The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Never... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
... wrassle with a pig. You both get dirty, and the pig likes it...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
My grandpa used to watch wrassling on TV, back in the day. We're talking when I was a kid, back in the 1960s and early 1970s. We lived in Taiwan, but we'd go back now and then to visit my grandparents in Abilene, and I'd watch wrassling with my grandpa and he'd tell me stories. Stories about how one guy during a chain wrassling match wrapped the chain around his fist and ground the other guy's eye out. No lie. That's how it happened. My grandpa (actually, my step-grandfather, but that's another story, and needs someone like MagicSanta to tell it) believed in wrassling--really BELIEVED it--and his stories scared the crap out of me.

Wrestling, of course--especially with pigs--is another thing altogether.

But I thought I'd take the time to share.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

Hey, stone, this is not the direction I thought this would take, but that's cool. I used to go to "big time" wrassling with my dad- we would get so into it that it was as real as real could be. That and roller derby.

Sure, later and in our hearts, we knew no one could take that abuse and make a career out of it. But I got to tell you, there haven't been many things thru the years that approached that level of excitement. Whatever happened to Nature Boy Buddy Rogers, anyway?

back on track-

... spit into the wind...
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Wrassel with a pig EH. I did that for 20 years before I divorced the pig. Now I dance with a princess.

FYI
The reason why divorces are so expensive is because they are worth it.

Buddie Rogers is dead.

When I was a kid (about 8) my parents used to let me stay up after midnight to see gorgous George wrassel. He would enter the ring with his valet, and spray the ring with perfume before each bout. Here is the gorgous one now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6DgE176UI
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

Anybody remember Sweet Daddy Sieke?

... never anger a dragon, for you are crunchy, and would go well with brie...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My grandfather in Oklahoma absolutely loved watching wrestling. I had an aunt who would go see it with the intention of saving the souls of the bad guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Never... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL