The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Run Silent Run Deep Review!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2205 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,
I was very fortunate to get a pre release copy of this wonderful masterpiece that Ben has created alongside fellow magicians and mentalists.

I own Crossroads as well as Silent Running prior to receiving this, and this will be an unbiased review.

RUN SILENT RUN DEEP by BEN Harris
Price $39.95 if you order before July 31, after it goes up to $49.95.

Where to get it??
Ben Harris website and/or Lybrary.com

FOREWORD
Marc Paul says a few words about SR and this new book, and then right before signing off tips an effect he uses on a daily basis based on a prediction! STRONG!
He then welcomes you to RSRD.

INTRODUCTION
Ben Harris writes the introduction to this book, and states that up first Steve Shuftons take on the procedure.

STEVE SHUFTON
He practically explains 4 effects using SR, and to me the one that stood out the most from the four effects was: SPEECHLESS LEFT UNSAID......this continues from where SR left off. This is just GREAT!!!

JAMIE BADMAN AND COLIN MILLER
They give you three effects using the SR procedure, with one being a wallet routine, reminding me of Heirloom. Good thinking!

RICHARD BUSCH
HE gives his procedure on the SR take, and it makes sense using the numbers.
I have used this technique in the past, and this will work well, but not my cup of tea, but still good!

BEN Harris
Ben then explains 8 effects using the CR procedure and SR.
WOW!!!!
Very useful ideas...... I liked DATOE and SILENT TRAVELERS the best!!!!
I can see myself using them in the future.
Also, his followup to the DIRECT MIND READ routine from SR is GOLD, as well as REM, his take using these new procedures on the BERGLAS EFFECT!!

CLAUDE IMPERIALE
Not to fond of this section really....

ISAAC LOUIE
SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.............sheer brilliance for STAGE using cell phones!!!
WOW, definately will study and USE!!!!

JASON MESSINA
WAKING DREAMS----lucid dreaming applied to times of the year and dates....great thinking!

RAN PINK
I had already purchased THE WHITE ROOM, and like his take on the SR procedure, but I tend to use his ICAINU a lot, I have performed this over 20 times in the last week and a half, and it kills..... I have an added variation that I am writing about.

CHRISTOHER TAYLOR and BILL FRITZ
USes the SOlstice Pad.....dont have one so I skipped this section!

BERNARDO RODRIGUEZ
I have seen him around the Café.........good effect..reminded me of something similar but more hands off due to the SR procedure.

HIRO SAKAI, MATTHEW SHEPHERD, ROBERT SMITH
All great ideas using SR, and effects therein.

FRANSESCO TESCI
SILENT RUNNING presentation for STAGE, full blown........WOW!!! and double WOW!!!
TOD gets a new name with this one........definately love it!!!

MARIO UNGER
Using Frixion pen and Card to Wallet.....good ideas!!!

STARMAN BONUS
Great effect and thinking by Ben for the STARMAN effect!

If you order before July 31 you get all the STARMAN templates as a bonus.

Well there you have it, even though I got a pre release review copy, I would have gladly paid $49.95 for this, as it contains some WONDERFUL, INSPIRING ideas from people from all over the world.

I think if you use something from this book, even if its just 1 effect or thinking, you got your moneys worth.

I rate it a 9.5/10, simply because there was some stuff I didn't care for, but then again we all have different tastes.....

My favorites from the book that I will study and use are:
SPEECHLESS addition by Steve Shufton
DATOE and SILENT TRAVELERS from Ben Harris
SILENCE OF THE LAMBS by Isaac Louie
RAN PINKS ICAINU(I currently use on a daily basis)
FRANSESCO TESCI full blown STAGE routine with SR.

If you enjoyed CrossRoads, and Silent Running, I suggest you pickup a copy of Run Silent Run Deep....it truly is worth it........trust me when I tell you as I have done one version over 20 times....Ran Pinks effect, and it slays people literally!

Hope you all enjoy this wonderful book!

Thanks Ben, and keep em coming!

ALEX
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Thank you for your review, Alex. I'm glad you enjoyed "Run Silent, Run Deep" as much as you did.

Just a note, the Starman templates come with the book in MONO form so that they can be aged to look like they originated in the 1960's. All pre-orders receive A FULL COLOR SET as a bonus in ADDITION to the mono set. ANOTHER BONUS is the template for SR BLISTER which you can have laser cut at your local sign-maker/laser-cutter.

Official release is July 31, midnight AEST. You can save $10.00 by pre-ordering before that time at either

http://www.wowbound.com
http://www.lybrary.com
http://www.magicshop.co.uk

Cheers

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
2 days!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3699 Posts

Profile of JanForster
There will be a printed edition too? Sorry, but I can't stand ebooks and read them only if I have to... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Jan,

It will probably also be a printed book. W are negotiating with a U.S. based printer at the moment. Due to its size, it is too expensive a proposition to print in Australia and to then freight to the U.S.

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5114 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I add my words to Alex`s words.

When I recieved a copy in the past an ebook called "Silent Running" I think:

"What a weird title.."

After the reading I knew that this technique will be a revolutionary tool and will be the "creativity bridge" for a lot of guys.
The "mindreader" approach(no cards , propless) is almost a holy grail.

I received a copy yesterday from Mr. Harris ,I read a few pages last night and right now I'm reading this 216 monster document.
Great quality material and outstanding contributions.
Detailed scripts, out of the box ideas, excellent templates.
This product is ridiculously good and I will give a detailed review of this ebook just when I finish my reading.
Totally under priced
9/10

I Totally recommend this offer .
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Ben

That's good news.

I'm also a fan of hard bound books. I ordered the ebook, but would much rather have a hard bound book.

Cheers
Frank
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hi all,

I was also lucky enough to receive a Pre - Release Copy.

May I just say, this immense monster of an Ebook is Absoloutley brilliant!
It is Jam - Packed full of brilliant and practical effects using the SR concept.
Some favourites of mine are Tommy's SR ACAAN, Ran Pink's White Room, Ben Harris' Strange Travellers and Jamie Badman/Colin Millers' Silent Past.
I also think that the SR Script written by Steve Shufton is fantastic. I reckon all these effects I've mentioned are worth the price of the book alone! But there are so many other brilliant effects.
The layout is great, it is written well, and there are so many subtleties that will help you perform SR in a better way.

I believe this could be the Ebook of this year. Well done Ben!

Kyle
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
I personally was unable to use the original Silent Running concept, no matter how I presented it. I understood it perfectly, and it was a great idea, but whenever I presented it, spectators never understood it unless I explained it in more detail than the instructions, whereupon they perceived the effect and it lost its power. Thus I am primarily interested in RSRD because I can use virtually anything that works with Silent Running with my MindPower deck. Smile
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
MagicFreak2, RSRD clearly outlines a working and practical script written by Steve Shufton, outlining the perfect script for the SR concept. This will honestly help loads.

The tricks are all very clever, and use the SR concept in different ways.

Kyle
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-07-29 10:57, KyleMacNeill wrote:
MagicFreak2, RSRD clearly outlines a working and practical script written by Steve Shufton, outlining the perfect script for the SR concept. This will honestly help loads.

The tricks are all very clever, and use the SR concept in different ways.

Kyle

Darn it, Kyle! Now the waiting will be unbearable... Smile
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Lol MagicFreak2, the wait is nearly over.. Smile
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
The problem with this review is that it is 100% posative. There's not a word of real critism in it.

This does not mean for a second that the product is bad, but it does make the reader question both the bias of the writer and their critical thinking ability.

I will deffinetly be buying RSRD, but only because of the fact that all the other Ben Harris effects I've seen so far have been excellent.

Gushing profusely. Smile

Tom
xx
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-07-29 13:07, Eshla wrote:
The problem with this review is that it is 100% posative. There's not a word of real critism in it.

Read it again.

He does say that some parts don't fit him; he just doesn't say it in a negative way. He also cut off 1/20th of the points for content that he won't use. All the content is apparently good; just not all fits everyone.

Little criticism on the other hand, means that the author has spent a very long time perfecting and editing the material; which by the long but well worth wait, I presume this will.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
You may well be right MagicFreak; afterall I believe RSRS has been in the works for ages, so I'm hoping it will be great by now. Smile

However, ever the pessimist, I prefer a review which clearly outlines the negatives or downsides, because thatway it boosts the credability of the whole review, and therefore, the product itself. Smile

xx
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2205 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I have nothing NEGATIVE to say about this work.

Some parts do not fit me, and I did not review them, I just glanced over them, and immediately skipped them.

The Reason my positive rating was big, was because this work really is worth the $49.95 and more.

The ideas and contributions you receive from great minds are great!!

If you use at least one idea or effect from the book, then I feel you got your moneys worth.

I will use at least 4 or 5 ideas from this book.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Ok, well I'll ask a question then:

Is SR taught in this, or do you have to buy it separately? I don't have it, and am planning on waiting for RSRD to come it.

Or do you have to have SR to use RSRD?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2205 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Yes and No.

There are parts that assume you already have SR, but Steve Shufton goes over a section piece by piece of the SR procedure, so even to newcomers they can understand it.

Alex
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
So effectively SR is taught in the book. Smile

Bargin!
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Great review Alex.

Thanks for the time you've put in, reading the 200 odd pages and givng an unbiased review.

I loved SR when it first came out and use it frequently My orders been in for a few weeks now and I am looking forward to receiving the ebook.

All the best

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Run Silent Run Deep Review!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL