The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Death came knocking-Sneak peek (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
I'm happy with 2 or 3.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2915 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
That's good, but a 'rap' version of that song would be more appropriate.

Quote:
On 2010-08-02 08:53, WayneCapps wrote:
Perfect music for your presentation!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcWTTs8QVRc
teaguejb
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of teaguejb
Well done, Mr. Robbins. Well done.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Todd can Rap but my wife can Rag!
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
How about a Death Came Knocking version with an EXTREMELY aged knocker, as in coated with gritty dark rust and mounted on a rotting wood door panel?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-08-03 20:01, marknem7 wrote:
How about a Death Came Knocking version with an EXTREMELY aged knocker, as in coated with gritty dark rust and mounted on a rotting wood door panel?

The photos tend to "clean up" the colors. The brass is aged and the wood is old Smile

Not rotted out floor old, but aged really well.

I didn't want to go haunted house over the top creepy.

I believe that an item doesn't have to look decayed and scary, to be haunted. That's what makes it so creepy.

Now we could have gone cheap looking like The Departed, but I really like the finished aged look Karl did.

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
DCK can knock as quick or slow as you like. Two knocks, one knock, three knocks. BTW this is an heavy solid brass knocker Smile

Don't open the door!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Oh my ...I just pee'd a little in excitement ......
E.O.I
Zarazza
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Zarazza
Cool! Can it be examined by the spectators?
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1264 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I went out with a woman who claimed her prior house was haunted. Something about the shower door staying shut whenever they tried to get out of the shower to the point where you had to shoulder the door open in order to get it free. All other times she said you could open and close the door with one finger.

She wound up remodeling the upstairs from smooth panel doors to the 6 panel doors that Mr. Roth provided at the beginning of this thread. She eventually sold the house and moved into another. She still believed that house to be haunted. I've since moved onto to another relationship and will be getting married this Halloween.

BUT...the 6 panel doors are the key. This style door was originally called a Cross and Open Bible door or a Christian door. They were used on early colonial homes to mark that home as a Christian dwelling. The top four panels form a cross. The bottom two panels represented the open bible.

There you go, add that it to your soup and mix it around.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Great info Dan, cheers.

Quote:
On 2010-08-04 16:12, EVILDAN wrote:
I went out with a woman who claimed her prior house was haunted. Something about the shower door staying shut whenever they tried to get out of the shower to the point where you had to shoulder the door open in order to get it free. All other times she said you could open and close the door with one finger.

Do you think it was something to do with the hot water causing the frame to expand?

Steve
[
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-08-04 16:12, EVILDAN wrote:

She wound up remodeling the upstairs from smooth panel doors to the 6 panel doors that Mr. Roth provided at the beginning of this thread. She eventually sold the house and moved into another. She still believed that house to be haunted. I've since moved onto to another relationship and will be getting married this Halloween.

BUT...the 6 panel doors are the key. This style door was originally called a Cross and Open Bible door or a Christian door. They were used on early colonial homes to mark that home as a Christian dwelling. The top four panels form a cross. The bottom two panels represented the open bible.

There you go, add that it to your soup and mix it around.

Nice history thanks Evil

The knocker can be knocked just like a real knocker (because it is)

If you turned it upside down the knocker will swing free. Very examinable.

The spec can hold the knocker while its knocking

Don't open the door!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1264 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Quote:

Do you think it was something to do with the hot water causing the frame to expand?

Steve

Yeah, that's what I tried to tell her but she wasn't listening. She also showed me pics that she took and printed out on an inkjet printer of the various rooms and hallways in the house. This was for the real estate site when she had if for sale. She had demon faces circled on the pics. Uh huh...I tried to explain that what she circled was the random pattern formed by an inkjet printer. I even pointed out a big demon face that she missed. That startled her. I tried to discount everything, but she was set in her ways and no one was going to tell her the house wasn't haunted.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
This is a cool idea. I can think of 2 Literature spins already staring at it:

1) Christmas Carol with Jacob Marley's Ghost....

2) The Raven by Poe... I heard a knockin on my chamber door

Very nice indeed!

I think if Dead Rap hidden somewhere in the house, you can use both in combo and have spirits wandering all over...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-08-04 17:07, Dr Spektor wrote:
This is a cool idea. I can think of 2 Literature spins already staring at it:

1) Christmas Carol with Jacob Marley's Ghost....

2) The Raven by Poe... I heard a knockin on my chamber door

Very nice indeed!

I think if Dead Rap hidden somewhere in the house, you can use both in combo and have spirits wandering all over...

Very nice ideas!

Don't open the door!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Hang it on the inside coat closet door beside the front entrance (especially if you have a door knocker on the front). The sound will seem to come from the front door during your performance. Perfect effect for a 'campfire tale' such as 'the bloody finger.' It can knock right up to a moment before the front door is thrown open to find nobody there.

Not recommended for the seder dinner moment when Elijah comes calling.
Phasmologist
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2277 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I don't believe the following myth is just limited to the mid-west. BUt, as a youth I always was told of death knocking three times. If you heard three knocks in the night, it was your time to die. Your time, or that of a loved one soon to pass. Actual tales of relatives dying after hearing said knocks, were repeated often , as part of the family lore Always, three loud, distinct knocks.

Kotah
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:

Not recommended for the seder dinner moment when Elijah comes calling.

You have to come to one of my seders... the ten plagues are done in style... and you should see my daughter dressed as death running around hopping over miniture houses and stepping on pyramids (really)...
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2010-08-05 08:42, KOTAH wrote:
I don't believe the following myth is just limited to the mid-west. BUt, as a youth I always was told of death knocking three times. If you heard three knocks in the night, it was your time to die. Your time, or that of a loved one soon to pass. Actual tales of relatives dying after hearing said knocks, were repeated often , as part of the family lore Always, three loud, distinct knocks.

Kotah

Hmm... now that I think of it - and from prof BC too - this would be good for a routine I do using the Monkey's Paw story... (love that old literature)... but when the dead son comes back, I usually use the Dead Rap... but you could use this or even have it right there on the table with other props like a monkeys paw.

Yep, this sounds excellent.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Seder with Dr. Spektor and Prof BC . . . every house in town would break out the lamb's blood.
Phasmologist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Death came knocking-Sneak peek (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL