The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch That Does not Require Any Folding? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2237 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Does a switch that does not require folding exist? I'm interested in using a switch for a Bill in Lemon effect, and the folding just seems out of place...
(Yes, I've searched the Café for bill switch, etc., already!)
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Dooblehorn:

Not criticizing, just curious.

A bill is longer than a lemon. How will a bill fit in the lemon if you don't fold it?

Oh, and other than Himber wallets and the like, I don't know of any switch like that.
MrBadGuy
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of MrBadGuy
What about that Bill Switch by Doug McKenzie? It doesn't involve folding. I think it's called the Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch and is available on DVD. I'm sure you can find demos of it on youtube or penguin.

Hope that helps.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22898 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dick Zimmerman Bill Switch switches a fully open bill for the one offered. It is fast and takes some guts. It was published in Genii Magazine in the late 1970's I believe and in his lecture notes in the 1980's.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of Conus
Although not a bill switch, check out "Hot Chocolate" by Paul Harris for a method that could be adapted to suit.
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
__________________________________________________________________________________
"What about that Bill Switch by Doug McKenzie? It doesn't involve folding. I think it's called the Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch and is available on DVD. I'm sure you can find demos of it on youtube or penguin."
__________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Dooblehorn,
The dvd mentioned by Mr BadGuy is good and it is called Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch.
I use it regularly but have changed the handling from informatio in John Lovick's Book SWITCH unfolding the $100 Bill Switch.

Have a look at the book and you will find something very similar called the fastest bill switch by Juan Pablo Ibanez P174.

All the best

Michael J
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
746 Posts

Profile of dduane
Just my 2 cents... I love the Juan Hundred switch. I use it a lot as an opener at my restaurants. It takes practice. I've been using it for over a year, and still trying to get it smoother. It has many applications, and I recommend it.

DDuane
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2237 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Hi, all, thanks so very much for the suggestions!

The Juan Hundred seems more like an effect in and of itself, and it is a GREAT effect, but I'm after more of a utility bill switch to use for Bill in Lemon routine. Having to fold and fold and monkey with the bill before disappearance and reappearance inside lemon just feels "fishy" to me

Conus, thanks I'll check out Hot Chocolate.
wmhegbli, Zimmerman's sounds more like what I am after, I'll see if I can find it.

MichaelJ, that John Lovick Book apparently seems to be the Bill Switch Bible, I may have to break down and get it! I've seen it mentioned over and over on the Café

Thanks again everyone!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8860 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Perhaps there's something of interest on "The Reserve," Bill Switch DVD. It's pretty darn good. You might check our own Ben Salinas here on the Café about it as he does all the demonstrations of more than 15 different switches on the DVD package (Oh and what a nice package). Smile He may know of other possibilities on what you're looking for here dooblehorn. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2784 Posts

Profile of John Long
Himber wallet

Using another object (eg a wallet or card), the switch is done w/o it appearing like you are doing anything:
Mexican Turnover
R Jaxsons "bold switch" where bill is switched when placed on a wallet (he posted this on the Café)
Hot Chocolate in Art of astonishment V3, License to Thrill V1; Counterfeit Spectator V2
Tamariz Switch in Pocket Power's TP to egg
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Is the effect you're going for that the borrowed bill changes to another and the borrowed one is in the lemon, or is the effect that no one knows the bill has been switched giving you time to put the borrowed one in the lemon? If it's the former, Bob Sheets has a no fold switch on dvd, I think it's called Skullcracker.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2237 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Hi, mumford
It's the second one you describe, the "noone knows..." switch Smile
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2237 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Wmhegbli
Cannot find Zimmerman switch, cannot even find Zimmerman's lecture notes for sale, any suggestions?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22898 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-07-29 16:13, dooblehorn wrote:
Wmhegbli
Cannot find Zimmerman switch, cannot even find Zimmerman's lecture notes for sale, any suggestions?

$10.00 can get you a copy.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Lonnie Chevrie has an open flash bill switch that would be perfect. Since the bill remains in full view, it would just look like you were adjusting the ends of the bill, that is holding it between your hands.

BTW, I have done the Bill in Lemon for 35+ years. I very casually fold the bill when I first get it from the audience. It's done on the off beat, so it's really of no significance to them. I've never had anyone call me on it, and I have used it quite often for some very critical audiences.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2237 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Thanks, Bill!
Is the Chevrie switch called the Spritz or is it Grandpa's?
How much do you fold the bill when you do Bill in Lemon?, just curious...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-07-28 07:19, Conus wrote:
Although not a bill switch, check out "Hot Chocolate" by Paul Harris for a method that could be adapted to suit.

Great thinkin'! I've performed Hot Chocolate lots of times, but it never occurred to me the possibility for a bill switch!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Are you finish clean at the end of Chevrie bill switch or you still holding extra bill palmed in your hand? Juan Hundred Dollar Bill is the best for me as it looks like you don't do anythink with the money. One bad think about it is that it's very difficult to do it with different size bills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch That Does not Require Any Folding? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL