The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cheep cheesy plastic skulls (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Thought I d mention that my local Dollar Tree has them for a buck a piece.

Also I saw some nice cheap-metal skull candle holders and such at Michaels the other day.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Start with a Dollar Store skull and put in a little time painting and detailing with epoxy putty and you can make them look pretty realistic.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hmmm... I can see a bowling arena of the macabre
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3825 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Or a cup and skull game for kids...
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I paint mine with a lot of glow in the dark paint and some black paint. Under my 400 watt blacklight bulb they look pretty eerie.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I've taken the cheapo plastic skulls and used liquid latex, some of that fake spider web stuff, pieces of tissue paper, hair, and some acrylic paints to make some very nice partially decomposed skulls.

Also, Michael's usually has around Halloween, some pretty nice styrofoam skulls. They won't take a lot of rough abuse, but they look great and don't cost too much.

I have also found some good looking resin skulls at Big Lots. I used some of these in a routine that was done as a fake shell game.

The cups (shells) were big enough to each hold a skull hidden in the top. This fake carnival game was played on a table that had the words, "3 Shell Game" on the front. The balls (softballs painted red) would vanish as the cups were shuffled around, thanks to a black art hole in the table, ala Abbott & Costello's Lemon Game.

The words on the front of the table then started to move, and transformed to read, "3 Skull Game". The cups were then lifted and each now had a skull underneath.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cheep cheesy plastic skulls (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL