The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Protoplasm by Christian Painter. Finally! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
I'm a little late to the party here..but..I have the book..it is fantastic.

I also had the privilege to see him and his wife lecture at Denny and Lee's. It was one of the best lectures I have seen. Christian and his wife performed effects from the book, told stories, and gave real world advise about performing in the real world.

This was just as much a show as it was lecture. Taking questions and riffing with the audience was second nature to this couple. Their take on what mentalism really is was surprising.

I was totally engrossed in his take on contracts, riders, disclaimers, and booking. If you are a worker or want to be...I would make this lecture.

He ended with a story that had even jaded mentalists spitting up soda and coffee with laughter.

How good was this...they received a standing ovation at the end of the lecture.

Their next lecture is at the "Magic on the Beach" convention. I wish I could make it as it looks like a great line up of talent...but I will be out of the country.

PS I looked at John Sergott's post and saw that they are lecturing at Marc Desousa's but I was told it is sold out.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Go to bob littles on sunday 11/22 to see them next
Frank
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 19:50, squando wrote:
Go to bob littles on sunday 11/22 to see them next

11/22 is a Monday. I take it you mean Sunday, 11/21?
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
How difficult are most of the routines presented in this book? In other words is there much use of advanced sleights?

I know Mentalism in and of itself is a very demanding performing art. I am just curious as to the difficulty level of the actual methods at play here.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Few sleights are involved, none of which are particularly challenging.
Dick Christian
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Thanks, I just placed an order after reading all of the great reviews on here.
Federico Soldati
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
132 Posts

Profile of Federico Soldati
I got Protoplasm and I consider it to be one of my best purchase of 2011.
Christian explains every detail with a lot of care and the effects are powerful.
I love 30 seconds… the presentation and the plot are very entertaining!

Well done Christian. Highly recommended!

Federico
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Protoplasm is definitely one of my best purchases of the year also! Just a quick question....one of the effects in the book requires a h###er wallet,i don't like the size of it and wondered would I be able to use outlaw effects ' hideout' wallet instead?

Kieran
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
Protoplasm can be purchased as a 133-page download via iBooks on an iOS device or via iTunes on a computer. iTunes states it "can only be viewed using iBooks on an iPad, iPhone (3G or later), or iPod touch (2nd generation or later)."
Dave

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/protoplasm/id443359932?mt=11
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Great book---highly recommended
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I did not know this was a for general public book and because of that the Jinx broadcast link will be dissabled.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=15&0

J ack

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
What the /$;?! Can Christian told us what that book is doing on itunes store, offer to the general public ???
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
Quote:
On 2012-08-26 21:02, Stefmagic wrote:
What the /$;?! Can Christian told us what that book is doing on itunes store, offer to the general public ???

Hmmm... no doubt I'm missing something here. Why the accusatory tone? Protoplasm is also available in paperback format on Lulu.com, a HUGE public website. No secret about this. In a Google search, the Lulu and iTunes offerings are listed second and third respectively (after Magic Café postings). Are you upset that this great material is now available as an ebook (for less cost) or that you're just now learning about its availability to the "general public?" Why should Christian have to defend to you or anyone else where he chooses to sell his book?
http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/christian......145.html

Dave
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
His book he can sell it where he likes.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Just noticed that the second half of my post did not make it through the digital veil.

I will be reposting it to another location and will post the link in a non-open forum.

Best Wishes,

J ***
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of tricky360
What a great book, great presentational patter and hooks to each effect.
Well worth the small amount it's selling for, highly recommended.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Just ordered it - great price on Lulu currently.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Protoplasm by Christian Painter. Finally! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL