The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Check out the new Tenyo 2011 line here:
http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbt......st226522
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
They look like they have potential. One of the effects appears to be Scotty York's light bulb trick. This retails for approximately $200, I have been told by a relaible source that the Tenyo version will be in the $40 - $50 range. This is great trick and will certainly be brought to a wider audience with the Tenyo release.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
WOW looks nice...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I hope that floating bill is not the effect with transparent strip below bill lol
Trick whit liberty statue can be either all good and very clever or really bad.
I like the Light bulb effect, I hope his was made in good quality !
Mystery black box look great too.
Now that someone has revealed the new line 2011 and fanned the secret, I can also tell you that there is another secret trick not show in this website for the line 2011 in the catégory Wolrd greatest magic. A story of light output from nowhere if you understand what I think Smile
So in total the new Tenyo line will consist of 5 effect that look better than last year line.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
The Mystery Black box looks like and the effect sounds like a basic rattle box... hopefully they have added a twist.

John
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
It certainly does look a lot like a rattle box.
And I am wondering whether the Statue of Liberty trick works in a similar manner to Paul Harris/Lubor Fiedler's Reality Twister.

Guess I'll have to wait for the videos to get a better idea...
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Tenyo certaily has experience with that filter, introducing it in Metal Matrimony. You are right we will need to wait to see a demo video... but hey it is fun to speculate.

John
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-08-06 19:32, xl18 wrote:
It certainly does look a lot like a rattle box.
And I am wondering whether the Statue of Liberty trick works in a similar manner to Paul Harris/Lubor Fiedler's Reality Twister.

Guess I'll have to wait for the videos to get a better idea...

I think you are right...I'm 99% sure that the Statue of Liberty trick use the Reality Twister principle...if you look for Mr. Fiedler patents on the web, is easy to find his patent showing a very very similar device...this patent was filled in 2001 and granted in 2003!!! (patents are public domain)...I hope I'm wrong and that Tenyo will surprise us with a great new principle as we are used to...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Oh god you are true, the patent is very very similiar whit tenyo 4-D surpise Smile

http://www.boliven.com/patent/WO20040330......R&page=2

but the transparent box does not appear to be made with the material of reality twister, she looks really transparent and in the description I have they say the support is shown empty, then the box is placed on it, we see inside that there is nothing because there are vertical bars behind, then the box is lifted and the statue appears. if the support is shown empty at the beginning without the box is that the statue is not there yet.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-08-07 09:28, stereo wrote:
Oh god you are true, the patent is very very similiar whit tenyo 4-D surpise Smile

http://www.boliven.com/patent/WO20040330......R&page=2

but the transparent box does not appear to be made with the material of reality twister, she looks really transparent and in the description I have they say the support is shown empty, then the box is placed on it, we see inside that there is nothing because there are vertical bars behind, then the box is lifted and the statue appears. if the support is shown empty at the beginning without the box is that the statue is not there yet.

Hope you are right and this new trick is something complete different.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1921 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I was playing around with some older Tenyo yesterday and I can't help feeling a bit dissapointed (again) with this new release ... . Apart from the box with the statue of liberty (which we, Tenyo enthousiasts already know how it works more or less) there is nothing that exites me ... .
When I first saw a performance of for example Ultra Tube, Billscape, Mystery China Box, Prison Box or Ninja Experiment I had no clue how these things worked! I thought about it for a longtime and couldn't figure them out. That was/is the beauty of some Tenyo items Smile

When I look at the items of this year:
- the box/statue seems nice, but we have a pretty good idea how it works, still this is defenitely the trick I'm looking forward the most this year;
- the ring in a box seems obvious to to me, based on an older principle;
- the floating bill will either have some IT or a mechanism like Floating Card I think, but that last option is not very likely. I could be wrong here however, but how many Floating Bill illusions are there out there? Nothing really new imho.
- the lightbulb is an effect that is on the market already but much more expensive, hopefully Tenyo will add something 'Tenyo-like' ... ;
- and then the DLites, ah well ... I already own a set of these (as most of us do I believe)

So what's REALLY new? Really something that will fool me and give me sleepless nights trying to figure a trick out? Nothing Smile

Tenyo used to be the first to come with new techniques that would then be copied by other manufaturers. For example (and I could be wrong in some cases) Cubio, What's Next, Flashdice, Occult Board, Coin In Nest, Die Vision, Glass Board, Magnetic Cardcase, Crystal Box, Squeeze play, ... or make completely new 'mechanisms' that aren't being copied and that we all like that much (see above for some examples). It seems they aren't that creative anymore as they used to be ... .
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I fully agree, David! However, one must admit that it's becoming more and more difficult to create new principles once you have discovered that much already. That's no excuse for lack in creativity - rather an stimulation to be thinking even more "off the track".

I'm confident that Tenyo will (one fine day) hit the spot again - and make us wonder like kids again....
But it seems we need some more patience....
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

I think open innovation is the answer...if you don't have it internally then you open your doors and look outside...Tenyo did it succesfully with the great and innovative magic principles from Angelo Carbone and Lubor Fiedler...and I think they should repeat this formula more often...
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1320 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
To clarify the statue of liberty trick, it is a Lubor Fiedler creation. I have had the pleasure to see live the prototype of it several years ago when Lubor was in London. I saw a video last night of this latest creation. Here is exactly what happens...

The base has the backdrop attached. Box is aside. The backdrop is lifted up to show nothing behind it and the base is turned over to show nothing either. The backdrop is replaced. Next the box is shown inside and out and all around it. Nothing inside at all. It is placed on the base and the stripy backdrop is naturally seen through the box. The backdrop is removed one final time and show all around back and front. The box is still empty. Backdrop is replaced. When box is lifted straight up a statue is standing on the base. The statue is removed and everything can be repeated to produce a second statue.

Statues are real and you can use any similar sized object although a simple modification may need to be done to the backdrop.

Handling by Toru Suzuki I believe.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1921 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Sounds very interesting, Angelo, thanks for discribing the trick! Can it be examined (before or/and after)?
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1320 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
From knowing the method everything can be examined except the clear box because if they start playing with the box they can see its magical properties Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes the best trick for the Tenyo line 2011 I think ... Thanks to Lubor He saved a year that would have been tasteless ...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Lol
Be prepared to laugh because Tenyo 2011 Cloud Money is the new number 1 worst trick ever invented by Tenyo !
Finally this year there are four tricks, two are "World Greatest Magic" created by other magicians and the other two are actually already seen ... Rattle box ( it looks good anyway) and the worst trick ever designed by Tenyo: cloud money .... A year of development does manage to get these two triks which one is a real joke and the other an effect seen and reviewed. What happens there in the brains of Tenyo? No idea comes out of their minds ? I do not understand what they have done for a year.
Fortunately, after seeing the demo, it is now sure that "4D surprise" will be a new best seller for Tenyo and Ghost lamp looks to be an nice effect and fun to perform.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

WOW...the 4D Surprise demo is really really great!!!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Can you provide a link to the 2011 demos? Thanks,

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL