The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SVEN: The Precision Cut Svengali Bicycle Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I LOVE Svengali's, so I think I'll pick this one up:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1582
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Thank you Review King,

I just ordered the Oz dvd which comes with a free Sven deck.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Oz is great on the DVD!

Regards,
Mike
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Any review on the cards itself? Is it really that great?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Alvo
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Alvo
I've handled the SVEN deck, and it's excellent. But when you receive it, you won't say "oh my god that's good" you'll say, "oh, that looks the way it should." "Great" in this case is more a lack of imperfection -- which is a very very good thing, but heavenly light will not pour out of the UPS box when you open it Smile
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
It might if you turn the box upside down and look up towards the sun.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2010-08-06 17:46, Douglas Lippert wrote:
It might if you turn the box upside down and look up towards the sun.

Douglas, I tried your idea and it works like a charm. It's so bright!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Johnny4781
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Johnny4781
Did you guys notice that the Sven Decks' INDIFFERENT/NORMAL cards only come in TWO suits? NOT all four?? I found this to be very strange - when you flip through the decks (showing a "normal" deck), you'll only see only TWO suits go by! I reported this to Penguin, as it was this way with BOTH decks that I bought, & Maxwell was more than happy to make good on it by sending two NORMAL Bicycle decks to take the necessary cards out of them to add to the Sven decks to help make them look more normal... that was very nice of him, but it's a shame that it also wasted two normal decks in order to do this. Just wondering if anyone caught this...?
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Hi Johnny, that was an error in some SVEN decks that we realized quickly. I'm glad to hear we were able to get you fixed up. Yes, it's not optimally efficient to include full Bike decks, but while we're working on a more efficient solution we want to make sure we can take of you fast.

Thanks Johnny!
Johnny4781
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Johnny4781
Hi Acar,

Thanks for the quick response to my post! Yes, Maxwell was very gracious to offer the Bike decks! For future Sven purchases, do you expect this to no longer be an issue? And is it the actual "CUT" on the force cards making a Sven deck what it is, or is it the particular quality of the WHOLE deck? Just wondering because I haven't gotten around to mixing in the regular Bikes yet & I'm hoping there's no difference between the the Sven's indifferent cards & a regular deck of Bikes.

If it IS, indeed, the CUT on the force cards that 'make' this deck, just what is it about this cut that is different from a regular Svengali card cut... just curious.

Thanks again Acar!! Smile
Johnny
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Good lord Man, they have medicine for your condition.

Quote:
On 2010-08-06 17:39, Alvo wrote:
I've handled the SVEN deck, and it's excellent. But when you receive it, you won't say "oh my god that's good" you'll say, "oh, that looks the way it should." "Great" in this case is more a lack of imperfection -- which is a very very good thing, but heavenly light will not pour out of the UPS box when you open it Smile
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SVEN: The Precision Cut Svengali Bicycle Deck (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL