We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What is the most effective induction? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kmpx18
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of kmpx18
I'm researching new hypnotic inductions and was hoping someone could comment on the effectiveness of 1) the arm drop (8 word induction) 2) or maybe give me some pointers on which hypnotic induction is most effective. I already use the hand to eye fixation or handshake induction, but I really wanna go out there and explore with other methods.

-kyle
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
This question is very similar in tone to one already discussed here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=22&24
robaiken
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of robaiken
People don't like talking about this. Your only going to get abuse from members, like what happened to me. A few pointers, read books and watch DVDs on hypnosis. Choose an induction based on your situation and your subject. Some people respond better with different inductions. If you have a subject with a bad back, avoid the arm pull induction. I have always found it easier people sitting down. Find a few induction that you feel comfortable with. I have 3 inductions I always use, 1 instant and 2 rapid. And final learn good patter.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
You know, that's actually a pretty good answer. Well done!
So, apart from saying members don't like talking about this and feeling like you were abused (apologies if you feel that abuse came from me - I too am a new member here) looks like you learned something robaiken!
Reg
:)

Quote:
On 2010-07-30 11:08, robaiken wrote:
People don't like talking about this. Your only going to get abuse from members, like what happened to me. A few pointers, read books and watch DVDs on hypnosis. Choose an induction based on your situation and your subject. Some people respond better with different inductions. If you have a subject with a bad back, avoid the arm pull induction. I have always found it easier people sitting down. Find a few induction that you feel comfortable with. I have 3 inductions I always use, 1 instant and 2 rapid. And final learn good patter.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
If you´ve already had success do you have a subject that you have previously hypnotized that will let you experiment? - that´d be a bonus!

Failing this, the next time you´re in a group setting, why not use eye to hand on one person, then experiment on the next subject? Smile
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
kmpx18
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of kmpx18
Thank you owen at least you don't make me feel abused
and I was only just trying to get a ideas for other inductions. I use the hand to eye and I agree its very effective I was only trying to get an opinion on some new ones to try.
kmpx18
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of kmpx18
And thank you also robaiken. I'm not really new to hypnosis iv actually been using it for a while now.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I guess which ever one that you have the most confidence in. I'm very new to hypnosis but I find that I have great confidence in the handshake induction and it works best for me.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Quote:
On 2010-07-31 04:31, kmpx18 wrote:
Thank you owen at least you don't make me feel abused
and I was only just trying to get a ideas for other inductions. I use the hand to eye and I agree its very effective I was only trying to get an opinion on some new ones to try.


I´m a beginner myself, I have a long way to go before I have enough knowledge to do anything other than pose questions Smile
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
My name is Pakar Ilusi.

I was abused as well on this forum.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
robaiken
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of robaiken
Quote:
On 2010-07-31 04:34, kmpx18 wrote:
And thank you also robaiken. I'm not really new to hypnosis iv actually been using it for a while now.


ok then in that case just use your usual induction then.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
This is begining to sound like a therapy forum for those who think they've been abused.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
It's usually the once in which you have the most confidence.

Regards,
Mike
Darren Altman
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Darren Altman
The best induction is the induction that works for YOU, that's it! Find literally 1 or 2 inductions that you feel really comfortable and confident with and stick to them. I know tonnes of different inductions, but will stick to 2 or 3 at the very most.

The others are used to re-induce, which is a bit of showmanship for the crowd really as the instruction to 'sleep' has already been given ;- )

Good luck.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Quote:
On 2010-08-01 05:30, robaiken wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-07-31 04:34, kmpx18 wrote:
And thank you also robaiken. I'm not really new to hypnosis iv actually been using it for a while now.


ok then in that case just use your usual induction then.


Score one for Robaiken. He is starting to fit in well.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
kmpx18
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of kmpx18
I'm sorry I even asked
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi Kyle,

I think like many others this questions is tough to answer because the question suggests there is some inhenerent power in the induction technique itself rather than seeing it as a vehicle to deliver a suggestion.

That said my top three inductions of choice are Handshakes (Bandler style and Elman style) and hand to eye fixation - which is essentially a permissive version of Bandlers handshake.

The 8 word is fine too. Or even my 7 word. 'Look at me. Close your eyes. Sleep'.

When I started the induction I had complete 100% success with was The Rehearsal Induction - I first came across that in Training Trances. I also had success the few times I used it with the Overload induction.

If doing an induction that does not involve touch, just words then I usually get eye fixation, take control of their breathing pattern and just start pacing and leading the person in.

What will make you effective is increasing your linguistic flexibility, so you can turn any of the above into more direct or permissive procedures should you need to.

Even more importantly is what you do immediately after the induction. If the handshake achieves nothing other than the person standing their with their eyes closed then what follows should still achieve hypnosis.

In short it is not the induction itself that does, but the ideas you present within it. What follows the induction is more important than the induction itself.

Keep at it. Like most good hypnotists I suspect you will learn dozens of inductions and then settle on two Smile

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-08-04 07:48, Darren Altman wrote:
The best induction is the induction that works for YOU, that's it!


I hope this does not make you feel abused but no. This is dead wrong.

You find the induction that works best for the SUBJECT, that's it!

Your comfort level, how you feel, how it flows for you is all not relevant in the least. This is the single largest problem I see with hypnotists especially new ones. If you have some sort of "issue" with the induction, work it out. You work at it and work at it and make it comfortable for you. You don't have that sort of time with subjects.

Hypnosis is not about you, it is about your subjects. That goes for therapy or for stage.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Darren Altman
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Darren Altman
You're disagreeing and agreeing with me at the same time Danny! If we take it for granted that the hypnotist has built rapport with the subject and has 100% confidence that the subject WILL go under, then what I meant was that it is up to the hypnotist to have 1 or 2 inductions that they are totally sure will work. That they have the utmost belief and surety (is that a word?!) that their induction will lead the person into trance, without hesitation.


You said it yourself Danny: "You work at it and work at it and make it comfortable for you." That's exactly what I meant! Whenever I do magnetic hands or the Jon Chase version of the Elman, I KNOW that it will result in hypnosis and I don't feel any need to perform all the other myriad of inductions out there, except as a bit of showmanship for re-inductions.

Hugh Lennon has been using one induction on stage for years and years, why? Because it works for HIM!




Quote:
On 2010-08-07 10:44, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-04 07:48, Darren Altman wrote:
The best induction is the induction that works for YOU, that's it!


I hope this does not make you feel abused but no. This is dead wrong.

You find the induction that works best for the SUBJECT, that's it!

Your comfort level, how you feel, how it flows for you is all not relevant in the least. This is the single largest problem I see with hypnotists especially new ones. If you have some sort of "issue" with the induction, work it out. You work at it and work at it and make it comfortable for you. You don't have that sort of time with subjects.

Hypnosis is not about you, it is about your subjects. That goes for therapy or for stage.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If you take that for granted, the induction is not relevant.

20+ years on stage, 10 of it at least 5 nights a week, and I have never had more than one induction.

(By the way we can not go by what you "meant", only by what you wrote.)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What is the most effective induction? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL