We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Pea Shoot by Wolf's Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Here is the deal, I had this Prop and decided to sell it because it just did not get good reactions. I have now thought up a possible routine and have recently purchased a Pea Shoot here on the Café'.

I need your help, can someone please guide me to a Good Routine for this. If you are getting GOOD Reactions could you please let me know how you are presenting this effect. PM me if you can give me some good suggestions on this prop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RJ
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Happy Hank
View Profile
New user
Winnemucca, NV
34 Posts

Profile of Happy Hank
Quote:
please let me know how you are presenting this

I'd use a nail writer with a real nail or one of those plastic thumbs with a thumb tack. I'd loose the cards, loose the wand, loose the pea.

Have the balloon pop when they say magic words, make a funny face, etc. Pretend the balloon popping is not in your contol, it's theirs. Fake annoyance at them. Make it a running gag even. End your show by finally 'getting it right' and giving the birthday kid a balloon animal.

HH
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of John Martin
This makes absolutely no sense at all!!!

Seldom is it the tricks fault for no reaction. At the very least do it per the instructions that Chancde includes.

John
jkwebber
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of jkwebber
I have had pretty good luck with the Pea Shooter. The kids seem to like when the first 2 balloons fizzle or fly away. You really need to "ham" it up and act like you were not expecting it. As far as the final revelation of the chosen card, I prefer a magical word that the birthday kid made up and all of the other kids have to say it 3 times in a row. I still sometimes have them shoot the pea out of the shooter too. Just depends on the group of kids.
Happy Hank
View Profile
New user
Winnemucca, NV
34 Posts

Profile of Happy Hank
Quote:
This makes absolutely no sense at all!!!

Seldom is it the tricks fault for no reaction. At the very least do it per the instructions that Chancde includes.

John

Wait, you just threw in the old "it's not the trick that makes the magician but the magician that makes the trick" rule then tell me MY idea doesn't make sense? I fail to see the logic.

All I'm saying is a pocket full of round balloons and a thumb tip with a tack could be more entertaining & $180 cheaper. Kids don't' care about the trick, they care about being entertained. Magic is just a vehicle to get you there.

HH
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Sorry Happy....TMORP was asking for presentation ideas with the PEA SHOOT. You offered an alternative method for the effect. That's why it didn't make sense. Now that you've explained your post further, it makes perfect sense as an alternate handling for the comedy card in balloon effect. And YES a heck of a lot cheaper.
Sorry again that I didn't cath your intent in the first post.

John
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
352 Posts

Profile of magicone
I personally had a problem with the ABC ReCombobulator, performed to the instructions and it just didn't fly for me. (my fault I'm sure)

However I can bring the house down with the Run Wolf Run with ease.

I was thinking of purchase the Pea Shoot but have seen several sold on the Café so I was hesitant as I worried it wouldn't work for my character.

I also will be really interested in hearing how people are successful with the Pea Shot and their presentation if different from the provided directions.
jkwebber
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of jkwebber
The Pea Shooter is still a good comedy trick for younger kids. It is kind of the magician in trouble....balloons fly away or fizzle. I try to use animal cards rather than playing cards for young kids
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
[quote]

I was thinking of purchase the Pea Shoot but have seen several sold on the Café so I was hesitant as I worried it wouldn't work for my character.

Several were on sale because Hocus Pocus had a MAJOR sale on these. I purchased one used for $150. Hocus had them new for under $130. I have not put it into my act yet but will soon. I'll most likely perform it as it reads. I think it'll get some great reactions as it is a magician in trouble effect and fits what I do.

The props are beautiful and packs small. Nothing crazy to them and easy to work.

Mike Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
This is the kind of thread that makes me shake my head in complete disbelief.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Why does it make you shake your head in disbelief? Is it in regards to my question or others comments?

RJ
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Quote:
On 2010-08-11 02:19, TMORP wrote:
Why does it make you shake your head in disbelief? Is it in regards to my question or others comments?

RJ

Perhaps because nobody has actually answered your question.
c.mcbrien
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
52 Posts

Profile of c.mcbrien
How many card revelations does Chance sell?????
"Drama and ego are great for the stage, but when I'm off the stage, I drop all that crap..and don't put up with any!"

http://www.chrismcbrien.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
8 Card Revelations plus one variation
25+ various other effects

Why do you ask? Smile
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
c.mcbrien
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
52 Posts

Profile of c.mcbrien
I'm curious. It seems like you do a lot of card revelations. Since you're here, have you ever thought about doing something like the "Dagger Head Chest" but different?
"Drama and ego are great for the stage, but when I'm off the stage, I drop all that crap..and don't put up with any!"

http://www.chrismcbrien.com
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Quote:
Since you're here, have you ever thought about doing something like the "Dagger Head Chest" but different?

YEAH! with a card revelation as a kicker Smile

John

Love my Pea Shoot!!!
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Chris,
It may seem I do a lot of card revelations but the truth is it is about 25% which is a good number as there are so many variations to card revelations.
You must remember that I sell to many folks who have many tastes so the variety keeps me in business. No matter how cool one thinks a creation is, there seems to be just as many that do not prefer it.
I have thought about the Dagger Head Chest but just could not find a good enough spin yet.
Given the crappy economy, I have to keep to the less expensive tricks for now. Seems to be working until we get someone in office who knows something about business and how it truly works!!
Thanks!!
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Quote:
On 2010-08-10 23:02, Frank Starsini wrote:
This is the kind of thread that makes me shake my head in complete disbelief.

Wow me too Frank! This is wierd..... I thought the question was wierd.... and the nail thing .... bizarre
I thought it was some guys just trying to punk us.
and I hope it is.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
[quote]On 2010-08-06 06:15, Happy Hank wrote:
Quote:

I'd use a nail writer with a real nail or one of those plastic thumbs with a thumb tack. I'd loose the cards, loose the wand, loose the pea.

HH

How do you loose cards, wands, and peas? Is it some kind of odd loose biddle grip?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Pea Shoot by Wolf's Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL