The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Taking the topic literally... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I just noticed that clementine oranges are about the same size as your average sponge or ping pong ball. A lot of ball moves work with them. Smile
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
You got some small clementines.
You know why don't act naive.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
This crop is bit smaller then some I've had, yeah.

Very handy though. Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5731 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Who is clementine again?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Her dad was a Miner in '49...
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5731 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
She's orange?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
She had big feet. Number nines. She wore herring boxes without topses for sandals.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
Cool thanks.

I like this Clementine:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbwoo_b......ne_music
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
This has always been my favorite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b3coO_6MwY
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Quote:
On 2010-08-04 19:28, Cyberqat wrote:
I just noticed that clementine oranges are about the same size as your average sponge or ping pong ball. A lot of ball moves work with them. Smile

I make use of that coincidence in my "Magic Idol" routine (a hybrid Benson bowl/BIL routine).

Having previously borrowed (and vanished) a large denomination banknote earlier in the routine, I relate how the local villagers would often drop produce in Swami Mahmi Baba's begging bowl and that, while Swami Mahmi was always grateful for whatever people gave him, he especially like "those small seedless oranges called clementines that grow wild in that part of the world". I then ask if anyone has a clementine I can borrow.

When a clementine is not offered, I follow up by saying "I'm not surprised--clementines aren't in season. Fortunately, I brought some artificial clementines with me, just in case this happened." I then pull a 2" orange sponge ball from my pocket and drop it into the bowl.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
What colour orange do you prefer?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3393 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2010-08-05 23:58, tommy wrote:
What colour orange do you prefer?

Silver
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
Silver? Well conjure me up a Clementine, Saffron & Dark Chocolate Opera Cake (Glutton Free) if Silver isn‘t the colour of the wheel within a wheel spinning silently in space!

Tommy
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Ezekiel’s Clementines are out of season, alas.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3223 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Quote:
On 2010-08-04 19:28, Cyberqat wrote:

Good idea.

It might also be possible to reinforce a section of rind to get a serviceable *****.

You reminded me of this post Jonathan Townsend made on Feb 13, 2003 4:14pm at The Cylinder and Coins: (I'm referring to the section at the end of that post).
Quote:
Frank,

JR was trying to mess with the magicians of the 1920's with that handling. Today a clever magician might try other tactics to mess with magicians.

The wand pushes the trick away from folks. Bob Kohler, David Neighbors and Curtis Kam have posted about using the same premise and put a small coin on the gaff of their Boston boxes and did the routine into an Okito box. It works just as well and so much closer to the audience.

Still waiting to read that someone produced a full shot from under the cylinder at the end of the routine. Or dropped the wand into the cylinder to have it vanish. Or produce a huge stack of coins from inside the cylinder. Or do the routine with three Oreo cookies and a jelly bean.

Is it soup yet?

(I quoted Jonathan's post here because that topic is huge and I found out that search links are cached and eventually expire).

And, at Look! He's got a coin up his sleeve! in the "Little darlings" forum, stannmaple wrote about a Miser's Dream routine where he produced cookies. That seems far better for children than producing coins. (Far better for me too! I make no claim of maturity!)

And, of course, it doesn't have to be food - although food brings a new meaning to the term, "bad act." Smile

Or, did you want to stay on the subject of clementines?
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I think thoughts about any food are fair game Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Taking the topic literally... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL