and what is included (which you may). But the fact that you think you can make your own for under $10 makes me wonder if you're fishing for info.

Smile
F. Zandura
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
I.M.H.O. $23.00 is a pretty good price for The Raven. After all, you are getting secret magician's UTILITY prop, and sometimes gimmicks, secrets, and utility props don't come as cheap as we think they should.

Now, if you are wanting to construct a Raven type gimmick, for the pleasure of making one on your own, do what others might do... go to hardware stores and craft stores and buy the individual parts, etc...

Chuck L. at Chazpro has done an excellent job in making sure the Raven is a top notch utility prop, and you really won't go wrong if purchasing from him, or other well-known magic distributors. Redstreak is absolutely right... you probably won't be able to construct it for less than $23.00.

DavidSak, if you sincerely believe that $20 is overpriced for the Raven, then might I suggest you not purchase it (magic secrets do have their cost, regardless of whether we think special things like this are overpriced).

Would I pay $23.00 for a TT? Yes, if that's what price they happen to be.

At any rate, I hope you find what you're looking for.

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
Quote:
On 2003-07-01 11:45, DavidSak wrote:
... $23. I think that's way too expensive for the material supplied.

Maybe so, but you are also paying for the workmanship that went into making the unit, as well as the idea of the Raven from the guy who invented it.
DavidSak
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of DavidSak
FZandura, can you direct me to where you got it for less than 19$ ? The best price i've seen it is 25 + shipping is aobut 30$.
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
Penguin Magic has it for $21.49. As a repeat customer, I receive 10% my purchases. With free shipping, that made it something like $19.34

Smile
F. Zandura
Jarlaxel
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Jarlaxel
you want cheap i suggest a magic store trash can. Smile

Smile

Jarlaxel
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
Ok, I draw the line here. That is the ULTIMATE cheapest thing I have EVER HEARD!!!!!!!!

Magic is NOT a cheap hobby. Price shopping is ok, but there is a reason there are those codes. They are to try to repeat custemers. And Repeat custemers ONLY!!!!

How would you like it, when you worked really hard. You worked and worked trying to get 500 dollars at the end of the week. You slave and try your best at this job. And then you boss decides "He doesn't want to pay 500-600 for an employey". You would feel cheated.

You don't steal passwords. Its illegal last time I checked.. (Any new laws... I am still right about stealing being illegal, right?) This is the cheapest thing, trying to steal this! AND FOR 2.15 CENTS!!!

This just boils my stew... Grrr..... Smile

Smile No.. Not good! Smile
Jack Of Hearts!
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
DavidSak,

I never said you were fishing, only that it struck my as being a little odd that someone who knew what was included would think they could make their own for under $10. No harm intended.

Smile
F. Zandura
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
And don't call me a dumb*** i didn't know how it was done for quite sometime, and I didn't bother to fish around, cause I uphold to something called ETHICS!!!!
Jack Of Hearts!
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
Kudos Daniel! I knew how to perform Healed n Sealed before I bought it, but paid for it because I wanted to perform it. If you want good majic to perform, support those that spend their time/money to come out w/ it for us all.

Smile
F. Zandura
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Raven » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL