The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Death came knocking-Sneak peek (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
No sweet spot. It's ALL sweet. This thing just bangs away, completely under your control. The brass knocker is heavy and solid.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Have a Halloween gig coming up where I will feature this in--that is if I don't get the Re-Animator by October 31st!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2010-10-05 23:44, Ben Harris wrote:
No sweet spot. It's ALL sweet. This thing just bangs away, completely under your control. The brass knocker is heavy and solid.

Benny

Thanks Ben for setting me straight. My 'Bell" at times would just move around and never clink,clink,clink! ...

I like the idea of a knocker and the idea of a DOOR.

Ray
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of bosque
I received my "Death Came Knocking" a couple of days ago and I have to say that it is worth every penny it cost to purchase. Man, what a solid and realistic looking prop. You can definately hand it out for a light inspection, and can even let the magic happen in the spectator's hands. I did it for my daughter, who of course has seen it all, and it absolutely startled her when the knocker rapped for the first time as she was holding it. A little risky in that the spectator might be so surprised that they drop the knocker. I'm doing a Halloween show for the facility I work at all week next week, and intend to give this thing a workout. I've got lots of spare batteries. Once again, this is an incredible piece of work. I'll use it all year, I'm sure; but for Halloween- you can't beat this item. I'll post again after the performances. I'm sure it's going kill...
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I did a reading of "The Houdini Box" by Brian Selznick for a class of third graders Friday. I introduced the knocker as having once belonged on 113th street from Houdini's brownstone. The kids passed it around and it was put on display as I read the story.
At one point in the book the character of Victor arrives at the Magicians doorstep and knocks...

The DCK only knocked once but it launched an entire glass of 3rd graders several feet into the air.

Great product.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Very nice Mr. Garland! Love the way you used it!
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Good Work, Eddie, Scare them!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I got several emails after Halloween about how cool DCK was. It's always great to hear the performance stories (like Eddie's above) thanks guys!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
At the two shows I did for Halloween(Saturday and Sunday), I placed the knocker on its stand by the doorway out with printed notes that explained this was from the Harry Houdini house which stood on 113th Street in Manhattan.(Thanks! Eddie Garland. Every so often when someone would exist the room I was performing in, I'd activate the knocker.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
Eddie Garland wrote:
I did a reading of "The Houdini Box" by Brian Selznick for a class of third graders Friday. I introduced the knocker as having once belonged on 113th street from Houdini's brownstone. The kids passed it around and it was put on display as I read the story.
At one point in the book the character of Victor arrives at the Magicians doorstep and knocks...

The DCK only knocked once but it launched an entire glass of 3rd graders several feet into the air.

Great product.

My eight year old has a girlfriend that is a little "know it all". Very cute but not easily impressed.
Her mother dropped her off the other day and both were near the knocker on my fireplace mantle.

I new they were coming over and was ready hehe. I hit the trigger and she grabbed her mother who was also shocked, to say the least.

Meanwhile my daughter Grace kept playing her WII game as if nothing happened Smile

I have several performers that use DCK in their acts and swear it is one thing that makes everyone jump.

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I have sevearl weeks of Grind Shows booked at the Roxie Theater in San Francisco and I will be including DCK in at at least three of the five shows.
magicianroger
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of magicianroger
I have been useing DCK in my Paranormal Show every weekend 4 shows a night it scares the fool out of them. Ive had about 20 people leave the show runing out before the show was over. thanks Rick & Tim for coming up with Death Came Knocking I love it
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2011-05-12 00:40, magicianroger wrote:
I have been useing DCK in my Paranormal Show every weekend 4 shows a night it scares the fool out of them. Ive had about 20 people leave the show runing out before the show was over. thanks Rick & Tim for coming up with Death Came Knocking I love it

Fantastic!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Get the dvd Crooked House, its a uk BBC thing, (derren is in it briefly too)...

has a very good plot for a door-knocker...
I've asked to be banned
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
666 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Mine just arrived yesterday. As with all Outlaw products, it's a beautiful piece, and works great. I am looking forward to working this into my seance show, which I am currently re-tooling. I have a Chiller on the way as well, can't wait to see that one! Thanks again Rick and Tim!

Paul
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Death came knocking-Sneak peek (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL