The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Handicap Show and Questions from Audience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leinadnallareyem
View Profile
New user
Glendora, CA
35 Posts

Profile of leinadnallareyem
I did a show at my sisters workplace which happend to be a living facility for handicap adults. The audience was mostly down syndrome. My stepson was down so I was quite cofortable and confident I would amaze all.

After the show I invited them to come up and ask me questions.Three of four people came to me. One man asked "Do you know David Copperfield?" I replied that "I have watched David on television" He asked me "I saw David Copperfiled on TV and he made the Statue of Liberty dissapear. If I go to New York City will the Statue of Libity be there?" I answered "When you watched David Copperfield make the Statue of Liberty disapear did he not make it re-apear?" He thought then said "Yes" He then asked me to do a trick by David Copperfiled. I saw David do this on the Larry King show. The rubber band penitration. I asked my sister for two rubber bands and then performed the rubber band penitration. A few moments later the man with the Statue of Liberty question came to me and he gave me a gift. It was a pipe cleaner ring he had made in art class. He pointed to the knot in the ring and he said "that can be a pearl" I cherish this ring as a magic symbol of what magic can bring to the awe in humanity.
Leinad
Leinad
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
That brought tears to my eyes, Leinad. In all my years of performing, I've never experienced that. How fortunate you are!

Best,

Doug
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Great work, leinadnallareyem! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Amazing... well done!!!
I'm happy for you.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Awesome story, thanks for sharing.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Handicap Show and Questions from Audience (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL