The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Most impacting effect using a TT? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
For the gold fish production. Here's something that might interest you. Click here and look at the goldfish Production and half way down the page. It's a great thumb tip gimmick.

Now, let's not over look the old vanishing salt trick with the T tip. This can be played very big. Dave Williamson has a great salt routine with T tip and a coffee cup in his Sleight of Dave video. I'm not sure the name of it but it's a very fun trick.

i remember seeing an effect in one of the Thumb tip books (I forget the author) but it's with Skittles candy. The different colors are dropped into the cup. Two people pull out a piece and the colors always match. This is similar to an old trick with a paper bag and ping pong balls but it's in a smaller scale.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
I've heard of other people doing a card to inside of a salt shaker.

It sounds good... any references to learn this?
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Richard Osterlind's effect wherein a packet of sugar substitute is signed (wouldn't that preclude the use of substitutes?) crushed, torn open and inverted (the "sugar" is poured into your fist, followed by the balled up wrapper) and then all restored.

Check out John Born's "Matrix God's way" for an amazing take-off on the saltshaker under a napkin, and "oil and Water" done with salt and pepper. Forget the "Matrix" stuff, this is way cool.

Jimmy Yoshida's "Volcano" from the Darwin books. I used it for years on stage. It's a modern classic.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
As mentioned before - the Williamson effect with the salt vanishing and reappearing in a cup is a killer - he even kills magicians with it every time.

He has a video out called "another 30 minutes with D.W." and it is there - absolutely killed me. A must have. This is sleight of hand the way it SHOULD be.
I would also recommend the $100 bill switch.

n
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Two gems from Roger Klause; Sponge up the Sleeve and The Name's the Same. Both can be found in Ammar's Encore 3.
Dill's 3-silk routine indeed plays very well for family/party venues. So are his variations on spongeballs and TT.

I recently saw The Flicking Fingers movie where a very cool vanishing silk routine is done. Fools all of those who think they know!

Does anyone know if I can still get the sleight of Dave video somewhere?
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
187 Posts

Profile of preston91
Geoff Williams rabbit in the hat effect.Kids just love it when that little bunny comes out. Adults too.
In general, any effect done naturally with a nice story line...
Paul
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Where can one find this David Williamson Video? A Google search turned up no mention of it.

Quote:
On 2003-08-07 03:55, Nir Dahan wrote:
as mentioned before - the williamson effect with the salt vanishing and reappearing in a cup is a killer - he even kills magicians with it every time.
he has a video out called "another 30 minutes with D.W." and it is there - absolutely killed me. a must have. this is Sleight of hand the way it SHOULD be.
I would alos recommend the 100$ bill switch.

n
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Patrick Page has a descent video on the TT and he has a very nice steal which wipe that smirk off the faces of those dads in the audience that think they know what's going on.

The steal takes the Slydini steal one step further.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Kenn Capman
View Profile
Regular user
Southwestern Michigan
196 Posts

Profile of Kenn Capman
"Roger Klause: In Concert" has a great handling of the $100 bill switch in it.

He covers the basic handling and adds some nice touches that really strengthen the illusion.
"The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents."
- Salvador Dali -
cardican66
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
222 Posts

Profile of cardican66
Pulling the green silk fibers out of a dollar bill.
Regards,
LLoyd

Experience teaches only the teachable.
Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of John Born
Gotta check out SILVER SEASONING in "Matrix God's Way". It is a KILLER application perfect for an incredibly powerful set while dining in a restaurant or at someone's home. Smile
crazyhands
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of crazyhands
Disapearing bill
vanishing a lit cigarette.
snort and sweet (michael Ammar)
Burnt and restored hankee
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Mr. Born: where can 'Matrix God's Way' be located please ? Thank you.
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of John Born
Hi Nicodemus!

You can order it from me, as well as it is available at Steven's Magic Emporium, Denny & Lee's, Magic Music & More, and U.S. Toy Magic. You can read more about the effects in the book section of the Café', as well as an unbiased review at online-visions.com. Let me know if you have any questions...
Smile Smile Smile
Risto L.
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
174 Posts

Profile of Risto L.
Lately I have been playing with Phil Cass` "Fisherman's Wharf Special". The effect is straightforward and strong. With your sleeves rolled up, you pour a small amount of water or any liquid into one closed fist. It vanishes and reappears inside your other fist.
geeman
View Profile
New user
Kent, U.K.
5 Posts

Profile of geeman
I do a nice watch stop using a R.E.M. in the tip. You can pinch the watch at the fingers and hold it up as you stop it.
Make some cream form a plastic creamer vanish. Remember, surface tension is your friend!
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Vanishing a lit cigarette definitely has the most impact but there are many very cool things that can be done. Silk routine is one of them.

Here is a TT routine I do. This is just the basic idea. The sublties have been omited.

I have a bill signed and under the intention of doing a bill change from a dollar into a $5, it fails... so I proceed to tear the bill in half and then in half again to make 4 dollars in frustration. Then I burn the torn bills to ashes. I have someone select an orange from many in a bowl. I then produce the signed, torn and burned bill from that orange using a TT.
People go nuts!
Daniel Faith
Danny Magic
View Profile
New user
ca
30 Posts

Profile of Danny Magic
Lit cig vanish kills. Check out Geaton Blooms Ring flight type effect using a TT. This guys a fricken genius.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
My favorite effect with a TT is to have 2 spectators hold the corners of a 18" or 24" inch silk and then pushing a smaller 6" inch silk of a contrasting colour through the larger silks center center.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3220 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I agree with ottomagic,

Jim Sisti's routine where you change a borrowed signed bill to a one dollar bill and reproduce the borrowed bill from a change purse is great.

It astonishes people AND you end clean! How many TT routines are there where you can say that!
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Most impacting effect using a TT? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL