We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Talea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I will make the usual disclaimer here. I have written a routine for this wonderful new product from Christo Nicolle but have no commercial interest in the products since my efforts have already been compensated in a timely and professional manner.

Bizarrists will really enjoy this:

http://www.thaumaturgy.co.uk/shop/index.......temid=23

Enjoy!

Cheers

Dr Todd

PS> while you are there (http://www.thaumaturgy.co.uk/shop/) you may like some of his other items Smile
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Just for the record I am now the priud owner of TALEA and I must say it is an amazing prop with amazing routine/Story line by Dr. Todd Landman. Talea comes to you with a book that gives you the history behind this prop a history that is evil dark and chilling!
This is a perfect effect for the Bizarrist. I know it will leave the audience in a state of shock as they go to the deep dark place the performer takes them whilst demonstrating Talea.
I love it
Cheers
Roni
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I think one of these is on it's way over the pond to moi; looking forward to this it looks like a beautiful prop. Congrats Christo!
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
One is coming to Canada, eh! Was thinking of picking up the Scorpion, but, while both products look great,I like the look and story for Talea and fits with the rest of my aged bizarre props.
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Whoever was responsible in the introductory remarks for using "Magi" in the singular should be ashamed of yourself(ves).
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Thanks folks!

Roni, that's wonderful to hear!

I am thrilled you all love them!

So much work went into developing and researching these, and then even more went into making them so hearing those comments has already been worth it. Thank you.

And I can't say it enough, but a big thank you to Todd and Madelon for their expert contributions!

As soon as you folks start reading the real history behind this ancient object, it'll have you hooked! I was really pleased to hear that a gentleman is now making a detour on his European holiday as Talea has really grabbed his interest in The Blood Countess.

Luke, yours should be with you any day now buddy, provided those pesky Australian sniffer dogs haven't got the smell of 'age' mixed up with something else Smile

Good thoughts to all,

Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Quote:
On 2010-08-01 19:22, Robin DeWitt wrote:
Whoever was responsible in the introductory remarks for using "Magi" in the singular should be ashamed of yourself(ves).

Ashamed I was Robin...you should have seen how low my head was hung Smile All sorted now though.
Thaumaturge
Anansi
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Anansi
Just ordered it.

Looks gorgeous (can you say that about a stake?).
ars est celare artem
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Quote:
On 2010-08-01 19:53, Anansi wrote:
Just ordered it.

Looks gorgeous (can you say that about a stake?).

Yes. Yes you can Smile Thanks Anansi!
Thaumaturge
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi Christo -

That looks wonderful... and you entire site looks really neat! Way to go!

Great to see someone with great imagination creating such nice pieces!

Kindest regards,

Bruce
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Well, there are only 5 left of the original 'The Thirteen'. After that, it will be another month before the next set are ready, so take advantage of the special price and be the proud owner of one of the first while you can.

Thanks for all your support, floods of ideas, and great feedback!

Very good thoughts,

Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
I've just ordered this. Im looking forward to using it in a very special performance I have planned
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
On 2010-08-01 19:28, Thaumaturge wrote:
Luke, yours should be with you any day now buddy, provided those pesky Australian sniffer dogs haven't got the smell of 'age' mixed up with something else Smile

Thanks! Will post my thoughts when it arrives...
Anansi
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Anansi
So, I received mine this morning.

Thank you Christo for excellent customer service and a Gor-gee-ouss item.

It's packaged wonderfully and a joy to open (I won't spoil it for those who have one in the post). The heft of the item is satisfyingly solid and the business end looks plain nasty and does the job of focussing your thoughts on it's macabre history. The craftmanship is so that it really does come across as a single piece of Oak.
The booklet and routine included from Dr. Todd, are, as you might expect, delightfully heavy on detail and drama.

And with only 13 out there right now- it's a rare stake!

All in all, an obviously lovingly crafted piece of work.

I can't wait to try this Smile
ars est celare artem
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Quote:
On 2010-08-04 15:12, Anansi wrote:
So, I received mine this morning.

Thank you Christo for excellent customer service and a Gor-gee-ouss item.

It's packaged wonderfully and a joy to open (I won't spoil it for those who have one in the post). The heft of the item is satisfyingly solid and the business end looks plain nasty and does the job of focussing your thoughts on it's macabre history. The craftmanship is so that it really does come across as a single piece of Oak.
The booklet and routine included from Dr. Todd, are, as you might expect, delightfully heavy on detail and drama.

And with only 13 out there right now- it's a rare stake!

All in all, an obviously lovingly crafted piece of work.

I can't wait to try this Smile

My pleasure Anansi, and thank you for the wonderful comments, I'm thrilled you love it!...that makes me a very happy chappie.

Very good thoughts,

Christo
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Only 2 remaining of the very first 'The Thirteen'...
Thaumaturge
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Just ordered this. The combination of quality craftsmanship, awesome backstory, and Dr Todd's involvement make this a "must have" for me. I do think it's way to cheap, though!

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Correct you are Ben! I just posted this in the Reviews section. I don't do reviews very often but Talea inspired me!

------------------------------------------------------

Well, I received my Talea recently from Thaumaturgy. And what a stunning piece it is!

For those of you who don't know what Talea is you can find more information here:

Click here to go to the Talea page

Now this was my first foray into a 'smash and stab' routine. I've never been a big fan of them, mainly because I could never justify performing one. Without a reason for the prop (spike, nail etc.) to exist I saw no real point to the performance. Until Talea came along...

To quote Dr. Todd Landman (who contributed the wonderful routine that accompanies Talea):

“This is a serious piece from the dark history of Central Europe. It should not be performed as a 'smash and stab' routine.”

Eery, chilling and downright scary – if you perform Talea correctly your spectators will be engrossed, absorbed and enjoy the visceral feeling that Dr. Todd's routine creates.

Onto the product itself!

Talea arrived beautifully packaged; upon opening the parcel you immediately get a feel for the quality of the item and the amount of love and care that it's creator has put into it. The box containing the oak stake had been aged to perfection, and reason is given within the instruction manual as to why this particular box was used.

Onto the stake itself. It's perfect. Much care has been taken to replicate the aged look that a stake made from European oak would have gained over many years of handling. Everything down to the faint, dried, blood stained marks and musty smell have been added to ensure that when you present Talea to the audience they will believe that this in fact, the real deal.

The insides of Talea are hidden away seamlessly. You would not expect there to be such a powerful little m****t contained within, and it IS powerful. It is very easy to get a read on Talea from a good few inches away from the top of the stake. I was very impressed by this.

Christo provides a professionally bound instruction manual containing the amazing routine from Dr. Todd, as well as an in depth history of Elizabeth Bathory care of Madelon Hoedt. I would just like to add that I wish more creators would go to this much trouble with their product manuals, rather than stuffing in a set printed from their home computer. It was a joy to sit down and read the history of Elizabeth Bathory without having to worry about the book falling apart from one corner staple.

The response I have had so far from my performances has been incredible. Once you have delivered the chilling backstory of Bathory, people are apprehensive about even looking at the stake up close, let alone touching it. The beauty of this piece is that they can, and they can examine it all day with nothing to find.

I was highly impressed by the professionalism of this piece in terms of not only product but also accompanying materials and contributors. Thaumaturgy's customer service and attention to detail sets the benchmark for other creators of this style of product, and I can't believe that this is only one of Christo's first products.

If you are looking for a smash and stab style effect with a reason to exist, then look no further.

Highly recommended and a beautiful performance piece. Well done Christo!
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Can't wait.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Folks! Just amazing feedback! Thank you to you all! And thank you Luke and Anansi for your time in posting your thoughts. Very much appreciated.

There is only 1 Talea left. It will be another month before Set 2 is ready. Who will claim the 13th and final Talea from the very first set?
Thaumaturge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Talea (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL