The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » One Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V-p-vEUYZU

any thoughts?

Paul.W

FRom Israel
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
I´ve seen this mentioned in another thread in here.
It looks rather impressive, this can be achieved using hypnosis, but if they´re selling it then it can´t be how it´s done in this case.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Looked great!
Humester
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Humester
A few years ago I watched Osterlind discuss an effect that looked like this. However, it was subject to often missing. I played with it and used it in very small settings to some success. My hit ratio however was still low.

Does ONE hit every time? Does it use only the ONE card? And by what method is the card chosen? I'd be extremely interested in buying if I knew a little more.
Humester
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Video editing is a bit suspect and may be misleading.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-07-28 12:17, mindpunisher wrote:
Video editing is a bit suspect and may be misleading.

I must agree with you here; far too much editing, but I have ordered DoorwayMagic products in the past and they were all well worth the price. Twill be interesting to see how this one turns out. I personally could accomplish the same effect with the force in Identity by Daniel Madison, but like Humester said above, its not completely foolproof (I have it @ about a 70% hit rate, with 15% being close).
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
"No Force" , "No Magicians Choice " , so they say....
If it's that clean cut then why is the entire process shown from start to finish ?
If it's that clean then viewing magi would have no idea of how to reconstruct the effect .
Its not even clever editing ,just a part of the process and the correct outcome shown each time .
Someone prove me wrong ,that there are no forces ,suggestions ,or magicians choices in play and as much as I care to stay away from card effects ,Ill buy into it ( but I doubt I will be doing so ...)
Regards Mark
E.O.I
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-07-28 17:44, markthorold wrote:
"No Force" , "No Magicians Choice " , so they say....
If it's that clean cut then why is the entire process shown from start to finish ?

I think you meant why _isn't_ the process shown.
Quote:
If it's that clean then viewing magi would have no idea of how to reconstruct the effect .
Its not even clever editing ,just a part of the process and the correct outcome shown each time .
Someone prove me wrong ,that there are no forces ,suggestions ,or magicians choices in play and as much as I care to stay away from card effects ,Ill buy into it ( but I doubt I will be doing so ...)
Regards Mark

I must agree. We shall see when it comes out: DoorwayMagic.com, its not out yet. Smile
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
I agree, it looks extremely suspect. I don't mind if something uses equivoque, as long as it's well hidden, but I suspect that this will be no more impressive than Joshua Quinn's Deckquivoque (Paralies).

If this effect really was so impressive, then it would be shown in it's entirety. I have a feeling it will be a complete waste of money.

But here's hoping I'm wrong.

Tom
xx
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2010-07-28 18:25, Eshla wrote:
I don't mind if something uses equivoque, as long as it's well hidden

And Equivoque should be ALWAYS hidden, otherwise it's not (equivocal).
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-07-28 18:25, Eshla wrote:
Joshua Quinn's Deckquivoque (Paralies).

*chokes* Not impressive? *chokes again*

Anyone here know the heimlich? (Sorry Ii I spelt it wrong)

J(ch)oking aside... It's just a preview. I expect something more will come when the effect is released.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
I did indeed mean "is't " , typed in haste Im afraid ,but I think we all agree on this Smile
Mark
E.O.I
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
If this is the type of effect you want to perform, I would suggest getting your hands on "THOUGHTS" by Gary Jones. A no BS, one card (genuinely) prediction. This is as close to real mind reading as it gets.

Mel
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Not out yet is it Mel?

JH
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
Hi John,

Its release has been delayed for some reason or other. Its gotta be on your wish list, I know you will love it.

Mel
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
I have one card always sitting in my wallet. If this is really what it leads us to believe (that genuinely one card is used), then I would be interested in their ideas.

Richard Osterlind, Docc Hilford, Derren Brown, Joshua Quinn, Dee Christopher, Daniel Madison (and me) all have truly one-card presentations. I will check out Gary's and I would be interested in hearing more about this product.

Thanks,

Sean
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3075 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Quote:

Richard Osterlind, Docc Hilford, Derren Brown, Joshua Quinn, Dee Christopher, Daniel Madison (and me) all have truly one-card presentations. I will check out Gary's and I would be interested in hearing more about this product.

I would add Bryn Reynolds to the list.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
...Dang. Of course, Bryn Reynolds. He's out fighting crime and I am in here forgetting. Sorry Bryn!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » One Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL