The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Booking numerous library shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
In your opinion…

To be successful in booking numerous library shows every year do you have to:

1.) Have program that reflects the current library’s theme for that year?
2.) Have a reading theme?
3.) None of the above?

Thanking you in advance.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Love to get those answers myself Ken.

Don
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
My experience is that having a reading theme or having the current theme will give you a leg up on competition from other magicians that don't have a them but it's not really a pre-requisite to booking library shows. Librarians are most interested in drawing large numbers of children into the library, who will hopefully check out books. Having a reading theme or the current won't increase your attendance when you return. Having a good show will.

That said, it appears that the vast majority of performers that work library shows do incorporate the yearly theme and it would seem to be necessary to do the same if you are competing against them. I have one library system that I have worked with for 12 years. The prior magician did not do a themed show and was quite popular. He left the area suddenly and I replaced him.

The first year, I did not use a theme because I didn't have time to prepare. (His departure occurred very suddenly.) The librarians really like me so I'm not sure I have to use the current theme but I have done so every year since to give them the most value. The librarians do notice that I am using the theme and they do like it. (Of course, drawing big crowds is what they really notice!)
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Offer a free giveaway to every child for each book they take out. This can be a penny trick (if you have them). They borrow a book, bring it back to you after the show. You look at the stamp and check the date, then they get a free trick. The more books they take out, the more tricks they can get (if you have several different ones available).

Obviously this tactic would depend on you having cheap giveaways (with your contact details on off course), but ensures that a good number of books are taken out, the library like you and the kids all get a souvenir as a reward for reading, and your promotional stuff in their hands.

Its a win-win situation and usually gets repeat work from both the library and the children's parents.

Steve
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Some librarians don't track # of books, but rather time spent reading. The main reason is that some kids were reading books below their level, in order to claim prizes quickly and easily. The other reason was because each child reads at a different pace.

--> Read more.

Prize incentives can still work. But it doesn't have to be about volume of books.

- Donald

P.S. Ken, I don't do many library shows, but I do watch what other entertainers do. They market by mail, by fax, through referrals, and at showcases. They sometimes take their time to build some rapport, in order to get in (sometimes there is no quick solution). They research their customers and find out the outcomes they want, and then show ways that they meet those outcomes. They market at the right time for the customer. They also market with the right offer and the right price.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
My experience has been "yes" to both.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Just completed my summer run of libraries. And I would say without a doubt yes to both. They want a great show that will hold the attention of a 3 year old to the adults. They do like hearing about reading and they do like seeing the theme used.

Ken
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Ken,

Funny you should drop by. You were partly my inspiration for this topic after seeing your Facebook post the other day about just completing 82 library shows! I said to myself, ‘I want to be just like Ken Scott.’ Smile Heck, I already have the right first name!

The other inspiration came from a library show I did last week. I absolutely love the venue and decided I want to do more of them. I generally book between 5 and 10 libraries per year. I do not have a theme and I don’t market them aggressively.

My motivation behind this post is to make sure the product is right first, then I’ll go about the marketing plan.

Thanks again to you all.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Having discussed this topic with numerous KIDabra members, Here is what the successful Library entertainer have to say.

1. The National theme is published a year in advance and it is much easier to market a show which is focused on that National Theme.

2. The more an entertainer focuses on the importance of reading or points out books within the library, including the magic book section 793.8 the more satisfied the librarians are.

3. Whatever the theme is there are books related to that theme, us it in your show, and point out other related books, in a fun way.
Dennis Michael
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
We don't have library seasons in the UK like you do in the states. I have been booked to do library shows in the past, but it was for just 9 libraries and the fee was half of my standard Birthday party fee. And even then I was the dearest of all the artists they had in that year, which included storytellers, animal workshops and mad science groups (yes even they had gone out for less money than me).

So the money is most definitely not the same, and I don't consider the idea of Library shows in our country an option as in most cases it was going to cost more getting to the library than what the fee was.

But I make this post particularly about travel. Because Ken's 82 libraries means he has had to travel miles and miles, days at a time to get to some of them.
There are 9 libraries within my working area and I can't image it being much different across the towns of Atlanta. If your willing to market to places that far away, and are willing to travel great distances to a gig, then I'm sure we can all get lots and lots of shows. But the questions becomes, is it worth it?

Ken - I know I've asked this before from you, but I'll ask it again if I may. How far did you have to travel for some of those shows and how long did it take? Did you have to stay in hotels and were you able to supplement your income with BOR sales?

Steve
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2010-07-30 13:46, ku7uk3 wrote:

But I make this post particularly about travel. Because Ken's 82 libraries means he has had to travel miles and miles, days at a time to get to some of them.
There are 9 libraries within my working area and I can't image it being much different across the towns of Atlanta. If your willing to market to places that far away, and are willing to travel great distances to a gig, then I'm sure we can all get lots and lots of shows. But the questions becomes, is it worth it?

You either need to expand your working area or move to a more literate area. There are at least 74 libraries within an hours drive from my house. Add another half hour to that and the number easily goes up to a hundred or more.

Of course you're not going to book every library every year. but there's been times I've done thirty or forty of the local libraries during their summer reading program.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
There are 9 libraries within my working area and I can't image it being much different across the towns of Atlanta.

In my home state there are 642 libraries, all pretty much within four hours, about 3/4 within 2 hours.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Within 2 hours drive from me there are about 1.2 billion libraries. Ok I haven't actually counted, but I have more than 9 within walking distance from me. This summer I've done about 18 libraries, and that is as a new performer with barely adequate marketing. An established pro with quality marketing could do absolutely TONS of business around here (and, as a matter of fact, they do!)
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
So I guess the lack of a library season in the UK is explained by a lack of libraries, along with money (and other entertainers willing to work at cheaper rates).

However from what you have said, it can take over 4 hours to get to a booking to do a 1 hour show? It still sounds too much trouble for my taste. I turn all work down now that has more than 45 minutes travel time. It means I can fit more shows in a day if that time isn't spent travelling. But more importantly, I hate driving for longer than that.

On average, how big of an area do you try to cover? Not just with library shows, but on birthday parties and school Christmas shows.

I'm a full-time pro and I only market to around 30 miles of my home, and as previously said turn work away that requires travelling for longer than 45 minutes. I'm still doing 7 shows a week on average.

Is that the same for you guys?
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
I'm a full-time pro and I only market to around 30 miles of my home, and as previously said turn work away that requires travelling for longer than 45 minutes. I'm still doing 7 shows a week on average.

Wow, sounds good to me. I'll pretty much take anything within two hours, but I'm a beginner. What types of shows do you mostly do? schools? birthdays?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Nationwide, coast to coast in the U.S. (about 3000 miles) and Canada occasionally.
Farther if the price is right.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
My year breakdowns roughly as follows:

Birthday parties & Christenings every weekend. This averages out to 2 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday for January to May. Then goes to 2 shows on both Saturday and 2 on Sunday for July-August. For September to December is can be 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday, but is often close-up as the third show in the night.

School shows in December with the Christmas theme sees me doing at least one show a day. Educational Shows in Schools throughout the year are not as often, about once a month.

Then I usually get hired to do a series of after-school club workshops. This year I did two sets of 6-week magic workshops in 2 schools, and in September I'm starting a 6-week Circus School workshop in another school.

Between them, I get close-up gigs on weeknights. Usually just once a week and most recently have turned into more parlour style. These are for adult 40th Birthdays etc.

Amongst all them, I also get booked for End-of-school parties, Easter parties, Halloween parties, Weddings, School Proms and festivals and fun-days. I am performing in the same venue, for the same event for two different groups next week who have hired me to perform in the local town centre as their 'big' attraction to support some festival. They did not know they had both hired me until they saw each others posters!

It gets busier at Christmas, but over the course of the year it average out to 7 shows a week.

Here's a tip for you I was going to put on the new DVD. Get a list of all religious holidays and ethnic festival dates. Then send a letter out to all religious temples that follow that particular religion a few months prior to the date. They will book you as entertainment for the event. Make sure you research a little about the festival though as some of those events require no electricity and no balloons. You might also have to keep some of the tricks you normally do in the box, just to keep them happy.

There is a religious festival every week but it can take a bit of time sourcing the date and where to send the letter to. But once you've done it the first year, repeat bookings are natural as they know you, and know you can accommodate their religious theme, unlike any other entertainer they know.
In which case, try to modify a few tricks to follow their belief system as that helps.

And while I never bring up religion with them, they have on occasion tried to find out my beliefs. Be ready to change conversation quickly if that happens or pretend to be one of them. I never do that (personal moral system), but I'm sure if you lied and pretended to follow their religion, it would bring in even more work. But that's up to you. All I'm saying is be prepared for the conversation.

But its a great market with tons of works and most of it is very close to your home.

Steve
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Steve it appears we may be on different tracks? In the state of GA there are almost over 750 libraries. Yes sometimes I drive over 3 hours to get to one but I book many of them and not just one, making it a small tour. while I read your breakdown of shows it appears to be very different here in the states.

1st I don't do birthdays in the summer and if I did they would for the most part be on weekends only (sometimes there are a few on weekdays). So the library season fills in the gaps for me in the summer. You see for school shows it is a 9 months of possible shows. It seems you do more of the end of the year parties at schools. Libraries is also a place where I sell BOR and make a ton of money and it also is a place where I can showcase in front of teachers (with their kids) who are out for the summer and for parents who are involved in the kids school as a PTA or PTO person.

For birthdays I only travel in the Atlanta area. For schools and libraries I travel the whole state.

Anyway I got a little experience doing the libraries shows (17th year) and I know how it works FOR ME. Now what works for me will not work for everyone. For me its about planting that seed for future shows.

Steve I hope this makes since.
Ken
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
KIDabra President, Mark Daniels travels up and down the east cost in at least 13 states performing for libraries and schools. He makes a living doing this and yes, he spends a lot of time on the road.

Like many who work distances, scheduling is critical in saving money. Also repeat business is there for those who are good at it.

I personally do not do libraries because I no longer want to create new shows every year. Anyone planning to do this needs a successful library format so changing the show is a plug and play method. The how to do that is pretty much guarded by the performers, however, at the International KIDabra Conference, this was well explained.

If you are serious in this business, there are very few DVDs of these type shows.
See: KIDabra Library DVD
See: Ken Scott's (Performance Only) Library DVD
Dennis Michael
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2010-07-30 14:57, ku7uk3 wrote:

So I guess the lack of a library season in the UK is explained by a lack of libraries, along with money (and other entertainers willing to work at cheaper rates).

Lack of Libraries? The Manchester and NW Regional Library Web Page lists these

AUDENSHAWE LIBRARY
Manchester Road, M34. Tel:0161-370 4240 .

BARLOW MOOR LIBRARY
Merseybank Avenue, M21. Tel: 0161-446 2061.

BESWICK CULTURAL CENTRE
Grey Mare Lane, M11. Tel: 0161-223 9614.

BROADWALK LIBRARY, SALFORD
Broadwalk, M6. Tel: 0161-737 5802.

BROUGHTON LIBRARY, SALFORD
Bury New Road, M7. Tel: 0161-792 6640.

BURNAGE LIBRARY
Burnage Lane, M19. Tel: 0161-442 9036.

CADISHEAD LIBRARY
Liverpool Road, M44. Tel: 0161-775 3457.

CHARLESTOWN LIBRARY
Cromwell Road, M6. Tel: 0161-736 1936.

CHORLTON-CUM-HARDY
Manchester Road, M21. Tel: 0161-881 3179.

CLIFTON LIBRARY
Community Centre, Wynne Avwenue, M27.
Tel: 0161-794 1591.

CRUMPSALL LIBRARY
Abraham Moss Centre, M8. Tel: 0161-721 4555.

DAVYHULME LIBRARY
Hayeswater Road, M41. Tel: 0161-748 4949.

DELAMERE TOY & TAPE LIBRARY
Delamere Special School, M41. Tel: 0161-336 8234.

DIDSBURY LIBRARY
Wilmslow Road, M20. Tel: 0161-445 3220.

DROYLSDEN LIBRARY
Manchester Road, M43. Tel: 0161-370 1282.

FALLOWFIELD LIBRARY
Platt Lane, M14. Tel: 0161-224 4153/0444.

FIRSWOOD LIBRARY
Great Stone Road, Stretford, M32. Tel: 0161-881 2709.

FLIXTON LIBRARY
Brook Road, M41. Tel: 0161-748 2970.

GORTON LIBRARY
Garret Way, M18. Tel: 0161-223 0775.

HARPURHEY LIBRARY
Rochdale Road, M40. Tel: 0161-205 2637.

HAUGHTON GREEN LIBRARY, DENTON: Mancunian Road, M34. Tel: 0161-336 7193.

HEIGHT LIBRARY: King Street, M6. Tel: 0161-736 1907.

HIGHER BLACKLEY LIBRARY: Victoria Avenue, M9. Tel: 0161-740 1534.

HOPE LIBRARY, ECCLES: Eccles Old Road, M6. Tel: 0161-789 2896.

HULME LIBRARY: Hulme Walk, M15. Tel: 0161-226 1005.

IRLAM LIBRARY: Liverpool Road, M44. Tel: 0161-775 3566.

LEVENSHULME LIBRARY: Cromwell Grove, M19. Tel: 0161-224 2775.

LONGSIGHT LIBRARY: 519 Stockport Road, M12. Tel: 0161-224 1411.

LOSTOCK LIBRARY, STRETFORD: Barton Road, M32. Tel: 0161-865 1710.

MILES PLATTING LIBRARY: Varley Street, M40. Tel: 0161-205 8956 .

MOSTON LIBRARY: Moston Lane, M40. Tel: 0161-205 1064.

NEW MOSTON LIBRARY: Nuthurst Road, M40. Tel: 0161-688 6291.

NEWTON HEATH LIBRARY: Old Church Street, M40. Tel: 0161-688 8513 .

OLD TRAFFORD LIBRARY: Shrewsbury Street, M16. Tel: 0161-872 5402 .

ORDSALL LIBRARY, SALFORD: Tatton Street, M5. Tel: 0161-872 3884.

PARTINGTON LIBRARY: Central Road, M31. Tel: 0161-775 4207.

STRETFORD LIBRARY: Kingsway, M32. Tel: 0161-865 2218 .

SCHOOLS LIBRARY SERVICE: Education Centre, Broughton Road, M6. Tel: 0161-736 3375.

SWINTON AUDIO VISUAL SERVICE: Lancastrian Hall, Chorley Road, M6. Tel: 0161-793 3560.

TRAFFORD LIBRARIES, DAVYHULME: Hayeswater Road, M41. Tel: 0161-746 7345.

URMSTON LIBRARY: Crofts Bank Road, M41. Tel: 0161-748 0774.

WEST END LIBRARY, DENTON: Windsor Road, M34. Tel: 0161-336 2995.

WITHINGTON LIBRARY: Wilmslow Road, M20. Tel: 0161-445 1991/4103.

WOODSEND LIBRARY, FLIXTON: Woodsend Road, M41. Tel: 0161-747 6121.

WORKING CLASS MOVEMENT LIBRARY

WORSLEY VILLAGE LIBRARY: Worsley Road, M28. Tel: 0161-794 8750.

WYTHENSHAWE LIBRARY: The Forum, Leningrad Square, M22. Tel: 0161-437 8211.

Libraries in Greater Manchester Metropolitan Boroughs, Suburban & Regional Branches including Lancashire & Cheshire
These are Libraries which are located outside the City of Manchester boundary, and within other Greater Manchester Boroughs or the surrounding region.

Alphabetically listed:
ALDERLEY EDGE LIBRARY: Heyes Lane, Alderley Edge. Tel: 01625-58448.

ALTRINCHAM LIBRARY: 20 Stamford New Road, Altrincham. Tel: 0161-912 5920.

APPLEY BRIDGE
-- School Service, Shevington Library, Gathurst Lane, Shevington. Tel: 01257-253269.
-- Shevington Library, Gathurst Lane, Shevington. Tel: 01257-252618.

ASHTON-IN-MAKERFIELD LIBRARIES
-- Ashton-In-Makerfield Library, Wigan Road, Ashton-In-Makerfield. Tel: 01942-727119.
-- Garswood Library, School Lane, Garswood. Tel: 01942-728657.
-- Golborne Library, Tanners Lane, Golborne. Tel: 01942-720244.
-- Haydock East Library, Church Road, Haydock. Tel: 01942-714267.
See also: Wigan Libraries (below).

BILLINGE LIBRARY: Main Street, Billinge. Tel: 01744-892546.

BLACKROD BRANCH LIBRARY: Church Street, Blackrod. Tel: 01204-691041.

BOLLINGTON LIBRARY: Palmerston Street, Bollington, Cheshire. Tel: 01625-573058.

BOLTON CENTRAL LIBRARIES
-- General Enquiries: Tel: 01204-395 639/522 311.
-- Astley Bridge Library, Moss Bank Way, Bolton. Tel: 01204-301 140.
-- Bolton Central Library, Civic Centre, Le Mans Crescent, Bolton. Tel: 01204-391 591.
-- Bolton High Street Library, High Street, Bolton. Tel: 01204-524586.
-- Bolton Toy Library, The Childrens Centre, Devonshire Road. Tel: 01204-849 928.
-- Breightmet Library, Breightmet Drive, Bolton. Tel: 01204-332352.
-- Bromley Cross Library, Toppings Estate, Bromley Cross. Tel: 01204-303 474.
-- Deane Library, Horsfield Street, Bolton. Tel: 01204-64617
-- Farnworth Library, Market Street, Farnworth. Tel: 01204-72790.
-- Great Lever Library, Bradford Road, Bolton. Tel: 01204-522 568.
-- Halliwell Library, Hatfield Road, Bolton. Tel: 01204-842 563.
-- Harwood Library, Gate Fold. Tel: 01204-304 565.
-- Heaton Library, New Hall Lane. Tel: 01204-842 261.
-- Kearsley Library, Oakes Street, Kearsley. Tel: 01204-72764.
-- Little Lever Library, Coronation Square, Little Lever. Tel: 01204-71115.
-- Marsh Lane Library, Marsh Lane, Farnworth. Tel: 01204-71457.
-- New Bury Library, George Street, Farnworth. Tel: 01204-73225
-- Schools Library Service, Castle Hill Centre, Castleton Street. Tel: 01204-525 372.
-- Tonge Moor Library, Tonge Moor Road, Bolton. Tel: 01204-521 394.

BOOTHSTOWN LIBRARY: Standfield Centre, Manchester M28. Tel: 0161-799 6549.

BRAMHALL LIBRARY: See Stockport Libraries (below)

BRAZLEY LIBRARY: Cedar Avenue, Horwich. Tel: 01204-696971.

BROOKLANDS LIBRARY: Maple Road, M23. Tel: 0161-973 7996.

BURY LIBRARIES
-- (Admin), Manchester Road, Bury. Tel: 0161-705 5862.
-- Brandlesholme Library, Playaway Centre, Brandlesholme Rd, Bury BL8 1HS. Tel: 0161-764 2731.
-- Bury Central Library, Manchester Road, BL9 0DG. Tel: 0161-253 5872.
-- Castle Leisure Library, Castle Leisure Centre, Bolton Street, Bury BL9 0EZ. Tel: 0161-253 5560.
-- Moorside Library, St John's Church Hall, Parkinson Street, Bury BL9 6NY. Tel: 0161-253 6471.
-- Prestwich Library, Longfield Centre, Prestwich M25 1AY. Tel: 0161-253 7214.
-- Radcliffe Library, Stand Lane, Radcliffe M26 1NW. Tel: 0161-253 7160.
-- Ramsbottom Library, Carr Street, Ramsbottom, Bury BL0 9AE. Tel: 01706-822484.
-- South Cross Street Library, 90 South Cross Street, Bury BL9 0RS. Tel: 0161-253 6079.
-- Topping Fold Library, 36 Topping Fold Road, Bury BL9 7NG. Tel: 0161-253 6361.
-- Tottington Library, Market Street, Tottington, Bury BL8 3LN. Tel: 01204-882839.
-- Unsworth Library, Sunnybank Road, Bury BL9. Tel: 0161-766 5568.
-- Whitefield Library, Pinfold Lane, Whitefield M45 7NY. Tel: 0161-253 7510.

BUXTON LIBRARY: Kents Bank Road, Buxton. Tel: 01298-25331.

CHAPEL-EN-LE-FRITH LIBRARY: Town Hall, Chapel-en-le-Frith. Tel: 01298-812212.

CULCHETH LIBRARY: Warrington Road, Culcheth. Tel: 01925-763293.

DISLEY LIBRARIES
-- Disley Library, Buxton Old Road, Disley, Derbyshire. Tel: 01663-765635.
-- High Lane Library, Buxton Road, High Lane, Derbys. Tel: 01663-765519.

GLOSSOP LIBRARIES
-- Amesley Community Library, 4 Grindleford Grove, Glossop, Derbys. Tel: 01457-860041.
-- Glossop Library, Victoria Hall, Talbot Street, Glossop. Tel: 01457-852616.

HALE LIBRARY: See Trafford Libraries (below)

HANDFORTH LIBRARY: The Green, Wilmslow Road, Handforth. Tel: 01625-528062.

HORWICH LIBRARY: Jones Street, Horwich. Tel: 01204-697834.

KNUTSFORD LIBRARY: Brook Street, Knutsford. Tel: 01565-632909.

LEIGH LIBRARY: Civic Square, Market Street, Leigh. Tel: 01942-604131.

LITTLEBOROUGH LIBRARIES: See Rochdale Libraries (below)

LITTLE HULTON LIBRARY: Longshore Drive, Manchester M38. Tel: 0161-790 4201.

MACCLESFIELD LIBRARIES
-- Hurdsfield Library, 7 Hurdsfield Green, Hurdsfield. Tel: 01625-423788.
-- Macclesfield Library, Jordengate, Macclesfield, Cheshire. Tel: 01625-422512.

MIDDLETON LIBRARIES: See Rochdale Libraries (below)

MOSSLEY LIBRARIES: See Tameside Libraries (below)

NEW MILLS LIBRARIES
-- Hayfield Library, Kinder Road, Hayfield. Tel: 01663-743508.
-- New Mills Library, Hall Street, New Mills. Tel: 01663-743603.

OLDHAM LIBRARIES
-- Oldham Library, Union Street, Oldham, OL1. Tel: 0161-911 4643/4634.
-- Alt Library, Abbeyhills Road, Oldham, OL8. Tel: 0161-633 1085.
-- Broadway Library, Broadway, Chadderton, OL9. Tel: 0161-624 7866.
-- Chadderton Library, Middleton Road, OL9. Tel: 0161-665 2225.
-- Fitton Hall Library, Fir Tree Avenue, Oldham, OL8. Tel: 0161-633 2011.
-- Lees Library, Thomas Street, Lees, OL4. Tel: 0161-633 5764.
-- Limeside Library, Elm Road, Oldham OL8. Tel: 0161-624 0351.
-- Local Studies Library, 84 Union Street, Oldham, OL1. Tel: 0161-678 4654.
-- North Moor Library, Chadderton Way, Chadderton, OL9. Tel: 0161-633 1168.
-- Royton Library, Rochdale Road, Royton, OL2. Tel: 0161-665 2226.
-- Stoneleigh Library, Vulcan Street, Oldham, OL1. Tel: 0161-626 8455.

PARBOLD LIBRARY: The Common, Parbold. Tel: 01257-463769.

POYNTON LIBRARY: Park Lane, Poynton, Cheshire. Tel: 01625-876257.

PRESTBURY LIBRARY: The Village, Prestbury. Tel: 01625-827501.

RAMSBOTTOM LIBRARIES: See Bury Libraries (above)

ROCHDALE LIBRARIES
-- Alkrington Library, Kirkway, Middleton M24 1LW. Tel: 0161-643 7799
-- Balderstone Library, Platting Lane, Rochdale 0L11 2HD. Tel: 01706-640 438.
-- Belfield Community Library, Samson Street, Rochdale 0L16 2XW. Tel: 01706-341 364.
-- Castleton Library, 881 Manchester Road, Rochdale. Tel: 01706-633 430.
-- Darnhill Branch Library, Argyle Parade, Heywood OL10 3RY. Tel: 01706-368142
-- Heywood Central Library, Church St, Heywood OL10 1LL. Tel: 01706-360 947.
-- Langley Library, Windermere Road, Middleton M24 3PY. Tel: 0161-654 8911.
-- Littleborough Library, Harehill Park, Littleborough OL15 9HE. Tel: 01706-378 219.
-- Middleton Junction Library, 282 Grimshaw Lane,Middleton M24 2AL. Tel: 0161-654 8910.
-- Middleton Library, Long Street, Middleton M24 6DU. Tel: 0161-643 5228.
-- Milnrow Library, Newhey Road, Milnrow, Rochdale OL16 3PS. Tel: 01706-41563.
-- Norden Library, Edenfield Road, Rochdale 0L11 5XE. Tel: 01706-631 544.
-- Rochdale Housebound Library Service. Tel: 01710-864 917.
-- Rochdale Library, The Esplanade, Rochdale. Tel: 01706-864 900. Renewals 01706-864 921.
-- Rochdale Mobile Library. Tel: 01706-864917.
-- Rochdale Reference Library. Tel: 01706-864914.
-- Smallbridge Library, Stevenson Square, Rochdale 0L12 9SA. Tel: 01706-659 978.
-- Smithybridge Library, 121-3 Smithybridge Road, Littleborough OL15 0BQ. Tel: 01706-378 281.
-- Spotland Library, Ings Lane, Rochdale 0L12 7AL. Tel: 01706-648 505.
-- Sudden Library, 391-3 Manchester Road, Rochdale 0L11 3PG. Tel: 01706-633 415.
-- Wheatsheaf Library, Wheatsheaf Centre, Baillie St, Rochdale 0L16 1JZ. Tel: 01706-864 992.
-- Wardle Library, 448 Birch Road, Wardle, Rochdale OL12 9LH. Tel: 01706-377 476.

ROSSENDALE LIBRARIES
-- Bacup Library, St James Square, Bacup, Lancs OL13 9NH. Tel: 01706-873 324.
-- Crawshawbooth Library, Adelaide Street BB4 8PW. Tel:01706-224269.
-- Haslingden Library, Deardengate BB4 5QL . Tel: 01706-215690.
-- Helmshore Library, Broadway Crescent. Tel: 01706-830429.
-- Rawtenstall Library, Rawtenstall BB4 6QU. Tel: 01706-227911.
-- Waterfoot Library, Bridgend House, Bacup Road BB4 7AW . Tel: 01706-227693.

SADDLEWORTH LIBRARIES
-- Delph Library, Millgate, Delph. Tel: 01457-874381.
-- Greenfield Library, Ladhill Lane, Greenfield. Tel: 01457-872472.
-- Uppermill Library, St Chads Crescent, High Street, Uppermill. Tel: 01457-872777.

SALE LIBRARIES
-- Coppice Avenue Library, Coppice Avenue, Sale, M33. Tel: 0161-973 7658.
-- Sale Library, Tatton Road, Sale, M33. Tel: 0161-973 3142.

SALFORD LIBRARIES
-- Boothstown Library, Community Centre, Standfield Drive M28 1NB. Tel: 0161-799 6549.
-- Broadwalk Library, Hankinson Way, Salford M6. Tel: 0161-737 5802.
-- Broughton Library, Bury New Road, Salford M7. Tel: 0161-792 6640.
-- Cadishead Library, 126 Liverpool Road, Cadishead M44 5AN. Tel: 0161-775 3457.
-- Charlestown & Lower Kersal Library, Albion High School, 1 London Street, Salford M6 6QT .
Tel: 0161-921 1236. Fax: 0161-921 1276.
-- Clifton Library, Community Centre, 6 Wynne Avenue, Clifton M27 8FU. Tel: 0161-794 1591.
-- Eccles Library, Church Street, Eccles M30. Tel: 0161-789 1430. Fax: 0161-787 8430.
-- Height Library, King Street, Salford M6. Tel: 0161-736 1907.
-- Height Library, King Street, Salford M6 7GY. Tel: 0161-736 1907.
-- Hope Library, Eccles Old Road, SalfordM6 8FH. Tel: 0161-921 2185.
-- Irlam Library, Hurst Fold, Liverpool Road, Irlam M44 6FD. Tel: 0161-775 3566.
-- Little Hulton Library, Longshaw Drive, Little Hulton M28 0AZ. Tel: 0161-790 4201.
-- Ordsall Library, Ordsall Neighbourhood Office, Robert Hall St, Salford M5 3LT. Tel: 0161-603 4097.
-- Swinton Library, Lancastrian Hall, Chorley Road, Salford M27. Tel: 0161-793 3560 (Adults).
Tel: 0161-793 3570 (Children). Fax: 0161-727 7071.
-- Walkden Library, Memorial Road, Walkden M28 3AQ. Tel: 0161-790 4579.
-- Winton Library, Old Parrin Lane, Winton, Eccles M30 8BY. Tel: 0161-921 2180.

SANDIWAY LIBRARY: Mere Lane, Cuddington. Tel: 01606-888065.

SHAW-CROMPTON LIBRARY: Farrow Street, Shaw, Nr Oldham. Tel: 01706-842184.

STANDISH LIBRARY: Cross Street, Standish. Tel: 01257-421755.

STOCKPORT LIBRARIES
All branches Tel: 0845 644 4307
-- Bredbury Library, George Lane, SK6.
-- Brinnington Library, The Arcade, Brinnington, Stockport SK5 8LP.
-- Bramhall Library, Bramhall Lane, Bramhall, Stockport SK7 2DU.
-- Cheadle Hulme Library, Mellor Road, Stockport SK8.
-- Cheadle Library, Ashfield Road, SK8.
-- Dialstone Library, Dialstone Centre, Lisburne Lane, SK2.
-- Edgeley Library, Edgeley Road, SK4.
-- Great Moor Library, Gladstone Street, SK2.
-- Hazel Grove Library, Beech Avenue, SK7.
-- Heald Green Library, Finney Lane, SK8.
-- Heatons Library, Thornfield Road, SK4.
-- High Lane Library, Buxton Road, High Lane, Stockport SK6 8DX.
-- Marple Library, Marple Memorial Park, SK6.
-- Reddish Library, Gorton Road, SK5.
-- Stockport Central Library, Wellington Road South, Stockport SK1.

TAMESIDE LIBRARIES
-- Denton Library, Peel Street, Denton M34 3JY. Tel: 0161-336 8234 or 0161-320 3202.
-- Droylsden Library, Manchester Road, Droylsden M43 6EP. Tel: 0161-370 1282.
-- Dukinfield Library, Concord Way, Dukinfield, SK16. Tel: 0161-330 3257.
-- Haughton Green Library, Mancunian Road, Denton M34 1NP. Tel: 0161-336 7193.
-- Hurst Library, Hurst Cross, Queens Road, Ashton-u-Lyne OL6 8EW. Tel: 0161-330 3750.
-- Hyde Library, Union Street, SK14. Tel: 0161-368 2447/ 0909.
-- Mossley Library, Wyre Street, Mossley OL5 0EU. Tel: 01457 832467.
-- Mottram Library, Broadbottom Road, Hyde. Tel: 01457 764144.
-- Newton Library, Talbot Road, Hyde, SK14. Tel: 0161-366 0290.
-- Ridge Hill Library, Ambleside, Stalybridge, SK15. Tel: 0161-338 4312.
-- Stalybridge Library, Trinity Street, Stalybridge, SK15 2BN. Tel: 0161-338 2708 or 0161-338 3831.
-- Tameside Central Library, Old Street, Ashton-u-Lyne OL6 7SG. Tel: 0161-342 2029/2030.
-- Tameside Local Studies & Archive Unit, Old Street, Ashton-u-Lyne OL6 7SG. Tel: 0161-342 4242 .
-- West End Library, Windsor Road, Denton M34 2HB. Tel: 0161-336 2995.

TODMORDEN LIBRARIES
-- Todmorden Library, The Strand, Rochdale Road. Tel: 01706-815600.
-- Walsden Library, Inchfield Road, Todmorden. Tel: 01706-815602.

TRAFFORD LIBRARIES
Email: libraries@trafford.gov.uk.
-- Altrincham Library, 20 Stamford New Road, Altrincham WA14 1EJ. Tel: 0161-912 5920.
-- Bowfell Library, Urmston Leisure Centre, Bowfell Road, Urmston M41 5RR. Tel: 0161-912 2939.
-- Coppice Library, Coppice Avenue, Sale M33 4ND. Tel: 0161-912 3560.
-- Davyhulme Library, Hayeswater Road, Davyhulme, M41 7BL. Tel: 0161-912 2880.
-- Greatstone Library, Stretford Leisure Centre, Greatstone Road, M32 0ZS. Tel: 0161-912 4815.
-- Hale Library, Leigh Road, Hale WA15 9BG. Tel: 0161-912 5966.
-- Kings Road School Community Library, Kings Road, Stretford M16 0GR. Tel: 0161-912 5150.
-- Lostock School & Community Library, Selby Road, Stretford M32 9PL. Tel: 0161-912 5226.
-- Mobile Library, c/o Coppice Library, Coppice Avenue, Sale M33 4ND. Tel: 0161-912 3011.
-- Old Trafford Library, Shrewsbury Street, Old Trafford M16 9AX. Tel: 0161-912 4650.
-- Online Learning Tel: 0161-976 1234.
-- Partington Library, Central Road, Partington M31 4EL. Tel: 0161-912 5450.
-- Sale Library, Sale Waterside, Sale M33 7ZF. Tel: 0161-912 3008.
-- Stretford Library, Kingsway, Stretford M32 8AP. Tel: 0161-912 5150.
-- Timperley Library, 405 Stockport Road, Timperley WA15 7XR. Tel: 0161-912 5600.
-- Trafford Direct Tel: 0161-912 2000.
-- Trafford Local Studies Tel: 0161-912 3013.
-- Urmston Library, Crofts Bank Road, Urmston M41 OTZ. Tel: 0161-912 2727.
-- Woodsend Library, Woodsend Road, Flixton M41 8GN. Tel: 0161-912 2919.

UPHOLLAND LIBRARY: Hall Green, Upholland. Tel: 01695-622368.

WESTHOUGHTON LIBRARY: Library Street, Westhoughton. Tel: 01942-811939.

WHALEY BRIDGE LIBRARY: Mechanics Inst., Market Street, Whaley Bridge. Tel: 01663-732480.

WIGAN LIBRARIES
-- Abram Library, Vicarage Road, Abram WN2 5QX . Tel: 01942-866 350.
-- Ashton-in-Makerfield Library, Wigan Road, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan WN4 9BH.
Tel: 01942-727 119 Fax: 01942-276 121.
-- Aspull Library, Oakfield Crescent, Aspull, Wigan WN2 1XJ. Tel: 01942-831303.
-- Atherton Library, York Street, Atherton M46 9JH. Tel: 01942-404 817.
-- Beech Hill Library, Buckley Street West, Wigan WN6 7PQ. Tel: 01942-747 750.
-- Golborne Library, Tanners Lane, Golborne WA3 2AW. Tel: 01942-777 800.
-- Hindley Library, Market Street, Hindley, Wigan WN2 3AN. Tel: 01942-255 287.
-- Hindley Library, Market Street, Hindley. Tel: 01942-255287.
-- Ince Library, Ince Green Lane, Ince WN2 2AT. Tel: 01942-324 423.
-- Leigh Library, Turnpike Centre, Civic Sq, Market St, Leigh WN7 1EB. Tel: 01942-404 404.
-- Marsh Green Library, Harrow Road WN5 0QL. Tel: 01942-760 041.
-- Orrell Library, Orrell Road, Wigan WN5 8LY. Tel: 01942-705 760.
-- Shevington Library, Gathurst Lane, Shevington, Wigan WN6 8HA. Tel: 01257-252 618.
-- Standish Library, Cross Street, Standish, Wigan WN6 0HQ. Tel: 01257-400 496.
-- Tyldesley Library, Stanley Street, Tyldesley M29 8AH. Tel: 01942-404 738.
-- Wigan Library, College Avenue, Wigan WN1 1NN.
Tel (info): 01942-827 619. (Lending): 01942-827 621.Fax: 01942-827 640.
Email: Wigan.Library@wlct.org.

WHITWORTH LIBRARY: Lloyd Street, Whitworth. Tel: 01706-853 261.

WILMSLOW LIBRARY: South Drive, Wilmslow. Tel: 01625-528 977

Looks like more than 9 to me Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Booking numerous library shows (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL