The Magic Café
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Mixing board 2TK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1169 Posts

Profile of magic4545

I'm just posting this here to have it available on the www. On the mixing board where it says 2TK to Mix , 2TK to Control Room, 2TK refers to "2 Track", usually the RCA jacks that are on a compact mixing board, like the Alto, Behringer, or Mackie. These inputs require the input device to have it's own volume control, since it doesn't have a line level, trim, etc.

It doesn't refer to the "Channel 2" used for the second XLR/1/4" mic/line channel. 2-track is located out of line from the channels. How confusing for us newbies!

I looked all over the internet, and couldn't find the definition. Maybe now this will be able to be found. Especially when I forget it again.

Please post if any of this is not universally accurate.


View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of yeats
Yup - that sounds about right. Although I think my Alto mixer also has a level control for fine tuning the TK-In volume.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Mixing board 2TK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL